'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

Did Washington or Hardy pick a hat on signing day?

Did anyone that had a Tennessee hat on the table on either signing day pick a different hat?

The answers to these questions will get you there.

And yes.. Very happy.
They were both long shots and many posters on here said that Hardy was just trolling... and they were proven right. If the argument is that Tennessee landed every recruit who they still had a realistic chance with at the end of both signing periods, then that seems pretty accurate. The point is, Pruitt is a great closer. ABC, baby.

And they are never wrong ! Lol, AV posted we had a shot, followed up nothing had changed, the majority in the thread thought we did, coaches thought we did , never stopped recruiting him. But like I said pick 7 that signed and only count them, or pick 24 and say we went 24-24 if it makes you happy!
I’m happy with who we signed, just ain’t kidding myself that we landed every top target that we thought we had a legit shot at.
Nobody did.
You’ll be alright...or you won’t. Who’s got the time or the ***** to give? 😴

And they are never wrong ! Lol, AV posted we had a shot, followed up nothing had changed, the majority in the thread thought we did, coaches thought we did , never stopped recruiting him. But like I said pick 7 that signed and only count them, or pick 24 and say we went 24-24 if it makes you happy!
I’m happy with who we signed, just ain’t kidding myself that we landed every top target that we thought we had a legit shot at.
Nobody did.
Like I said, the message board thought we did. Did we land every target? No, but DW is a bad example because by his own words we weren’t even runner up.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Didn't realize he was deciding on ESD or NSD....must be all that canned beer giving me Alzheimer's.

Oh wait....yeah, that didn't happen. Though I do somewhat get the point you are trying to make.
Do we really know when any of them were “deciding”. I think Beckwith May have decided a few days ago and announced today so I’m not sure we can count him, not really sure about the others.

From sanguine this morning...

View attachment 259370
I expect Malachi Wideman to sign with FSU football. Tennessee is a dumpster fire in both basketball and football. Oregon is clear across the country and it’s rare for Florida kids to go that far. Ole Miss has a new head coach that doesn’t have the best reputation and their basketball team is terrible. Wideman has had the longest relationship with wide receiver coach Ron Dugans and FSU basketball coach Leonard Hamilton. I think he stays committed and signs with FSU.
FSU football: Chop Chat’s National Signing Day Predictions 2020

To salty this afternoon...

View attachment 259371
FSU football signed 17 of its 18 commits during the early signing period in December. Four-star wide receiver Malachi Wideman was the lone exception and now we know why. The two-star (sic) athlete stayed ‘committed’ to the Noles while choosing to visit the likes of Washington State, Oregon, Ole Miss and Tennessee.

There was some hope he might stick with the Noles as he and his family kept things close to the vest. Ultimately he chose to sign with Tennessee where both football and basketball programs are fairly terrible. The reasoning doesn’t make much sense other than maybe he figured he would get more playing time at Tennessee in terms of basketball? He was only rated a three-star basketball recruit and was mostly known for his incredible in-game dunks. Whether or not he could be a impact player at somewhere like FSU remained to be seen.

...However, if you’re going to lose a player, wide receiver is a position most young players are not going to be impact players at for a while it at all. The bust rate is extremely high, and the fact Wideman was going attempt to play two sports in college means the probability of him not becoming an impact player is even higher.
FSU football: Reaction to Malachi Wideman flipping to Tennessee

Hahahahahaha aaaaahhahah

From sanguine this morning...

View attachment 259370
I expect Malachi Wideman to sign with FSU football. Tennessee is a dumpster fire in both basketball and football. Oregon is clear across the country and it’s rare for Florida kids to go that far. Ole Miss has a new head coach that doesn’t have the best reputation and their basketball team is terrible. Wideman has had the longest relationship with wide receiver coach Ron Dugans and FSU basketball coach Leonard Hamilton. I think he stays committed and signs with FSU.
FSU football: Chop Chat’s National Signing Day Predictions 2020

To salty this afternoon...

View attachment 259371
FSU football signed 17 of its 18 commits during the early signing period in December. Four-star wide receiver Malachi Wideman was the lone exception and now we know why. The two-star (sic) athlete stayed ‘committed’ to the Noles while choosing to visit the likes of Washington State, Oregon, Ole Miss and Tennessee.

There was some hope he might stick with the Noles as he and his family kept things close to the vest. Ultimately he chose to sign with Tennessee where both football and basketball programs are fairly terrible. The reasoning doesn’t make much sense other than maybe he figured he would get more playing time at Tennessee in terms of basketball? He was only rated a three-star basketball recruit and was mostly known for his incredible in-game dunks. Whether or not he could be a impact player at somewhere like FSU remained to be seen.

...However, if you’re going to lose a player, wide receiver is a position most young players are not going to be impact players at for a while it at all. The bust rate is extremely high, and the fact Wideman was going attempt to play two sports in college means the probability of him not becoming an impact player is even higher.
FSU football: Reaction to Malachi Wideman flipping to Tennessee

This is the best thing I’ve read all day.

I had a long rebuttal, but really...not necessary. This reminds me of the gibberish Miami fans spew.

Do we really know when any of them were “deciding”. I think Beckwith May have decided a few days ago and announced today so I’m not sure we can count him, not really sure about the others.

Did Washington or Hardy have a ceremony on ESD?

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Typical of someone who doesn't have enough confidence in their own opinion to speak it and move on.... 🙄
Why I haven’t moved own. Never lacking confidence. Having 3-4 different reasons why some aren’t counted, at least one I completely agree with , I’m not sure what I’m debating now , and seeing there’s no way to accurately debate an ever changing narrative I withdraw from the discussion.

Why I haven’t moved own. Never lacking confidence. Having 3-4 different reasons why some aren’t counted, at least one I completely agree with , I’m not sure what I’m debating now , and seeing there’s no way to accurately debate an ever changing narrative I withdraw from the discussion.
Last word

Everyone else tried, I'll give it a go.

Washington - going to do so in silence. Even if you thought we had a chance, we weren't watching for him on ESD.

Hardy.- was already committed (really committed) AND wasn't supposed to sign on ESD.

We were monitoring 5 on ESD and 2 on NSD. We.got.them.all.
Every. Single. One. 7 for 7

VN Store

Back