247: Vols' projected depth chart next season

Every time you post about JG is clear you don’t know what to say. As in, you have no idea what you’re talking about
Funny thing is the fact that he himself doesn’t “see” anything but what a stat sheet says.

JG was better. The coaches agreed, that players on the team agreed, the stats support it. By any measure he was the best qb on the team last year. Doesn't mean he was great, just better than the other options. @1vol8 @KBVol
Funny because I heard the commentators say the exact opposite when Maurer went in during the Indiana game. The quote was something along the lines of “The coaches believe he’s (BM) the most talented of all the qbs but.....” Does that make it true because THEY brought it up? No...... it’s simply hearsay. Much like the hearsay you constantly bring up. Remember a commentators job is to keep talking and that’s where you got that from. I’ve told you before that no one has ever HEARD the players, coaches or otherwise anyone of importance ever say anything of the sort in terms of preference. Why? It’s unprofessional. When you want the truth you have to look at body language and this is what “body language” told me. The coaches thought JG gave us the best chance to win vs GAST, BYU and UT Chatt. They thought BM gave us the best chance against UGA, MSU, Bama and UK. The fact that BODY LANGUAGE says the coaches trusted BM more during the toughest stretch of our schedule says you are full of s***. Take that L and move on with your biased OPINIONS.

Funny because I heard the commentators say the exact opposite when Maurer went in during the Indiana game. The quote was something along the lines of “The coaches believe he’s (BM) the most talented of all the qbs but.....” Does that make it true because THEY brought it up? No...... it’s simply hearsay. Much like the hearsay you constantly bring up. Remember a commentators job is to keep talking and that’s where you got that from. I’ve told you before that no one has ever HEARD the players, coaches or otherwise anyone of importance ever say anything of the sort in terms of preference. Why? It’s unprofessional. When you want the truth you have to look at body language and this is what “body language” told me. The coaches thought JG gave us the best chance to win vs GAST, BYU and UT Chatt. They thought BM gave us the best chance against UGA, MSU, Bama and UK. The fact that BODY LANGUAGE says the coaches trusted BM more during the toughest stretch of our schedule says you are full of s***. Take that L and move on with your biased OPINIONS.
They didn't say the coaches think BM is more talented. Stop with the made up body language bs. The coaches said JG was the best and played him accordingly. No need to lie. Well maybe there is. Stats, performance, and the coaches/team don't support your nonsense .

JG was better. The coaches agreed,
Coaches agreed by game 5 that a true Fr was better. Only his injury made JG "better".... live with it.

that players on the team agreed,
Jennings agreed. No one else that I know of spoke. Jennings ONLY agreed publicly AFTER Maurer's injury.

the stats support it.
Only when filtered through your cult bias. Comparing same game stats which is the only truly legitimate way of doing it... leaves you with Mauer.... a true Fr... who wasn't ready to play.

By any measure he was the best qb on the team last year.
Best in terms of experience and health.

Doesn't mean he was great, just better than the other options. @1vol8 @KBVol
He was not "good" consistently enough because he has innate weaknesses that continue to hurt him and the team.

The IDIOCY you keep pushing though is that he can't be caught and passed by guys who develop and lack his weaknesses.

Reactions: 1vol8
They didn't say the coaches think BM is more talented. Stop with the made up body language bs. The coaches said JG was the best and played him accordingly. No need to lie. Well maybe there is. Stats, performance, and the coaches/team don't support your nonsense .
This is an example of your fundamental dishonesty. You are LYING about what happened last season.

If I’m an opposing D coordinator I love this lineup for UTs offense. No Jennings or Calloway to make big plays - load the box. No way JG and a bunch of pedestrian receivers cause me any worry

Reactions: whodeycin85
Listen to them around 1:30:00. They claim the coaches think BM is just as good throwing the ball however you’re fooling yourself if you think the coaches haven’t seen for themselves that BM is more accurate in terms of leading his receivers. We all know he’s the better runner as well the coaches. Read between the lines and it’s spelled out for you.

Btw I thought I’d leave this here for you since you trust the services so much.

other 3* qbs include Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan among others. The 2*s include Khalil Mack and Aquib Talib (spelling?) among others but these 10 are just who’s playing in the Super Bowl. You should disappear again because that’s what you do when you lose rather than be a man and admit you’re wrong.

Reactions: LittleVol and sjt18
Listen to them around 1:30:00. They claim the coaches think BM is just as good throwing the ball however you’re fooling yourself if you think the coaches haven’t seen for themselves that BM is more accurate in terms of leading his receivers. We all know he’s the better runner as well the coaches. Read between the lines and it’s spelled out for you.

@k-town_king Knowing how you are... listen starting at the 1:31:45 to their SPECIFIC quote of Pruitt that they believe in Maurer as a thrower just as much as JG.

I know... I know... this just doesn't compute for you. Everything must agree with your cult thinking.

