Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
My neighbor across the street has outside dogs that bark at everything and look miserable AF when its cold or raining outside. I feel very sorry for them. I also have a doberman that hates being outside unless its at least 80 degrees out. It just sounds like to me, if you are allergic to dogs then it's not for you. Like it's been said, having a dog is for companionship they share their lives with you and are completely awesome, innocent unconditionally loving creatures. I don't see the point of just having them living outside while you are inside unless they are working dogs.
I grew up with dogs outside. They were happy running free around the farm. Of course, they loved it when we were outside with them. Now if you're just going to leave it alone outside all the time while you're inside, that's completely different. My inside dog is happiest when we are all outside.

I grew up with dogs outside. They were happy running free around the farm. Of course, they loved it when we were outside with them. Now if you're just going to leave it alone outside all the time while you're inside, that's completely different. My inside dog is happiest when we are all outside.

Point is sharing time together regardless of where you are. They are companions.

Taco Bell for better late night food.

Laxative for me is about 8 or more HOT wings. Regular wings, I'm fine. Garlic Parm, Jalapeno Cheddar fine. But I snag China Syndrome or something that gets the sweat going then usually that night (or early the next morning) I'm purged.

I think Taco Bell is one of those places that’s good late at night because it’s still good even when it’s not fresh. I can’t say the same for places like McDonalds or Wendy’s.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Article misses the point and also contradicts it's main point. Last line of the article:

Which is essentially saying that the best method is for the handler, aka alpha or leader of the pack, to be the source of the intended association for the desired behavior. The pack discussed in this thread also doesn't just refer to other dogs. The pack can just be my dog and me for example. The article also misses that point. Dogs are social animals by nature. It is rare to see them alone when they have any opportunity to have companionship. Whether that's other dogs, people, horses, cats, whatever.
I think you're usually one of the more reasonable people on here, Sleegro, so I'm willing to engage with this lol. The article is an academic paper, and it's literally just the first reputable link I pulled up, so I included it. There's TONS of other sources that indicate, "pack theory," as most people know it is completely outdated misinformation.

Of course dogs are social, but the idea of an "alpha" and using that notion as a basis of training is what I'm talking about. I think there's a misunderstanding of semantics taking place here. I'm not saying dogs don't like companionship. I'm talking about the premise of a pack hierarchy and using domination to impose yourself as an, "alpha," is no longer a widely accepted behavioral technique. The idea of an alpha literally comes from one study in 1947 that has not stood up to scrutiny. Dogs aren't wolves, and dogs don't think humans are dogs. The whole theory is based on bad science, and people like to cling to it cause it feels correct.

I spend time with them inside and outside. They love the arrangement just fine. I doubt I am being cruel and the other countless millions who share their home with their dogs aren't either but hey man, I was just trying to get you see the rescue/shelter side of it. You just sound like a grandpa who keeps the dog outside and throws table scraps out the back door for their dinner and they die in 5 years.
The idea that because you keep your dog inside, then it must be the only way, and anyone who doesn’t is just cruel or a grandpa is very millennial of you.

mine too.

she'll go out on the deck, it'll be rainy and cold, and she'll just sit there, waiting on you to come out with her...........lol.

the dejection on her face when i turn and walk back in side is awesome......you can tell she's pissed. lol.

then she'll scratch the door, you'll open...she'll run away........look back, like 'you comin this time?'...and i'm like, 'no', i shut the door....rinse and repeat til she gives up and comes back inside.

dogs are fun.

(don't freak out, i do out with her and we play fetch and stuff.....so relax)

mine too.

she'll go out on the deck, it'll be rainy and cold, and she'll just sit there, waiting on you to come out with her...........lol.

the dejection on her face when i turn and walk back in side is awesome......you can tell she's pissed. lol.

then she'll scratch the door, you'll open...she'll run away........look back, like 'you comin this time?'...and i'm like, 'no', i shut the door....rinse and repeat til she gives up and comes back inside.

dogs are fun.

(don't freak out, i do out with her and we play fetch and stuff.....so relax)
You monster.

You monster.
giphy.gif

Dalmatians are a quirky breed. Nightmare evolved when Disney released the live action 101 Dalmatians many years back. Supply demand and return in droves with non patient customers buying a cute puppy.

We've had quite a few different breeds over the years, but our 1st Dalmatian. I miss the Great Pyrenees and Bernese Mountain Dogs. The Pyrenees sure were stubborn to train! Giant breeds just don't live very long.

Article misses the point and also contradicts it's main point. Last line of the article:

Which is essentially saying that the best method is for the handler, aka alpha or leader of the pack, to be the source of the intended association for the desired behavior. The pack discussed in this thread also doesn't just refer to other dogs. The pack can just be my dog and me for example. The article also misses that point. Dogs are social animals by nature. It is rare to see them alone when they have any opportunity to have companionship. Whether that's other dogs, people, horses, cats, whatever.

Yeah and you could tell what the article was going to be like from the headline. And sure enough, it was an aggressive stance throughout.

I've found that as a giveaway in any reporting. It almost always shows a preference in a particular outcome of studies. He/she(the author) was gonna "teach somebody a lesson".

If you've ever been around any kind of scientists/researchers... well, you've probably found a good one if they use statements like "however, other recent studies have shown" or "needless to say, there's more work to be done".
Listen to that one, haha.

Knew an older gentleman that had a " farm " of sorts, couple horses , chickens, couple cows.. he had 2 mixed breed dogs that were "outside" dogs. But those 2 dogs were like the guardians of the other animals. When the guy went to jump on his john deer gator to make his rounds and feed other animals, the dogs jumped right in, and stayed with the man all day.

When they weren't with him, the dogs sat atop a small hill watching the other animals. Watching for coyotes..

He said, when he let them in his house, they couldn't stand it and wanted back out.

He did have them a 10x10 shed with heat and fans they slept in , between the house and other animals.
Those dogs were truly free, happy, loved by not just humans , but other animals

Krystals filed bankruptcy Jan 20, so White Castle may end up being the only option for little burgers
yeah, i did hear that a few stores will remain open? not sure how or under what circumstance, but id say if you like Krystal burgers....get 'em while you can.

Reactions: BucVol98
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back