'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

-Detraveon Brown

Ole Miss is convinced it’s Wideman. I would caution jumping to that conclusion, OM is right in the thick of it possibly flipping Leonard Manuel or Marc Britt as well. If both of those happen, and Beckwith picks UT, will be a rough day in Gainesville...
So if you and AV are right it will be a great day for us and a horrible day for FL. I like that a lot. Any other SEC teams you think will not do well Wednesday?

You never know with these kids....but we have put ourselves in a position where we clearly make the most sense as a player who is serious about winning.
That’s great work but that still doesn’t suggest that Wideman is coming to us if you know what I mean lol

Any fear that Lane is telling him to feed good news to UT to stick a knife in on NSD?

If this kid has half the integrity I think he does, and we are in the thick of it, I can't see him disrespecting our staff ... In before Hardy and a few others... this kid doesn't seem like the type... and if he is considering Ole Miss and Joey asks him to do this, then he'll know what kind of coach he will be playing for and hopefully it backfires...

Reactions: Type Orange+
Per the coaches, he’s set at WR. He practiced so much better there than he did at S. He will be in the first rotation

Link to coaches saying that ? He is physically able and talented enough to play either, but last report from coaches that I heard was that they loved his range at FS. Also the latest D depth chart I saw had him running 2nd at FS behind Flowers.

Link to coaches saying that ? He is physically able and talented enough to play either, but last report from coaches that I heard was that they loved his range at FS. Also the latest D depth chart I saw had him running 2nd at FS behind Flowers.

No links, but multiple quotes from coaches and practice observers (including 247 guys), plus comments made at QB Club. He practiced all fall with the WR group, and was a scout team star. He’s not practiced with the D since the end of spring.

Could they move him back? Sure they could, but based on comments it seems he sticks at WR.

That’s great work but that still doesn’t suggest that Wideman is coming to us if you know what I mean lol

Nothing is certain in recruiting. I hope he chooses to be a Vol. If he goes Ole Miss, apparently, he likes what Kiffin has to offer more. So be it. We’ll sign our fair share.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
The kid is a receiver and the coaches are very much counting on him to pick up a lot of the slack from losing Jennings and Callaway. They are excited about him because he was an all-star against the defense on scout team this past season. Like BigorangeBoy said, he hasn't even practiced on defense since last Spring.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

VN Store

Back