Contracts set to expire for Tracy Rocker, Chris Weinke

Position coaches are interchangeable pieces. They are expected to move around.

I'd love to keep both of them, but I've suspected for a long while that Weinke will get opportunities in the NFL.

Sounds like Rocker may just want to retire or semi-retire. The job he did with the D-line this season should be commended as one of the best jobs by a position coach in the country. That DL was supposed to be a weakness and turned into a strength by the end of the year. Wish he'd stick around for a few years now that we'll finally have some talent and depth there.

I'd love to keep both of them, but I've suspected for a long while that Weinke will get opportunities in the NFL.

Sounds like Rocker may just want to retire or semi-retire. The job he did with the D-line this season should be commended as one of the best jobs by a position coach in the country. That DL was supposed to be a weakness and turned into a strength by the end of the year. Wish he'd stick around for a few years now that we'll finally have some talent and depth there.

Agreed. But if Weinke doesn't come back I'm calling Dan Enos first.

I agree, but I think this year (and last year as well) is mostly on JG. He is an enigma in his own right. I think he has such a tendency to over-analyze plays as they're happening and with pre-snap reads that it sends him into panic mode once the play starts, which leads him into those situations where he either forces a throw and it's atrocious or he holds on to it too long and gets annihilated. We're super lucky that he doesn't have more lost fumbles and INTs. I don't think that's necessarily on CCW, because one has to assume he's coached JG to correct those things, yet they still aren't improving that much. I'd like to see us hang on to him a year or two into HB's tenure at QB and see what happens there with his development.

100% this

I can’t wrap my head around that honestly. He’s done wonders with QB nearly everywhere he’s been but this year was at best a head scratcher
You just made that up. Where has he done wonders with QBs? He coached QBs in St. Louis and bomber. Coached QBs here and bombed. 0 development in the QB room.

Per War Room, Weinke has a new contract waiting to be signed. If he doesn’t bite...and leaves? My first choice would be Tino Sunseri. He was an analyst last season and related well to recruits.

I hope he stays

JG won us some games this past year, nobody can argue that point, but it doesn't make him a good starting QB it just means he's the best and the more experienced than the others we have. I thought Weinke did a fine job with what we had to offer, 2 freshmen QBs and a JR that continues to make freshman mistakes. HB has a real chance at starting but he's a freshman so there will be mistakes and we'll just have to see how he handles the speed of the game. JG looked good in highschool but he just can't get it all together on the field in college. I like JG and he is a super good dude but if I had to pick a player that I'm most disappointed in over the last few seasons it would definitely be him

Jg has never put up good stats as far as leading his team to td, even in high school, look up his stats and compare to bailey and maurer.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Rocker has always been a journeyman and supposedly doesn't care for recruiting. Someone had an article the other day speculating he and JP would part ways.

I'm not sure how to evaluate Weinke. I don't think we had an SEC level QB on the roster last year.

I thought that Weinke was supposed to recruit us a bunch of studs from the IMG Academy.

I haven't seen that work out too well unfortunately.

We need good coaches but we also seriously need more top recruiters if we're ever going to catch up with the big dogs.

Recruiting IS the life blood of college football success and we must start Winning more of those wars.

Sign them up Pruitt, aight!

VFL...GBO!!!

VN Store

Back