Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's been crazy, everything suggested otherwise. My son found my trophies in the basement a couple of years ago and he's been locked on to everything that races - boats, motocross, rally, stock cars, everything.

Finally got him to bed but he wouldn't go to sleep until this news came out. Selfishly hoping this was enough to steer him away.

No but my darling ex is in some legal troubles her self, albeit probably not much. On probation for shoplifting in one state and got picked up for shoplifting in another state. She goes to court tomorrow. If the second state finds out about the probation she might get more than a slap on the wrist. Second hard was more than $100 but less than 1500. So idk.

Unrelated but I worked today, came home and took the kids to ju jitsu, made dinner, and am helping with homework. They just talked to her on the phone and she said today she watched two movies and took a nap. She literally said ā€œIt was an exhausting day.ā€ šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚. I swear I canā€™t make this ish up.

tenor.gif

Hey all. My father in law is going into Hospice Care tomorrow. He is a second father to me and he has had 88 good years. I've had the great pleasure to know him almost 23 years. Thoughts and Prayers for all who loved him are greatly appreciated.
I know the purpose of hospice and it is a great comforting service, but such an empty feeling when your loved one is entered into it. A silent prayer going up for all left behind as he enters paradise.

Hey all. My father in law is going into Hospice Care tomorrow. He is a second father to me and he has had 88 good years. I've had the great pleasure to know him almost 23 years. Thoughts and Prayers for all who loved him are greatly appreciated.

Love my father in law very much. Your post inspires me to make the most of our time I have left with him. Donā€™t know if thatā€™s 5 years or 25 years. Prayers for you, my fellow anti-notification-stockpiler brother.

So XFL is down to the Dallas Renegades or the Houston Roughnecks.

Dallas has my favorite uniforms, but Bob Stoops.

Houston has pretty good uniforms, I like the Roughnecks name and they got a former UT player on defense....plus they are undefeated still and have a solid team that's fun to watch.

New York Guardians were just hard to watch and I really think their QB is pretty trash. Although DC Defenders did look pretty good...I just can't pull for a team in DC.

Dallas Renegades = Micah Abernathy.
Plus, I am one of their team docs šŸ¤ 

F1 is way more dangerous than NASCAR. There was a death just last year in F2. The safety has come so far in both sports, but there is an inherent risk involved. Put em on dirt, sand, grass, snow - doesnā€™t matter. There will always be bad accidents and the occasional death in racing. NASCAR has been very lucky for a long time. Glad to hear the positive reports on Newman!

Prayers for you and your family.

Glad Newman is going to survive this. NASCAR has really improved safety. However, I don't follow NASCAR much anymore, I prefer Formula 1. Turning, shifting and the fine tuning of their cars by the driver even while going 180 mph+. (The freaking steering wheel cost three to four times what I paid for my house because of all the controls it has on it to allow the driver to change brakes, suspension, etc while driving.) They race in the rain. The G forces in multiple directions are incredibly fatiguing (use to get that in my flying days). Those guys clearly are the best drivers in the world, but you can't drive if you're heavier than 150 lbs because they're fanatics about every ounce of weight. Bucket list item has always been to go to the Monoco Grand Prix. Haas now has a team, but still looking for the right drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back