Discontinued fast food items rant

Buffets are still delicious:cool:
There's a golden corral in Buford Georgia that's pretty good in the evening, and weekend. We ate there last week, and the prime rib was seriously good. Tge best I've had was a place called bevricks in metter georgia. We found it coming back from tybee island just looking for something to eat on the ride home. They had menu items lije sreak and seafood, but offered a "country style buffet". Literally tasted like home cooked food, everything did. I want to go back so bad.

Haven't done Shoney's breakfast bar since the guy in front of us, who already had his plate triple stacked, was double dipping biscuits in the gravy in line and leaning over the bar to eat it. We left. That was our last visit.

I've eaten a decent share of Subway, but it was never a hit with me to begin with. My favorite childhood sub shop was Blimpie. The best I've had lately is either Penn Station or Which Wich.
Love both Penn station and which Wich!

What are some of your favorite menu items that have been discontinued?
Taco Bell needs to bring back the spicy chicken burrito, the Baja style chalupas and gorditas, and the chili cheese burrito!
Miss the twister wrap from KFC.
Applebees sucks now too since they changed their whole menu. I miss their old chicken quesadillas, chicken Alfredo, and they used to have this amazing southwest chicken salad.
Outback steakhouse changed their shrimp on the barbee, and no longer have the delicious creamy onion soup or spicy Alfredo pasta that had shrimp and crawfish in it.
Pisses me off. Why do restaurants ruin a good thing? 😭

You had me at spicy chicken and Baja. Probably a good thing it’s not there anymore.

I haven’t read the thread yet so I don’t know if anyone has mentioned Wendy’s Superbar . It was the jam when I was around 8 years old .

You had me at spicy chicken and Baja. Probably a good thing it’s not there anymore.

I haven’t read the thread yet so I don’t know if anyone has mentioned Wendy’s Superbar . It was the jam when I was around 8 years old .
Funny story about the Wendy's superbar. I went there years ago with some college buddies and one of my friends was getting some bread (which was highly sought after). The lady behind him said in a smart a** tone "are you going to leave any for the rest of us?" He proceeded to take all the bread, at least 20 pieces, then sat at the table across from her. He then licked every piece while staring her down and threw it all away without even taking a bite! In retrospect a very immature a-hole thing to do, but we thought it was hilarious at the time.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
At LC schools the rectangle pizza was sausage and had white cheese. Then there was a "stop sign" shaped pizza that had yellow cheese and maybe pepperoni.
The stop sign pizza was mexican style I believe. It had ground beef, yellow cheese, and a chili flavored type sauce. It was so good. They served it sometimes at a middle school I went to in South Carolina.

Quarterpounder with cheese that taste like it did when I 10 years old.
I know what you mean. Husband and I stopped by a McDonald's when we were in Ireland. I got a quarterpounder, and I swear I knew something was different about it (in a good way) so that must be it. Their fries tasted like they fried them in the good stuff like old times too.

Reactions: Zues1
I know what you mean. Husband and I stopped by a McDonald's when we were in Ireland. I got a quarterpounder, and I swear I knew something was different about it (in a good way) so that must be it. Their fries tasted like they fried them in the good stuff like old times too.

Some of the best fried chicken I've ever had is from McDonald's in the Philippines. Don't eat the "beef" tho.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife

VN Store

Back