Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
People don’t play on the Cumberland Plateau!
Momma sure as heck didn't, she got madder than hell seeing me bleeding, when i pointed at the dog that was it for him.....grandpa used to dip the dogs in some strong tubs of malathion way back in the day when summer was in full swing, still remember that smell

I spend time with them inside and outside. They love the arrangement just fine. I doubt I am being cruel and the other countless millions who share their home with their dogs aren't either but hey man, I was just trying to get you see the rescue/shelter side of it. You just sound like a grandpa who keeps the dog outside and throws table scraps out the back door for their dinner and they die in 5 years.
My last lab lived to be 14. I said that about you being cruel because of your implication that people that have their dogs outside were cruel. . And by the way, I've never fed my dog table scraps. You seem like the guy that likes to judge but doesn't like to be judged. You seem like the the typical ******* that thinks they're always right and if everyone doesn't do it their way you're less woke.

I love you newt but just because someone does things different doesn't make them wrong. Hopefully I've helped you see it from another's POV.

Obviously found it more helpful to research myself. Nothing is "debunked" but instead (of course) highly debated.
It was also later found that when a matriarch died, the replacement befehl to next most dominant animal in wolf society.

That dominance predetermined by aggression in years leading up to the passing of a matriarch. Putting hierarchy very much, back into play.

But more to the current subject. A new discovery, thanks to modern technology and security cams being linked through internet, shows many dogs suffer from abandonment anxiety than previously thought.

From whining or other obvious anxiety related behavior, to just lying beside the door. And lying there for as many of 6 of the 8 or 9 hours that a typical owner is gone from the home.

I mean, I suppose as long as you ain't leaving a poor Husky or cold weather dog outside in the 100+ TN summer heat good deal.

But ya walk into a shelter and make a strong stance about "hey I'm pay for this here rescue dog and leave it outside 24/7, take my money" you can't exactly be surprised they'd balk at the idea. Most the time that's the exact situation they were rescued from...sometimes the owners left a dog unattended and chained up outside. Or sometimes the dog was a stray and outside 24/7 cause of that...but they without question will consider leaving a pet outside only as neglect, can't act shocked by that.

You may have a personal opinion it's "where a dog wants to be" but they also ain't gotta let you leave with a dog just cause you got the money either.

Obviously found it more helpful to research myself. Nothing is "debunked" but instead (of course) highly debated.
It was also later found that when a matriarch died, the replacement befehl to next most dominant animal in wolf society.

That dominance predetermined by aggression in years leading up to the passing of a matriarch. Putting hierarchy very much, back into play.

But more to the current subject. A new discovery, thanks to modern technology and security cams being linked through internet, shows many dogs suffer from abandonment anxiety than previously thought.

From whining or other obvious anxiety related behavior, to just lying beside the door. And lying there for as many of 6 of the 8 or 9 hours that a typical owner is gone from the home.

Yeah, if the wife and I both spent 8-10 hours away during the day I don't think I'd want to own a dog if he/she had to be inside that whole time.

I feel it's like most things, a combination of both sides makes for the best solution.

A dog that has room to roam and play outside, can also spend time indoors with the family and also doesn't have to spend an entire day isolated (either someone is around most the time, or another dog they can bond with)

Random thought because I wasn’t able to see Arky game. But just watched the highlights. It really looks like Vescovi has completely changed this team. We have someone that can drive and dish the rock. He’s not Bone fast but he’s saavy. Recency bias or no?
He’s got that off balance euro-rhythm that is deceptively quick. I like his game a lot he is going to be big for us next year

Reactions: engineerVOL
Not to be rude, but pack theory has been debunked at this point, so I would disagree with that sentiment. It was all based on one bad study conducted in the 40s, and people keep repeating it, but animal behaviorists don't put any stock into it anymore. The Outdated Methodology of Pack Theory and Its Influence on Modern Dog Training – Academic Journal of Canine Science
Article misses the point and also contradicts it's main point. Last line of the article:
That is why the best form of socialization is to teach the dog that all good things come from the handler.
Which is essentially saying that the best method is for the handler, aka alpha or leader of the pack, to be the source of the intended association for the desired behavior. The pack discussed in this thread also doesn't just refer to other dogs. The pack can just be my dog and me for example. The article also misses that point. Dogs are social animals by nature. It is rare to see them alone when they have any opportunity to have companionship. Whether that's other dogs, people, horses, cats, whatever.

I hate seeing dogs chained up. I got my oldest lab when he was 4 months old and we were his 4th family. He was chained up outside, his chain was 2 ft long. Why have a dog if its ju just chained up or in a 2x4 pen.
My brother is one of those people that use dogs as yard ornaments. Pisses us off to no end.

To further the Krystal conversation from yesterday, I have two questions:

What’s the better food laxative? Krystal or Taco Bell?

What’s the better late night food? Krystal or Taco Bell

Reactions: quadlee21
My last lab lived to be 14. I said that about you being cruel because of your implication that people that have their dogs outside were cruel. . And by the way, I've never fed my dog table scraps. You seem like the guy that likes to judge but doesn't like to be judged. You seem like the the typical ******* that thinks they're always right and if everyone doesn't do it their way you're less woke.

I love you newt but just because someone does things different doesn't make them wrong. Hopefully I've helped you see it from another's POV.

I was the one trying to get you to see the other side to your original complaint but ok, yes, different strokes for different folks. And as you surely know, this a message board, everyone is right and everyone else is wrong, don't act like you are astonished by strong opinions lol

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

The answer to both is actually the Halal carts in Charlotte and NYC. But so, so, soooooo worth it.

Taco Bell for better late night food.

Laxative for me is about 8 or more HOT wings. Regular wings, I'm fine. Garlic Parm, Jalapeno Cheddar fine. But I snag China Syndrome or something that gets the sweat going then usually that night (or early the next morning) I'm purged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back