Contracts set to expire for Tracy Rocker, Chris Weinke

If indeed its true that Tracy Rocker is transitioning to off field role, or retiring.... one guy I stumbled upon that is an up and coming young star coach... Vic So'oto - DL coach for Virginia... played under Mendenhalls 3-4 defense when he was DC at BYU and played in NFL for few years. Very energetic young passionate guy. Could be good in recruiting.

I thought that Weinke was supposed to recruit us a bunch of studs from the IMG Academy.

I haven't seen that work out too well unfortunately.

We need good coaches but we also seriously need more top recruiters if we're ever going to catch up with the big dogs.

Recruiting IS the life blood of college football success and we must start Winning more of those wars.

Sign them up Pruitt, aight!

VFL...GBO!!!
Butch didn’t even want to hire Weinke. It takes a snake oil salesman to know one.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I thought that Weinke was supposed to recruit us a bunch of studs from the IMG Academy.

I haven't seen that work out too well unfortunately.

We need good coaches but we also seriously need more top recruiters if we're ever going to catch up with the big dogs.

Recruiting IS the life blood of college football success and we must start Winning more of those wars.

Sign them up Pruitt, aight!

VFL...GBO!!!
It's extremely hard to recruit if you're not winning. Considering what they have been able to do so far is pretty good.

Reactions: NATHAN05 and knox73
If indeed its true that Tracy Rocker is transitioning to off field role, or retiring.... one guy I stumbled upon that is an up and coming young star coach... Vic So'oto - DL coach for Virginia... played under Mendenhalls 3-4 defense when he was DC at BYU and played in NFL for few years. Very energetic young passionate guy. Could be good in recruiting.
1580666752248.gif

Rocker has always been a journeyman and supposedly doesn't care for recruiting. Someone had an article the other day speculating he and JP would part ways.

I'm not sure how to evaluate Weinke. I don't think we had an SEC level QB on the roster last year.
How did we finish 6th in the league in passing without an SEC QB?

VN Store

Back