Game Thread: #23/23 Lady Vols versus #3/5 UCONN

Gino take a timeout with a huge lead. I'll tell you why. He just turned his dogs loose and told them score score score

Reactions: flint
This hasn't been a particularly good coaching job in the second half, but I'm giving CKH the benefit of the doubt. A roster this slow limits what you can do when an athletic team starts playing pressure defense

Played so well in the first two quarters. This is a good team and players. Just need to put all four quarters together.
This is a team with at least four McDonald’s all Americans that is barely above the bubble as of now. This is not vintage UConn. They have the talent to compete. They’ve just chosen not to. This is why attendance at home games has plummeted to the point where they’ve had to put the black curtains from the Buzz Peterson era over the upper deck at TBA.

Reactions: Dube and TN1111
we are young. I like this team much better than the ones in the last few years.
I don't. This LV team is agonizing to watch. They can't shoot....miss easy layups....air balls. Ended up losing in a blowout when having halftime lead. Excruciating.

Until we decide an actual half court offense is necessary we will continue to come up short

Didn’t get to watch live and probably won’t watch replay. Happy we kept it competitive the first half. Totally disgusted with defensive rebounding and turnovers. The stats show our offense and defense have been better but we didn’t do the small things. Sucks

UConn is light years better than our Lady Vols. More athletic. More skilled. More balanced. More aware. Far better coached.

This team is really hard to watch.

BTW, MO State is better this year too. It‘s beginning to look like there is a problem at the top. 😉

Time to replace one useless post with another useless post ..
Oh I thought for a minute you were talking about this board. You mean replacing players, not useless posts on this board.
Kk was tired after she got off the bus.
LOL post of the night. Sums it up perfectly.
We are a TURNOVER FACTORY.
More than Arbys!

Going to be tough to live with, as someone said above, its not like the Hussies dominated us, we self-imploded. I still have much love for the first half, but am very disappointed in the subbing pattern and in the inability to slow the turnover fest and the resulting loss of any semblance of rhythm.

The challenge ahead is real. Interested to see if they can learn anything positive from this experience going forward. Pretty sure they already know their ball handling is a disaster.

No coach in the world can help a team that can't pass the ball 10 feet and either throw it out of bounds or the player can't catch it. Looks like we've been smoking something the way we can't throw or catch a pass or catch a rebound off the goal.

They came out with energy and hustle in second half. We looked like we were on slow mo compared to them.

We scored 19 points in the last 26:00 of the game. Let that sink in.

This team needs to look a lot different next year. No more bigs if they can't hold the ball and produce effort.

Sitting here late in the 4th quarter, I have to say that the result is not surprising but how badly the ladies played in the 2nd half is disappointing.

Terribly sloppy with the ball . . . It’s like they forgot how to handle the ball and how to pass. Terrible block outs leading to far too many UCONN offensive rebounds. And how many wide open, uncontested jumpers INSIDE the 3-point line can a team give up?

Played tough the first half and then disappeared like ghosts. UCONN is a very good team, but our ladies got embarrassed after halftime. A very poor outing. Lots for the team to work on. This isn’t a rivalry until our team holds up its end of the deal.

Reactions: Dube and Amb3096
Bottom line... UT 12 turnovers 2nd half, UConn 1. We held them 20 pts under their season average but we got in our own way. Our post are AWWFUL

VN Store

Back