Love Gaines’ hustle

walkenvol

DG didn’t stuff the stat sheet tonight, but his hustle led to a lot of good things for the Vols. Thought he got 2 weak fouls called against him when he was hustling on D. Hope he continues to get solid minutes as he may develop into a really good player if given the opportunity.

DG didn’t stuff the stat sheet tonight, but his hustle led to a lot of good things for the Vols. Thought he got 2 weak fouls called against him when he was hustling on D. Hope he continues to get solid minutes as he may develop into a really good player if given the opportunity.
He'd get the game ball from me tonight, I thought his energy was the difference in the game! He can still hula hoop with a cheerio!!

When he picked up his 4th foul I was thinking that I was glad it's him if somebody was going to foul out. He stepped up big time down the closing stretch.

Reactions: RollerVol
Really nice game for the youngster. Kind of a shame the Big Ticket is such a cool nickname, cause he’d be a great Mini Cooper. Looks just like a smaller Michael Cooper with his high socks and knee pads. Imo

Would love to see his +/- tonight, felt like he was a huge difference...pretty clear we struggled late when it was Johnson in the game for him.

I have always had an affinity for Gaines. I have said it before, but I believe that he could have the highest ceiling of any freshman on the team not named Josiah. Unfortunately, he could have really benefitted from a RS year.

Reactions: Evergrenevol
I have always had an affinity for Gaines. I have said it before, but I believe that he could have the highest ceiling of any freshman on the team not named Josiah. Unfortunately, he could have really benefitted from a RS year.

He'd be a strong candidate to take a redshirt next year. Pember too. Probably can't do that to 2 players in one year though.

Reactions: RollerVol
I think he’s a huge asset on the court and have always thought he deserved more playing time. Not just in effort and intensity but it pays off as he’s one of our best rebounders and is a pest on ball

What do you see in Johnson’s play that’s better than Gaines? It can’t be hustle or scrappiness

VN Store

Back