Consensus Top 10...well done CJP

I am notoriously one of the chief detractors of this hire...no secret in that.

That said, the coaching job since the abysmal start, and the rally to close this class out filling so many needs with high quality players is nothing short of astounding. Congrats and celebrations are in order. If he can develop better than the previous regimes, and it seems he can, much brighter days are ahead. I look forward to see what he can do as a HC with the same kind of talent he was used to as a position coach and coordinator.

Hats off to Coach Pruitt for a strong finish, and the statement made in recruiting.

Hat tip to you too.

I also think its important to note two things.
1)We filled positions we needed depth/ overecruited at instead of a hodgepodge of *s regardless of what we needed under the previous staff and
2) When you factor in keeping Trey on the roster and the addition of Cade Mays our composite would be 2 5*s richer.
That my friends is a real win win.

Top 10 recruiting classes are exactly what we need, but unfortunately only have the process. We now have to coach-up those Top 10 recruits and insert them in a system where each can thrive and showcase their God-giving talent as well as coaching talent.
”only have the process”. ?

Reactions: MR_VOL
I also think its important to note two things.
1)We filled positions we needed depth/ overecruited at instead of a hodgepodge of *s regardless of what we needed under the previous staff and
2) When you factor in keeping Trey on the roster and the addition of Cade Mays our composite would be 2 5*s richer.
That my friends is a real win win.
All around a stellar job with personnel. Shoring up the O-line and receivers is huge. The possibility of adding an elite back is astounding.

Looks like a well rounded class for you guys. It appears you really locked up a lot of talent in your state in recruiting as well. We didn't sign as many this second signing period and you jumped us on 247.

I guess the questions from an outsider would be:

How does this stack up against your SEC rivals and their recruiting classes?

What players might have a day 1 impact without being Early Enrolled and getting that extra time?

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
Looks like a well rounded class for you guys. It appears you really locked up a lot of talent in your state in recruiting as well. We didn't sign as many this second signing period and you jumped us on 247.

What players might have a day 1 impact without being Early Enrolled and getting that extra time?
I'm going to say WR or RB.

We lost a couple of really good WRs, those shoes are not going to be easy to fill. If someone can step in early and make some plays there, they could see playing time.

Our running game hasn't been good but there is hope our OL will be pretty good next season. Someone needs to step in and make plays there as well.

Other than that maybe DE or DB. If someone can get after the QB, there's room for playing time there.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan

I think Jalin Hyatt will have a day 1 impact. By my calculations he will be the third fastest player in the country. Even if he doesn't have a huge year statistically. Can't teach 4.31, every time he steps foot on the field the defender MUST have help over the top. His speed creates so many mismatches for his teammates.

10 Fastest Players in College Football in 2019

Reactions: Yazzy and SmokinBob
I'm going to say WR or RB.

We lost a couple of really good WRs, those shoes are not going to be easy to fill. If someone can step in early and make some plays there, they could see playing time.

Our running game hasn't been good but there is hope our OL will be pretty good next season. Someone needs to step in and make plays there as well.

Other than that maybe DE or DB. If someone can get after the QB, there's room for playing time there.
The WR’s performance will depend on the quality of our Qb play. If HB or another Qb besides JG play up to our expectations then the passing game will not be a liability.

All around a stellar job with personnel. Shoring up the O-line and receivers is huge. The possibility of adding an elite back is astounding.
Might be a bit premature but behind that O line I might be an elite RB at 53 years young:p. As I have said before from coaching O linemen I think we are just now getting back to SEC caliber athletes in the trenches but coupled with this staff the future is gonna be bright me thinks.
I would also like to say with few exceptions people that are wrong, mistaken, or just outright lack understanding of the game etc... all to often aren't willing to "man up" to say they were. It takes a person of good moral fiber to say I was mistaken and my hat is off to you @'Boro-vol. I hope for all of us Vols that confidence is well founded going into 2020!

Remember when people early last year were saying that Pruitt isn't getting it done recruiting? Where dey at now?

He's done a brilliant job on the recruiting trail despite our 13-12 record the past two years.
Exactly, See my comment above...

Reactions: dcm3w
Last year 11th and i thought under rated this year 9th, just wait when we start wining 9 or 10 games a year then we will be in the top 5 you got to give JP time he had a mess when he came the worst shape the program had ever been in the history of Tennessee football, coach JP has had to learn how be be a Head Coach on the job training the last 2 years he made some mistakes but i am sure he has learned from at least the highschool recruits are buying into the program i feel better than i have in the last 15 years at where this program is headed the last 15 years it seem like we were always saying wait till next year and next year never came this is the first time in a long time when we play the elite programs we can compete and have a chance at winning not saying we will win every came but we can play with Bama the dawgs and gators and we will have a good chance at Oklahoma, been a long time sense we could say this.
I like the use of the three commas in this post.... very well positioned.

Last edited:
Remember when people early last year were saying that Pruitt isn't getting it done recruiting? Where dey at now?

He's done a brilliant job on the recruiting trail despite our 13-12 record the past two years.

I said it...which was the point of my post. I'm still not a huge fan personally, but he is making all the right moves and deserves a lot of credit. Stellar job since the abysmal start, especially with, ugh....inconsistent QB play.

Reactions: dcm3w and 82_VOL_83
Yeah but really we are close to everyone but bama, lsu, ga. Smart has no qb next year and he has shown he can lose games he shouldn't.
No QB? Hes got the #3 returning QB according to PFF, a rs FR, a true fr, a junior and 3 pwo. And Pruitt has also shown he can lose games he shouldn't (GA state and BYU)

VN Store

Back