So many doom and gloomers...

Y’all breath.

The talent, IQ, and POTENTIAL on our young young roster really has me SUPER STOKED regardless of our struggles this year.

If I had to be Debbie downer about anyone, perhaps I’m a little underwhelmed by FRESHMAN Uros Plavic.

I don't see many being "doom and gloom' about next year. I see people being upset/disappointed that barring a small miracle we're not going to the NCAAT. And that's hardly an unreasonable position, especially considering we should have won yesterday (and against TAMU).

I don't understand why fans are so upset. Tennessee has never been a great basketball program in its history. We've had a couple years here and there but fans act like we are Duke. Just appreciate what we had the last two years realize the next two has potential and stop acting like Tennessee basketball has always been something special.

I don't understand why fans are so upset. Tennessee has never been a great basketball program in its history. We've had a couple years here and there but fans act like we are Duke. Just appreciate what we had the last two years realize the next two has potential and stop acting like Tennessee basketball has always been something special.
When the head basketball coach is being paid like he's at Duke I don't think making the NCAA tournament is an unreasonable expectation. Barnes played UT last year and wouldn't have been here had it not been for a buyout hang up. This season is a direct result of lazy recruiting Barnes first 3 years, the team isn't any good but that falls on Barnes.

Last year is what I expected. This year is what I expected. Next year will be what I expect for next year. We will be really solid next year. So...if you have a realistic expectation then it's so much easier.
Barnes raised expectations when he demanded his salary be raised to unreasonable heights....

Y’all breath.

The talent, IQ, and POTENTIAL on our young young roster really has me SUPER STOKED regardless of our struggles this year.

If I had to be Debbie downer about anyone, perhaps I’m a little underwhelmed by FRESHMAN Uros Plavic.
So, basically your attempt to hall monitor other posters is basically just a “wait until next year” post??

Well done

Y’all breath.

There are always going to be some who constantly look at all the negatives. Yesterday was a tough loss, and there are rightfully questions about the last four minutes, and I'm excluding any officiating biases. But, the guys played hard and with a lot of heart. Better days ahead, and Uros will grow, too. I'm not sure if he will end up being a huge for us, but he just might.

I don't see many being "doom and gloom' about next year. I see people being upset/disappointed that barring a small miracle we're not going to the NCAAT. And that's hardly an unreasonable position, especially considering we should have won yesterday (and against TAMU).
The 2 losses that hurt painfully are the TAMU and Georgia. We were no-shows.
Though we had the game last night but coaching got the best of us in the last 3:00 minutes.
Felt and still do but it will depend upon these next 6 games and how we fair to get into the NCAA. If we do well we may see ourselves in a position during the SEC tourney to play ourselves into it....Just depends on how it falls for us....not done yet but close the door is closing fast.
We are just not an Offensive Threat. Bowden not getting off of slump and UP just occupying space.

When the head basketball coach is being paid like he's at Duke I don't think making the NCAA tournament is an unreasonable expectation. Barnes played UT last year and wouldn't have been here had it not been for a buyout hang up. This season is a direct result of lazy recruiting Barnes first 3 years, the team isn't any good but that falls on Barnes.
Like Chris has said before, by the time he got the raise, there wasn’t much he could do about this year. He brought in Vescovi which has been pretty clutch

Your right. Barnes had his best chance to win it all last year. He failed. I think Bruce Pearl could of took last years team with Admiral, Grant and those guys, and won it all.
Bruce would have never recruited either of those players...nor developed them as Barnes did.

Your right. Barnes had his best chance to win it all last year. He failed. I think Bruce Pearl could of took last years team with Admiral, Grant and those guys, and won it all.
Pearl does better with great 3 point shooters than great posts, I don’t think he would have done that much better with last year’s team since Grant was by far our best player

I love how some of y’all think we’re on par with Duke or any of the blue bloods when it comes to seeking “high expectations”.

Hell, we’re still waiting on our first National Title.

You think we can easily upgrade from a HOF coach whenever he retires? Get real.

I just think it's weird how some of yall want to win. We won last year. You should be happy losing because we aren't a blue blood.

Yes. All sarcasm.

So you're upset because of how much money he makes. Oh ok I understand now and I'm mad as hell.

Shoulda coulda woulda. It only takes three or four plays to get you beat in a close game. This year is a write off for Vol Basketball things will be better next year.

Reactions: Bennessee01
Same people complaining every game about talent and players being bust or not sec level...are the same ones think JG is a great QB...so obviously there is disconnect...

The 2 losses that hurt painfully are the TAMU and Georgia. We were no-shows.
Though we had the game last night but coaching got the best of us in the last 3:00 minutes.
Felt and still do but it will depend upon these next 6 games and how we fair to get into the NCAA. If we do well we may see ourselves in a position during the SEC tourney to play ourselves into it....Just depends on how it falls for us....not done yet but close the door is closing fast.
We are just not an Offensive Threat. Bowden not getting off of slump and UP just occupying space.

Didn't show up for an average Wisconsin team either.

Haha....I liked Pearl too, but he couldn’t develop players AT ALL. He, and the staff he had while at TN would not have developed Grant, Kyle, Schofield, and Bone into the players they became under Barnes & Staff.

VN Store

Back