'21 TN OLB Junior Colson (Michigan commit)

Probably not but he is a must hv and will be top 50 in America. This kid does drills with the Dbs and looks like he belongs. He will definitely be top 5 OLB in America. He can pass rush and drop without losing a beat, but the most important part of Jr is the kid is a very violent but cerebral player on the field but as cool and smart off the field. Even after missing a workout due to a visit or something of that nature the kid wants a make up work out.

Reminds of Simpson from Mallard Creek in Charlotte for the 2020 class. Borderline 5 stat guy

Would be ideal. In state kid at a position of need.... but that hasn’t really happened for/to us lately. Lately it feels like these in state kids with a clear path to the field still make us wait until the last minute.
We’re about to change that. We’ll start taking out of state kids that are higher or similarly ranked and make them either jump now or lose their spot.

Colson is likely an ILB/SS hybrid in our defense (Kinda like Tamarion McDonald in the ‘20 class. I’m gonna assume Colson will grow into a LB body. If he tries to wait and play games, the staff will have no problem taking the Tatum kid from Georgia or Ian Jackson in his spot and telling him to git. Only ILB this staff is gonna “wait for” is probably Smael Mondon (which we have a real shot there)

As of right now I’m not banking on Colson not being in the class simply because he plays for Ravenwood and those kids all get pushed away from the SEC for some weird reason

Last edited:
I’ll warn everyone now.. get ready for the In-State talent homers to be crying over the offseason. They don’t like this group anywhere near as much as they liked the group from last cycle. There’s a few guys they’re prioritizing but for the most part this class is gonna consist of kids from North Carolina, Virginia, Alabama and Georgia. Last year we signed 10 in state guys, this year it’ll be more like 4-5

There’s no question the in state crop isn’t as talented this year as it was last year but I absolutely think Colson and Turrentine will be priorities for this staff.

Saw him a couple times last year. He stands out on the field.....always. around the ball.

Reactions: you
I’ll warn everyone now.. get ready for the In-State talent homers to be crying over the offseason. They don’t like this group anywhere near as much as they liked the group from last cycle. There’s a few guys they’re prioritizing but for the most part this class is gonna consist of kids from North Carolina, Virginia, Alabama and Georgia. Last year we signed 10 in state guys, this year it’ll be more like 4-5
@bignewt approves this message, and I do too. Sign the best talent! Don’t take a prospect lower on the board, because he’s instate, if we can get someone from out of state, who’s higher on the board at that position.

Reactions: bignewt
Back when I played pee-wee for the Flatrock Vols, in the mid 70's, the only "flavor" was the green crap. OMG that was the worst taste.
The original lemon lime. One of my favorites, actually. But my favorite jellybeans are the black ones, too, so I may have questionable taste.

Reactions: MadWorld
Back when I played pee-wee for the Flatrock Vols, in the mid 70's, the only "flavor" was the green crap. OMG that was the worst taste.
In HS, we had this crappy green drink called, "Take 5"
The powder would settle down at the bottom. We would dip our entire arm to the bottom of the cooler to get some "grit"

Ahhhh, the memories.

Im not so sure. This '21 and '22 class have possibly the most talent the state has ever had before. Especially at the wr and db positions.

Turrentine
Griffin
Pennington
And Merrill are the 4 I can see in. I don’t know about anyone else. I mean, obviously we will recruit our other targets, but those are the 4 I feel will be in this class.

VN Store

Back