Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow.
No I definitely feel blessed on that part. The hardest part was when things looked inevitable and watching her try to be brave. I could tell she was terrified.

I did tell her once that I didn't think it fair she have to go thru this and offered to go. Thought she was gonna beat the crap out of me for bringing it up, haha.

But it's worked out well for her at least for now. The discomfort isn't enough for anyone to see, including her. And while I might be limited on trying to go somewhere and work, I can do enough at home (while eating 😄) to make her life much easier.

For that and all those here that helped me reach this point, I am grateful beyond words.
I'm grateful that I know you...even if it is just on a message board! And so very grateful that you have come this far! My cousin is still hanging in, but she isn't doing half as good as you.

I'm grateful that I know you...even if it is just on a message board! And so very grateful that you have come this far! My cousin is still hanging in, but she isn't doing half as good as you.

Have wanted to ask but was kind of worried about the answer. Figured if they had found a breakthrough, you would've told me.😔
I'm sorry SaS. If there's any questions etc., feel free to ask. I know Vanderbilt is great but SC was so far ahead on this.

Have wanted to ask but was kind of worried about the answer. Figured if they had found a breakthrough, you would've told me.😔
I'm sorry SaS. If there's any questions etc., feel free to ask. I know Vanderbilt is great but SC was so far ahead on this.
I so wish we would have known! After the whipple she still has pancreatitis and has to make trips to the ER for pain meds to get it to stop. The worst part for her is she had to quit working. She loved being a nurse.

I was 5'4 and 145 pounds as a freshman in high school. My sophomore year I was 6'2 and 125 pounds....man my legs ached constantly that year.

Now I'm 223 from tacos, buffalo chicken pasta and sitting in an office all day. Damn, I need to hit up Nick but an 8 hour work day, 2 hour commute, giving the wife attention and helping 2 kids with homework makes it hard to do more than some pushups and sit ups.

So funny, a lot of similarity here. I only remember how crappy it felt that they exaggerated my size on my 9th grade football roster because I guess they just couldn’t put my 5’2” 105 down. End of 10th grade I was probably about 5’11” and not a lot heavier.

By the time I finished HS at 6’1” 165, I couldn’t gain weight if you paid me 100s by the pound. Now, mid-fitties and way too officebound, I’m a softish 212 and always about to get back in shape. But I’ve gotten up nearly as high as 230 a couple times.

I used to set unreasonable goals. When I was 49½ I took up the slogan of Fit By Fitty. I didn’t make it. Now I know not to be so ambitious; I’m just going with Sexy By Six’y. I may not make that either but I’ve got over 5 years before the disappointment hits.

I so wish we would have known! After the whipple she still has pancreatitis and has to make trips to the ER for pain meds to get it to stop. The worst part for her is she had to quit working. She loved being a nurse.

Honestly, they can't fully explain my turnaround. The SC procedure to pulverize the calci and open the duct was great and the relief unbelievable.
But having no acute flare ups of lipase releases (the emergency trips to the ER and dilaudid) they're a little shocked that it's basically stopped. No real explanation.

And I have no interest in questioning it.

Honestly, they can't fully explain my turnaround. The SC procedure to pulverize the calci and open the duct was great and the relief unbelievable.
But having no acute flare ups of lipase releases (the emergency trips to the ER and dilaudid) they're a little shocked that it's basically stopped. No real explanation.

That's great!!! So grateful!

That’s very cool. Almost makes you wonder if the flare-ups could have been triggered by the misery itself, in an almost psychosomatic way. Like some particular chemicals, enzymes, whatever, were being activated by the suffering which in turn triggered the flare-ups and a vicious cycle. And then once you got the duct relief you stopped triggering them.

Please note that all of this speculation is backed up by a lifetime of little or no medical knowledge and even less general good sense. But I’m not about to let that start stopping me now.

That’s very cool. Almost makes you wonder if the flare-ups could have been triggered by the misery itself, in an almost psychosomatic way. Like some particular chemicals, enzymes, whatever, were being activated by the suffering which in turn triggered the flare-ups and a vicious cycle. And then once you got the duct relief you stopped triggering them.

Please note that all of this speculation is backed up by a lifetime of little or no medical knowledge and even less general good sense. But I’m not about to let that start stopping me now.
We really have linked her attacks post surgery to when she gets stressed or exhausted which is easy to do now.

Need the Astros are cheating SOB sticker instead.
Most teams in baseball cheat. Good grief don’t get me started. Beltran is quoted saying Astros in 2017 “were way behind everyone else” in electronic sign stealing. Three years previous, he was in Yankee pinstripes. 2018 and 2019 he was back in Yankee pinstripes. There is more to this than just the Red Sox and Astros.

Don't really care. Not a baseball fanatic anymore to the point where I'll watch a game on tv (too slow) but still love to go to one of the great parks (Fenway or Wrigley, wife is huge Red Sox fan) and watch the game in person. Alternatively it's fun to go to a Single A park, so basic. Might have to watch a tv game if the players start deciding to deal to some justice with the Astros (those crazy unwritten rules of baseball).

Best baseball year of my life was 1978. Was stationed in SF Bay Area learning to fly the P-3. Would fly in the morning and be done by noon with no ground job. Would jump in car and run over to Oakland. Team was competitive for the first half of the season with a bunch of young players like Tony Armas and a group of really good young pitchers, but collapsed in the second half. Everyone in Oakland was pissed off because Charlie Finley had tried to sell team to some investors to move it to Denver so they were averaging about 2000 per game. Finley had them play most of their games during the daytime because he didn't want to pay the electric bill for night games. With military ID I could show up 15 minutes before the game and get a front row box seat for $7. Henry Weinhard's Special Reserve (an excellent beer) for $1. (Was an Ensign making $12 grand a year with flight pay included so living on the cheap was important.) Players would stand around dugout and shoot the breeze with the few fans there. The next year Finley sells the team, new owners bring in Billy Martin to manage, those pitchers hit their stride and Rickey Henderson comes up from minors. They start playing night games in front of 25,000 a night and the salad days were over. Besides I joined my fleet squadron which meant we had the ready alert every 3 months while stateside, but also started work-ups in June/July for early fall deployment, which meant I was flying all the time.

Do any flying once you got out?

I haven’t made a post on Volnation in 7-8 years. For whatever reason, I felt obligated to respond to this... no Calhouns would not succeed in Houston in my opinion. Large majority stick to Brisket.
Math doesn't add up considering the join date, but welcome back. Good post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back