'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

I’m disappointed when it’s not hahaha. I really like this kid. After a bit in Coach Fitz’ S&C program, he’s gonna be even more lethal than he already is. Strength, length, freakish athleticism........just for you @Glitch @chargervol TWSS!!!

Haha. I should probably just stay quiet and steal the credit but alas, not in the "twss" club.

Heck, given my phone changed it to "tess" 3 times, apparently I've never typed it out.😄

Marqise Lee? How so? Lee was a decently thick 6-0, 190 as a freshman. He beat people with strength and separation off the line whereas Wideman is maybe 4-5 inches taller, remarkably thinner, and wins with athleticism on contested jump balls. They seem like very opposite kinds of players to me. What similarities do you see?

He reminds me of either Calvin Johnson or Wes Welker. It's too hard to make a distinction.

Brandon Johnson is also returning. He led us in receiving yards in 2017. I'd say that's pretty good experience returning between him, Palmer, and Keyton. And DWA at TE. Lot's of experienced playmakers for any of our QBs to throw to in 2020. Having the same OC for another year should help as well.
DWA gone.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Rewatching that video just made me realize how impressive Gordon’s all star dunk over taco fall was.
This kid is a athlete and one of the best dunkers style wise I have seen. Excited to see him on b-ball and football team.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Sorry, not sorry if already posted. Enjoy the rewatch.

That kid is kinda thick and has some wide shoulders to grow into and body looks more ready than Gaines and Pember in basketball. I think Wideman is going to shine in football, not too many teams are going to try to bump and run with him anyway. Looks plenty strong enough not to get jammed up and once he gets down field and it's one or even 2 on one, Wideman's basketball skills and athleticism will get him into position to catch the ball at it's highest point. Potential Freshman All-America, imo. Playing time is out there to be taken and we already know Pruitt and Chaney ain't scared to play freshman. I don't think I've been this excited about a true freshman WR since Preston Williams, didn't turn out real good for UT, but he had mad production at CSU (?) and playing in the NFL. Next year may be PWs breakout year. Anyway, damn @T Dog , u would like this, has me rambling on, Wideman will have an opportunity to shine next year, just has to seize it

Last edited:
That kid is kinda thick and has some wide shoulders to grow into and body looks more ready than Gaines and Pember in basketball. I think Wideman is going to shine in football, not too many teams are going to try to bump and run with him anyway. Looks plenty strong enough not to get jammed up and once he gets down field and it's one or even 2 on one, Wideman's basketball skills and athleticism will get him into position to catch the ball at it's highest point. Potential Freshman All-America, imo. Playing time is out there to be taken and we already know Pruitt and Chaney ain't scared to play freshman. I don't think I've been this excited about a true freshman WR since Preston Williams, didn't turn out real good for UT, but he had mad production at CSU (?) and playing in the NFL. Next year may be PWs breakout year. Anyway, damn @TDawg , u would like this, has my rambling on, Wideman will have an opportunity to shine next year, just has to seize it

TL, SREW (still read every word)

Because Dooley was terrible. Worse than Butch. And that's saying something.
Yeah, it might have been Fulmer's finest moment was how he reacted when Colquitt went down. He was very decisive in creating the competition between his two freshman quarterbacks Manning & Stewart. There was not the feeling of panic.

7-9. Jalin Hyatt, Jimmy Calloway and Malachi Wideman, receivers
At least one of these guys will have to be a factor. Perhaps all of them will be. But there’s no position on Tennessee’s roster more wide open for early impacts than receiver. Wideman, a borderline top-100 prospect, is the highest-rated of the group, but Calloway and Hyatt bring a little more speed, the biggest need in the Vols’ strong class of receivers. Hyatt is the fastest of the trio but Wideman is a bigger target at 6-foot-5 and just under 200 pounds. Both will probably add some weight before long, but beyond Josh Palmer and senior Brandon Johnson, there aren’t any proven entities for the Vols’ receiver group. Ramel Keyton is a good bet and USC grad transfer Velus Jones will be in the mix, but there is a ton of opportunity without Marquez Callaway and Jauan Jennings. Bet on at least one of these guys getting into the double digits for catches this season and becoming a mainstay in the rotation. All three could do it.
-Ubben

Is Gibbs going to play receiver? That kid is really talented and I hope he sees the field somewhere this year. Wonder why he wasn’t even mentioned here.
It is about 2020 signees. Gibbs was 2019.

I think he will be at WR, considering our need is so much greater there. Also where he practiced with the scout team this past year.

It is about 2020 signees. Gibbs was 2019.

I think he will be at WR, considering our need is so much greater there. Also where he practiced with the scout team this past year.
Yes, but the article did not even mention Gibbs, but did talk about Velus Jones, Brandon Johnson, and others.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back