And this isn't to say that Maurer is or ever will be UT's answer. Maybe he won't. The problem is that after 3 years... JG isn't the answer. He hurts the team. Whereas Maurer as a rising Sophomore is still on the steep part of his exponential learning curve, JG is at the top of his curve and flattened out. A guy who has played as much as he's played and been coached as much as he's been coached isn't going to make a big leap in skill. Young guys like Maurer and Shrout CAN make a big leap. Maurer was already competitive with JG sans injury. If he improves... he passes JG.

Reactions: LittleVol

They talked about BM not being ready and us needing to simply things for him. They also talked about him having to pass being a good turnover opportunity for the defense. They also were surprised he came in. Not one word about him being as good a passer. Not around that timestamp anyway.

Leading and accuracy are different things. BM is bad at both compared to JG.

other 3* qbs include Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan among others. The 2*s include Khalil Mack and Aquib Talib (spelling?) among others but these 10 are just who’s playing in the Super Bowl. You should disappear again because that’s what you do when you lose rather than be a man and admit you’re wrong.

Check the percentages buddy.

You clearly don’t understand the meaning of stars in the recruiting system. 5* recruits are rated that way because they are the most college ready from a physical standpoint coming out of high school. 2 and 3* recruits take more time to develop so they are rated lower. That’s why 5* players are more coveted because they can contribute sooner. But, by the time these players get to be seniors, there’s not a lot of difference between 3* and 5* players, the 3*s just needed more time to get where the 5*s are. So the NFL pic is pretty meaningless

I have. They have a 30% hit rate. Our own qb room shows that percentage perfectly. Kind of makes me wonder if you’d hire a lawyer to get you out of trouble that’s lost 70% of his cases.🤔

You clearly don’t understand the meaning of stars in the recruiting system. 5* recruits are rated that way because they are the most college ready from a physical standpoint coming out of high school. 2 and 3* recruits take more time to develop so they are rated lower. That’s why 5* players are more coveted because they can contribute sooner. But, by the time these players get to be seniors, there’s not a lot of difference between 3* and 5* players, the 3*s just needed more time to get where the 5*s are. So the NFL pic is pretty meaningless
I’ve explained this before and have no interest in creating another rival on this board but that is a common misconception. The star rating is actually a pro potential “prediction”. It has to do with skill set coming out of Hs. Not physical size. If that were the case Russel Wilson (another 3*) would’ve never seen a single star. He’s literally gained 14 pounds since Hs. However I’m sure you’re right to a degree as well. I’m sure they take into consideration the likelihood of college impact as well but overall it’s a gauge of the likelihood of said player going pro.

In fact to further prove what I’m saying Russel Wilson was 5’11 201lbs coming out of Hs. Pat Mahommes was 6’3 180lbs coming out of Hs. Russell Wilson was higher rated (not by much) than a 6’3 Pat Mahommes.

They talked about BM not being ready and us needing to simply things for him. They also talked about him having to pass being a good turnover opportunity for the defense. They also were surprised he came in. Not one word about him being as good a passer. Not around that timestamp anyway.
I gave you the time or are you lying again?

Leading and accuracy are different things. BM is bad at both compared to JG.
You are a joke compared to a stand up routine. Maurer is much, much better at leading receivers and anticipating throws than JG. JG is literally terrible at it.

About the same number of 3* or below will be drafted each year as 4/5*. There are a lot more of them of course... but it also demonstrates that the recruiting sites miss as many as they find. A lot of the ones they find... at least half if I remember correctly... will not go on to play in the NFL.

You are a fundamentally dishonest person.
They talked about BM not being ready
No. They did not use those words. They talked about his inexperience. They also said LITERALLY that his injury opened the door for JG to return... as in he had beaten JG out.

and us needing to simply things for him.
Yeah.... right before they gave Maurer a drop back opportunity.
They also talked about him having to pass being a good turnover opportunity for the defense.
This is just a lie. A bald faced lie. They said that IU could be in position to force ANOTHER turnover. The context was JG throwing 2 INT's previously.

They also were surprised he came in.
Yep. JG sucked so they gave Maurer a shot.

Not one word about him being as good a passer. Not around that timestamp anyway.
Just after he rolled out and threw a strike on the run... they quoted Pruitt's words. He said they had just as much trust in Maurer's arm as JG's.

Roman Harrison
Keyshawn Lawrence
Morven Joseph
Quavarius Crouch
Are the key to our defense next year.

Those 4 have to play a lot in my opinion.

@1vol8 and @k-town_king

Go to the 1:45:42 mark where the announcer cannot understand why JG was put back in and says that the Vols were "playing with fire" last time out with Maurer.

You are a fundamentally dishonest person. No. They did not use those words. They talked about his inexperience. They also said LITERALLY that his injury opened the door for JG to return... as in he had beaten JG out.

Yeah.... right before they gave Maurer a drop back opportunity. This is just a lie. A bald faced lie. They said that IU could be in position to force ANOTHER turnover. The context was JG throwing 2 INT's previously.

Yep. JG sucked so they gave Maurer a shot.

Just after he rolled out and threw a strike on the run... they quoted Pruitt's words. He said they had just as much trust in Maurer's arm as JG's.
Forgot to mention they also thought it was a mistake to pull Maurer in favor of JG as well. @k-town_king

VN Store

Back