Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was laughing at ol Terry ripping dude a new one...but those other two jerks whose posts you liked can kiss my butt...

I was just responding to them because of the whole preacher thing .... you know .... preacherwebb ....
i don't reckon they were talking about me (don't care if they were) ... just creating a little humor. That was all.
Are you a preacher/pastor? That would make the whole exchange make sense.

i'd be surprised if 18 regular season wins, at this point, would get us in....i just don't think we have enough quality wins to get us there. and the losses to aTm and MSU really didn't help, and have us up against the wall on win total....imo.

i almost think we need to win out and win one or 2 in the SEC tourney.

we absolutely have to beat USCe, Vandy and Ark.

Florida is certainly gettable.

and i think at least 2 of the 3 left against Auburn and UK.....

14-10 right now and we're 62nd in the RPI, before beating Arkansas we were 72. In order to get to 18 though we'd have to beat 2 of these teams Arkansas (again), Florida, Kentucky, Auburn.

Our resume is strong as hell though. Here's where the RPI has teams we played or will play
1- Kansas
2- Auburn (two games to play)
9- FSU
17- LSU
25- Kentucky (will have played twice)
29- Cincinnati
30- Arkansas (will have played twice)
33- Wisconsin
39- VCU
44- Florida
49- Memphis
54- Alabama
57- Miss State

We're in the meat of the schedule, winning 4 of the next 7 will without a doubt put us in the discussion because of how many Quad 1 games left to play.

@Freak can you please come and delete some of these people so we can actually just talk about Zach Evans!! In the “ZACH EVANS THREAD”

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Would this Vols team be better off making the NCAAT (likely one and done but great acheivement and experience) or go to the NIT and have the chance for deep run and build post-season experience for next year?
The Big Dance is always the goal. No one cares about the NIT. This place would melt down, it's the way it is in here.

14-10 right now and we're 62nd in the RPI, before beating Arkansas we were 72. In order to get to 18 though we'd have to beat 2 of these teams Arkansas (again), Florida, Kentucky, Auburn.

Our resume is strong as hell though. Here's where the RPI has teams we played or will play
1- Kansas
2- Auburn (two games to play)
9- FSU
17- LSU
25- Kentucky (will have played twice)
29- Cincinnati
30- Arkansas (will have played twice)
33- Wisconsin
39- VCU
44- Florida
49- Memphis
54- Alabama
57- Miss State

We're in the meat of the schedule, winning 4 of the next 7 will without a doubt put us in the discussion because of how many Quad 1 games left to play.
in the discusion? sure. but actually in? doubtful. not enough quad one wins imo.

and while that resume is strong, from a SOS standpoint, we only beat Ark and VCU and Bama so far on that list....now go beat Auburn twice, beat UF, and beat UK in lexington...and i think the committee starts to look at us as one of those HOT teams playing great ball at hte right time................that could help a lot. maybe you could get away with losing a heartbreaker on the road in lexingtong or auburn.....and still be considered that way.

it's there for us to go get...agree. but i think 4 more wins just isn't enough. you absolutely can't lose to ARK, USCe or Vandy...so you're saying all we have to do is win 1 of Aubx2, UF, KY games left? i don't think that's enough. cause i think UF is certainly a gettable game at home....and then potentially losing the other three? and get to 18, yeah, i don't htink that's enough.

SEC is probably only getting 3 teams in the tourney. I don’t think we have a shot unless we win out or come close to that.

Kentucky, Auburn, LSU are all in without question. There's 5 teams with at least 14 wins that all have legit shots. Of those 5 teams we have the best chance assuming we win 18 games because of the strength of our OOC & remaining schedule.

I think the SEC can get in as many as 6. I'd put money that 4 get in, hoping we can squeeze in 5 and that 5th team will likely be us. A dark horse wins the SECT (not being one of the 3 already in) then that will change things up. If we managed to finish 4th in the SEC we can get 1st/2nd round byes in the SECT we could position ourselves to be that dark horse team.

Ideally though 17 or 18 wins and then we win 2-3 in the SECT, that should get us in to the big dance. Right now though need to focus on winning Saturday.

Pretty amazing that our 5 highest rated WRs next year will be 4 true freshmen and 1 true sophomore:

Ramel Keyton — .9503
Malachi Wideman — .9492
Jalin Hyatt — .9218
Jimmy Calloway — .9197
Dee Beckwith — .8884

Deangelo Gibbs - .9770 (although as a Safety outta HS)

Seriously. They’re both 18 hour a day jobs but one includes lots of crootin travel. And he’s on a HC trajectory in the league anyway.
HC's in college aren't on the road as much as the position coaches.

they are on the road recruiting more than OC"s or HC's in the NFL. lol so yeah.

he interviewed twice for the Panthers' job before Rhule got it. and i think had Rhule not panned out, EB would have gotten the job here.

so i do think it's a matter of time for him in the NFL, and i'd stay put.

Reactions: pismonque
HC's in college aren't on the road as much as the position coaches.

they are on the road recruiting more than OC"s or HC's in the NFL. lol so yeah.

he interviewed twice for the Panthers' job before Rhule got it. and i think had Rhule not panned out, EB would have gotten the job here.

so i do think it's a matter of time for him in the NFL, and i'd stay put.

Yeah he isn't going to college.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back