'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

Too dangerous a game to be playing. I do not buy that for a second. I think he pulled his LOI then after a moment of reflection realized he was an idiot and is now trying to get back in the door.
The only thing that makes the slightest modicum of sense based on the way things have played out is what has been said in a couple of places, i.e., that it was the academic administration at UGA that got cold feet, not Kirby, after the title game incident (which occurred the weekend following the ESD) and wouldn't let him early enroll as he had planned and thus he wanted out of LOI. It also explains how they've been able to weasel their way back into the mix if the prior fallout wasn't really between Evans and the coaching staff.

The only thing that makes the slightest modicum of sense based on the way things have played out is what has been said in a couple of places, i.e., that it was the academic administration at UGA that got cold feet, not Kirby, after the title game incident (which occurred the weekend following the ESD) and wouldn't let him early enroll as he had planned and thus he wanted out of LOI. It also explains how they've been able to weasel their way back into the mix if the prior fallout wasn't really between Evans and the coaching staff.
Doesn’t really matter from our perspective whether the coaching staff or uni administrators wanted him out, we need to push the narrative that they didn’t want him then, and he should consider that fact. All we can do is shoot our shot.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Not sure I'm buying the fact that GA admin pushed for his release. If they did then how could that be held against a recruit? Surely if the recruit did not request the release it wouldn't count. If a school accepts a commitment from a recruit and the recruit signs a LOI, then the school runs out of room, are you saying the recruit has to wait a year to play? I wouldn't think so. If the school accepts a commitment and the recruit signs a LOI, wouldn't the school have to accept that recruit?
Let's say the recruit did request the release. Why would GA just accept the release so easily? Unless the recruit threatened to reveal something about GA's recruiting tactics.
Simply because it looks bad for a coach/ school to hold a player that don't want to there

thanks, sorry for double posting. Should have had another cup of coffee before reading back. Must have glazed right over it.
Hahah nah it’s all good I was just saying... I just hope we actually get him... we need a game changer and this kid can be it! Getting him will also help get us some highly rated guys next year

Not sure I'm buying the fact that GA admin pushed for his release. If they did then how could that be held against a recruit? Surely if the recruit did not request the release it wouldn't count. If a school accepts a commitment from a recruit and the recruit signs a LOI, then the school runs out of room, are you saying the recruit has to wait a year to play? I wouldn't think so. If the school accepts a commitment and the recruit signs a LOI, wouldn't the school have to accept that recruit?
Let's say the recruit did request the release. Why would GA just accept the release so easily? Unless the recruit threatened to reveal something about GA's recruiting tactics.

Not sure about the National-Letter.org folks that have been referenced on here before but this quote indicates the school does not maintain control if the NLI signer officially initiates a release..... TRUE?????

Submission of NLI Release Request:

Once an NLI signee submits an NLI release request through the online process, the NLI Recruiting Ban will be lifted, allowing a signee to communicate with other coaches and prohibiting an institution from blocking communication.

Did Evans follow procedures? This would allow contact with him, but I cannot find a well documented explanation of player or school rights after this is initiated. I can not find a non fuzzy explanations of original and other schools rights and limitations.

Last edited:
The
It’s not a FAQ...it’s the actual language. Been confirmed by VQ and 247. If you’re determined to believe otherwise, knock yourself out.
View attachment 256334
The previous link was a FAQ, so don't go there. This is the actual language as the other poster included the full link and I read that full document.

They actually put null and void language in there. That makes my head hurt still because if something doesn't exist how can you put another clause against it? I wonder with all the legal challenging going on now against the NCAA if someone would challenge this??!!

VN Store

Back