Contracts set to expire for Tracy Rocker, Chris Weinke

JG won us some games this past year, nobody can argue that point, but it doesn't make him a good starting QB it just means he's the best and the more experienced than the others we have. I thought Weinke did a fine job with what we had to offer, 2 freshmen QBs and a JR that continues to make freshman mistakes. HB has a real chance at starting but he's a freshman so there will be mistakes and we'll just have to see how he handles the speed of the game. JG looked good in highschool but he just can't get it all together on the field in college. I like JG and he is a super good dude but if I had to pick a player that I'm most disappointed in over the last few seasons it would definitely be him

Where does the "Rucker can't recruit" narrative come from? For the 2020 cycle, the 247Sports recruiter rankings rate him higher than most of the coaches on Tennessee's staff including Friend, Jay Graham, Weinke , Rumph , Chaney and Niedermeyer. Here's the list.

2020 SEC Football Recruiter Rankings
Bill Norton
Zion Logue
Jay Hardy
Joseph Anderson
Payton Page

All instate DL that were not recruited hard by Rocker and went elsewhere. DL coaches are dime a dozen. Rocker either needs to hit the bricks or take a lesser role and get another guy in here that can recruit.

Reactions: majinVol
Right , fill the D- line coach with someone who can recruit / coach’em up and let’s roll . I would think having your OC be your QB coach would be a plus . I think JC is more than capable.
Chaney did great with Fromm. He is more than capable of working with the Qb

VN Store

Back