Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The annual increase in tuition is the problem. I know states are clamping down on their budgets, and that can effect public schools. But, the tuition increases are out of control. I know we have some educators on here, and it's not a knock on you guys. But, I would love to see what schools are spending money on.

It’s a combo of reduced state support and ballooning administrative cost. Too many associate VPs of <insert buzzwords> drawing six figure salaries that aren’t central to the primary mission of the university.

I can rant more, but I have to go spend some time not teaching and not doing research to fill out another form for someone making twice as much as I do so that have something to talk about in meeting about when to schedule the next meeting.

It’s a combo of reduced state support and ballooning administrative cost. Too many associate VPs of <insert buzzwords> drawing six figure salaries that aren’t central to the primary mission of the university.

I can rant more, but I have to go spend some time not teaching and not doing research to fill out another form for someone making twice as much as I do so that have something to talk about in meeting about when to schedule the next meeting.
Damn good point on bloated admin costs. Too many people and not enough jobs so they come up with BS bureaucracy positions

Reactions: RiotVol
Schools don’t actually get to utilize it. The system is broken. Those at the top distribute it where it doesn’t need to go and sit on the rest. They could legitimately bump the teacher’s salaries, which needs to happen like ASAP. They also could do improvement work with the school itself and/or improve their curriculum & class structure, but that ain’t happening either.

I can't say that I know all of the details. I was fortunate with my education not to have debt. That sounds even worse than I thought.

But the annual tuition increases are ridiculous.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I can't say that I know all of the details. I was fortunate with my education not to have debt. That sounds even worse than I thought.

But the annual tuition increases are ridiculous.
And she goes to a private university so it’s even more insane. She’ll end up with $165,000 in loan debt when it’s all said and done.

Yep, that's what I had figured. Administrative costs are out of control. Buildings and teachers are what schools should be paying for, and a couple of good fundraisers to mostly pay for the buildings.

Yep, that's what I had figured. Administrative costs are out of control. Buildings are teachers are what schools should be paying for, and a couple of good fundraisers to mostly pay for the buildings.

Most buildings are paid by wealthy donors who love having their name on them. Not unlike stadium upgrades...

The annual increase in tuition is the problem. I know states are clamping down on their budgets, and that can effect public schools. But, the tuition increases are out of control. I know we have some educators on here, and it's not a knock on you guys. But, I would love to see what schools are spending money on.

This is the problem right here.

I didnt go to UT because I'd be in massive debt for being out of state. i got the same degree and got paid to get it at UNF. It wasnt a tricky decision to make. I would have loved to attend UT and my acceptance letter is still in my filing cabinet but why shoot yourself in the foot for no reason?

Pay your own debt fellow millennials and stop being irresponsible. You're grown. act like it

Last edited:
That’s what the CEO elite want you to do
Wut
Why would you pissed that others have a great opportunity? I hope like hell my kid’s debt is paid off. Crazy to Have to rack up 100k debt to educate yourself. very rich, crooked people are who profit on student debt
Educated and intelligent are 2 different things...

Why would you pissed that others have a great opportunity? I hope like hell my kid’s debt is paid off. Crazy to Have to rack up 100k debt to educate yourself. very rich, crooked people are who profit on student debt

I had to pay for a product, my degree. I got some grants, etc but had to pay just the same. If you are really smart or can ball and get a scholarship, more power to you. Do I think the government should use tax dollars to pay off every other regular joe that is now in college loan debt? No, I do not. Unless they want to swing by and pay off my mortgage and my car loans. I mean, hey why not? Bail me out too, right?

That's BS though, you can't just cancel a trillion dollars in debt just to buy votes and trust me that money will eventually come out of taxpayers pockets one way or another, here's the thing: your kid chose to go into debt, he or she felt that an education was worth it and like it or not there is a risk at being wrong or not making the right choices and on top of all that, another reason there is a lot of student debt is because kids abuse the system and take way bigger loans than they need so that way they have some spending money and don't have to get a part-time job, I've seen tons of my idiot friends do it and they're suffering because of those choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back