'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

I think there is an interesting comparison of two potential head cases here.

Player A caught on tape being disorderly and aggressive with fellow students and the law. Lot of fans lobbying for the player to come back to team, where he would represent some depth, at best.

Player B is younger, had non-violent, non-threatening authority issues with a coaching staff and has had an unorthodox recruitment Lot of fans do not want him, say he's a cancer. Would be the highest-rated offensive skill player on team.

Seems inconsistent. We want to add a depth guy that actually looks violent towards the community, but want to pass on a younger guy that apparently had a non-violent beef with coaches.

I think there is an interesting comparison of two potential head cases here.

Player A caught on tape being disorderly and aggressive with fellow students and the law. Lot of fans lobbying for the player to come back to team, where he would represent some depth, at best.

Player B is younger, had non-violent, non-threatening authority issues with a coaching staff and has had an unorthodox recruitment Lot of fans do not want him, say he's a cancer. Would be the highest-rated offensive skill player on team.

Seems inconsistent. We want to add a depth guy that actually looks violent towards the community, but want to pass on a younger guy that apparently had a non-violent beef with coaches.
once on campus, rankings begin over again.

What have you done for me lately?

Lol no. Just don't think we're getting this one.

Don't do predictions but I understand.
Usually people say "Vol" from positive comments, hints or...something. This kid hasn't given any team a reason to feel confident, imo.

Some people debating if we should "take him", while his feedback was mostly we're not in a cow pasture and he liked bowling.😅

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Lot of disinformation being put out there about this kid.. I believe Kirby Scum is responsible for a fair share of it. Not surprised so many eat it up and spread it around..
You mean the coach that just signed a player who can’t spell his own name, beat up a disabled kid in high school, and got into a fight on the field? Or the coach that just signed a player that tricked a kid into drinking his ejaculate in the locker room?

Oh wait that’s the same coach...

You mean the coach that just signed a player who can’t spell his own name, beat up a disabled kid in high school, and got into a fight on the field? Or the coach that just signed a player that tricked a kid into drinking his ejaculate in the locker room?

Don't forget the sugar bowl haircut...

What’s become of the second player above? That story / lawsuit went sort of quiet

Don't do predictions but I understand.
Usually people say "Vol" from positive comments, hints or...something. This kid hasn't given any team a reason to feel confident, imo.

Some people debating if we should "take him", while his feedback was mostly we're not in a cow pasture and he liked bowling.😅
They also say “Vol” as a joke.

Brown was crazy talented. If Kiffin stayed, Brown may have been great

Agree. Brown ended up playing well at time for the eagles. But then disappeared. My guess would be that he’d he’d have done everything they asked and worked hard he’d have stayed in the tram. Not sure what happened.

Reactions: Vol8188
Agree. Brown ended up playing well at time for the eagles. But then disappeared. My guess would be that he’d he’d have done everything they asked and worked hard he’d have stayed in the tram. Not sure what happened.

Yeah, there’s a lot of odd revionist history regarding brown. He had a solid freshman year behind a bad oline, and had some very productive games in the nfl. Also run a 4.3 forty

Reactions: BJSforVols
Lol no. Just don't think we're getting this one.
Realist is a synonym for nega-vol, Don't create bad karma.

tenor.gif

I've not chimed in on Evans' recruitment before, but here goes. I just can't see how he is a player CJP wants to recruit. He doesn't fit the MO. So far, Pruitt hasn't recruited anyone with questionable qualities. Banks did this seemingly out of character. Could have already been in his character, but to my knowledge it never showed up. OTOH, Evans is being recruited, I'm just not sure how hard. If I had to make the decision, I'd say pass.

If ZE hasn't qualified / has ACT issues (the info others are spreading and saying why they backed off), then it would be strange that we would be continuing to pursue him so hard... I am sure our staff is fully aware of his academic standing... This leads me to believe he is fine academically and we are just waiting on a decision. Pruitt doesn't seem to be the type to chase a kid and pour resources into a continued recruitment if it didn't look like he had a chance of qualifying/enrolling.

Reactions: FïreBall
I've not chimed in on Evans' recruitment before, but here goes. I just can't see how he is a player CJP wants to recruit. He doesn't fit the MO. So far, Pruitt hasn't recruited anyone with questionable qualities. Banks did this seemingly out of character. Could have already been in his character, but to my knowledge it never showed up. OTOH, Evans is being recruited, I'm just not sure how hard. If I had to make the decision, I'd say pass.
We’ve recruited some kids with question marks as far as character. We just haven’t landed many. Honestly I don’t mind a question mark or two if the talent is there. We should have the leadership in the lockerroom and on the coaching staff to steer some of these young men in the right direction. There’s plenty of kids that have had no structure or mentoring in their life by teachers, parents, etc. I’m not suggesting we take every kid from a bad environment but some we can take on.

This kid just seems to have some maturity issues that can be worked out. Jmo. Lord knows I was a knucklehead before the Army and idk where I would be without that structure at that point in my life.

If ZE hasn't qualified / has ACT issues (the info others are spreading and saying why they backed off), then it would be strange that we would be continuing to pursue him so hard... I am sure our staff is fully aware of his academic standing... This leads me to believe he is fine academically and we are just waiting on a decision. Pruitt doesn't seem to be the type to chase a kid and pour resources into a continued recruitment if it didn't look like he had a chance of qualifying/enrolling.
Mehlen and Florida are also after him. I think some of that academic smoke maybe BS from Georgia.

VN Store

Back