Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Board question: who is your favorite VFL that you wouldn’t consider an absolute superstar. No Peyton’s, Reggie’s, Eric Berry’s, that Ilk.

Mine is Deon Grant.....and it ain’t close
I've got a soft spot for Little Man. I was stationed in Jacksonville, Fl when he and Fred Taylor were on the Jags. The man could not put his foot on the field without getting boo'd by his own teams fans. Fred comes out the stands erupted. James comes out, the stands erupted with boo's. Totally classless fans holding college choices against a member of their own professional football team.

The injury isn’t why Danny O didn’t play again the rest of the year. Pretty sure he had another positive drug test while he was at the hospital for the injury, and it was his final strike.
Ohhh you're right. I totally blacked that half of the season out of my mind. Outside of that magnificent Dobbs performance vs Mizzou and Berry returning a kick vs UK, it was a rough stretch.

This is factual, but really doesn't tell the entire story. The technology, emissions, and safety equipment of a 1970 vehicle is dramatically less. Additionally, the legal and governmental oversight climate has dramatically increased the liability of auto companies. It's somewhat apples and oranges.

Every person responding is discussing cause. That's fine but it doesn't change the result one single bit.

Money is power. Those that have money wants others to think that money is bad. With that said, there is enough money being made on collegiate sports to pay every athlete a standard wage. They're adults, so tax it.

Poor men want to be rich, rich men want to be kings, and kings aren't satisfied until they own everything....

This is factual, but really doesn't tell the entire story. The technology, emissions, and safety equipment of a 1970 vehicle is dramatically less. Additionally, the legal and governmental oversight climate has dramatically increased the liability of auto companies. It's somewhat apples and oranges.
It is still stupid.

Board question: who is your favorite VFL that you wouldn’t consider an absolute superstar. No Peyton’s, Reggie’s, Eric Berry’s, that Ilk.

Travis Stephens. ‘01 in the Swamp. One of my first memories as a Vol fan. Can still remember running around the house and high fiving my dad and older brother. Such a high time!

I've got a soft spot for Little Man. I was stationed in Jacksonville, Fl when he and Fred Taylor were on the Jags. The man could not put his foot on the field without getting boo'd by his own teams fans. Fred comes out the stands erupted. James comes out, the stands erupted with boo's. Totally classless fans holding college choices against a member of their own professional football team.
You know you'd boo Tabor if he was on the Titans. 🤣

Arian...sat through many (ok he didn't attend that many...) Philosophy classes with him. Interesting dude. His idea of opening a "philosophy store" if football didn't work out always had me somewhere between intrigued and laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back