Opinions on Zach Evans Situation

I think that we can all agree that we would be so excited to see Zach Evans in the orange in white. However, he’s got many other schools in mind. He recently visited rocky top and it was clear to see that he enjoyed it. Will Zach Evans be a vol?
There’s a “situation?”
Don’t know. Don’t really care. He seems like more drama that is worth the effort.

Jay Graham can handle this guy. Bring him on.
well, he's certainly been recruiting him for a while, so i would imagine, yes, CJG probalby knows what's up in regards to evans....good and bad.

and we've probably already developed and communicated what the plan would be to him.

anywho...we'll see what he does as far as that last vist goes once the dead period is over. seems like UF is gonna get that visit. Pruitt hasn't done his in home yet, and would imagine won't until after he visits UF (or wherever he vists).

and then we'll see where he actuall enrolls and shows up for class. lol.

Tennessee will be fine with or without Zach Evans, I have always believed QB is the most important position on a football team. The difference between good and great, RB not so much.

Pretty much this. We get a QB who is a downfield threat, and with the personnel that we have on the oline, we should be able to have a competitive running game with the current set of backs on the roster.

No need to bring a head-case into the locker room and start causing distractions with his nonsense.

Pretty much this. We get a QB who is a downfield threat, and with the personnel that we have on the oline, we should be able to have a competitive running game with the current set of backs on the roster.

No need to bring a head-case into the locker room and start causing distractions with his nonsense.
i don't disagree, in general. i do agree that Evans isn't a 'must get'. i like our RB room and OL as well. as @sjt18 said, he's a luxury....

the only thing i would say is, i just don't think 1 guy would affect this locker room, or this staff. he'd either "get it"....or he wouldn't be here/play. i don't see guys like Trey Smith allowing knuckleheads to knucklehead......know what i mean?

no way you go in to a recruitment like this, as seriously as we have, and not have covered that on some level....i'd imagine some sort of expectations have been communicated.

but yeah, in general, i agree...no need to sign up for potential problems if you don't have to.

which is also why i think this situation is different than when Kiffin got brown in 09.

Reactions: sjt18
Fine without him ... I was impressed with Gray last year and really don’t know if this kid is any benefit to the team overall. BUT would I take him - probably. As others have said, the staff knows his situation better than we do and we have to trust that I suppose.

Obviously he has talent and projects to have a future as a starting NFL caliber running back. I think his ceiling is totally up to HIM, barring injury. I don’t want to see him somewhere else in the EAST - so Ole Miss would be a good landing spot if he goes SEC. IF he wants to work, commit himself, and be a team player he sounds like a plus for the team.

i don't disagree, in general. i do agree that Evans isn't a 'must get'. i like our RB room and OL as well. as @sjt18 said, he's a luxury....

the only thing i would say is, i just don't think 1 guy would affect this locker room, or this staff. he'd either "get it"....or he wouldn't be here/play. i don't see guys like Trey Smith allowing knuckleheads to knucklehead......know what i mean?

no way you go in to a recruitment like this, as seriously as we have, and not have covered that on some level....i'd imagine some sort of expectations have been communicated.

but yeah, in general, i agree...no need to sign up for potential problems if you don't have to.

which is also why i think this situation is different than when Kiffin got brown in 09.

I'm risk-averse when it comes to bringing an 'agent of chaos' into the system that seems to be working fairly well at the moment. Nearly every season we see some college team dealing with the antics of a player to whose actions end up tainting the accomplishments of the whole.

He's a luxury.... not a need. Obviously his talent helps if he isn't a problem on the team.

UT is deep enough at RB to take him and then cull him if he doesn't work out.

This right here!!!!! Eric Gray is a special talent and has proven himself regardless of "stars" and like has been stated, UT is pretty deep at RB and they all can carry the load.

Reactions: OrangeShades
It would be great to get him. We need a dynamic playmaker like him.

Bryce Brown was good here. He also made the NFL. He left because he knew Dooley was a loser and a clown.

I think that we can all agree that we would be so excited to see Zach Evans in the orange in white. However, he’s got many other schools in mind. He recently visited rocky top and it was clear to see that he enjoyed it. Will Zach Evans be a vol?

Find and ask: Bryce Brown.

By all indications he's a great talent.
I only want him here if he really wants to be here with no second guessing.
So many similarities to Bryce Brown

Does Evans have a handler? Are we enticing him with blonde girls? What are the similarities?

Isn't this thread just a repeat of the recruiting thread......
That time I entered the Recruiting Forum....
tenor.gif

Never heard of her

I'm risk-averse when it comes to bringing an 'agent of chaos' into the system that seems to be working fairly well at the moment. Nearly every season we see some college team dealing with the antics of a player to whose actions end up tainting the accomplishments of the whole.
juice has to be worth the squeeze for sure.

i 'think' our culture at this point is strong enough to where you can get a kid like this and it wind up being good for us, and him.

it's no guarantee tho.....but for a kid that talented......i'm not opposed to it.

if it doesn't work out, we aren't out much....actually very little risk for us, imo....we're not in the position of this being a "must get".....

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
juice has to be worth the squeeze for sure.

i 'think' our culture at this point is strong enough to where you can get a kid like this and it wind up being good for us, and him.

it's no guarantee tho.....but for a kid that talented......i'm not opposed to it.

if it doesn't work out, we aren't out much....actually very little risk for us, imo....we're not in the position of this being a "must get".....
On the other hand, “A chain is only as strong as it’s weakest link.”

On the other hand, “A chain is only as strong as it’s weakest link.”
agree.

it's not a guarantee. there's a certain amount of risk involved, and many programs have recognized, and passed.....that's a known.

i'm just providing some, what i think anyway, reasons it could make sense for us...and him.....it's totally unknown whether it would work out or not.

Reactions: MAD
Exactly. No need for distractions. It’s never worth it ... almost a guarantee the team will lose more than it gains. Teams that win consistently bond and play as a team. Want a “mess”, consider the recent Pittsburgh Steeler teams ...

Reactions: BeardedVol and MAD

VN Store

Back