Game Thread: #23/23 Lady Vols versus #3/5 UCONN

We need some smaller guards that can pass and handle the ball. KK has five missed layups and five turnovers by herself.

Meh, we were outclassed in all the ways we thought we would be. It just took a little while for UConn to settle down. Most disappointing thing is that we quit as soon as they hit us in the mouth.

Turning the ball over on 41% of our possessions is just flat out ridiculous.

Just no mental toughness at all. Same as it has been since Pat got sick.

Reactions: TN1111
I find it bothersome of the lack of effort too, but I’m not calling them trash. I think that is unnecessary rhetoric. You can critique someone’s game, effort, energy, etc, but we shouldn’t result to slander.

Reactions: bobkitten
31-11 2nd half right now

We had 26 points with 6:15 left
We have scored 16 in the next 24:00

Taking care of the basketball and fixing the turnover epidemic has not been a priority of the coaching staff all year. This is the result. Players don’t just age out of it. You have to address it and hold players accountable. This is the national stage in late January, and we look like a competitive middle school team.

And then there is the rebounding disgrace.....

Details, details, details.....

Yep, Harper needs to be held accountable. Turnovers have been an issue all year and it seems to be getting worse.

Reactions: TN1111
Tamari Key is a freshman. Lauren Cox looked like trash at that age also. Tamari's light will turn on sooner rather than later.

I was just about to say Key will get better if she wants to work! She will be good...

Horston will get better because she loves the game. She will get better because she will work

Honestly the first half was a strong effort but the 2nd half has been a disaster. This team is young and has huge upside. I just hope Key can toughen up and that Horston/Burrell can become more disciplined players offensively. You watch Davis, Massengill and Brown and they're all playing within the flow of the game and not forcing it where Jordan and Rae are just out of control and dont have decision making skills at this point.
Burrell will be the same as a senior that she is now. Wild. Sad but true.

Reactions: Amb3096

VN Store

Back