Virginia, MLK day, Accelerationists, Trump, GOP

The daddy of ACA is the worst in my lifetime and pushing Carter to #2 was an accomplishment.

GWB made 1 real devastating long lasting mistake and that was invading Iraq. Other than that he pretty much followed in Clinton's footsteps policy wise.

Plus Medicare part d
Tarp (700 billion to his richest friends)
Iraq war 2
Katrina
No child left behind
Patriot act
Tsa
Dept of homeland security
Whiffed on obl
Etc..etc..etc
And your comment on Carter proves my earlier point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Purple Tiger
Plus Medicare part d
Iraq war 2
Katrina
Patriot act
Tsa
Whiffed on obl
Etc..etc..etc
Carter had:
The hostage crisis
Desert One
The malaise speech
55mph nationwide speed limit
Top marginal tax rates over 50%
The oil embargo
Billy Carter
Any Carter
The Mustang II

My first part was what you are saying. The Republicans arent conservative any more (for a while).

And to the last a single party in power that can just push things thru is worse than the gradual slide.

Personally I wont to get rid of parties. Make candidates run on their own and their own ideas and votes. Not some bs party line that they dont actually uphold.

Never gonna happen. Just imagine having to go through 3 presidential elections like Israel because they have a bunch of small parties. Hard Pass

Plus Medicare part d
Iraq war 2
Katrina
No child left behind
Patriot act
Tsa
Whiffed on obl
Etc..etc..etc

Love when libs blame George W Bush for hurricane Katrina. Takes a special kind of idiot to believe that. Democrat governor and Mayor Ray are the fools who should get that blame

Carter had:
The hostage crisis
Carter screwed the pooch
Desert One
Carter screwed the pooch
The malaise speech
If Trump gave this speech, it would be hailed as profound by conservatives.
passed in 1974. Carter was President from 77-81, lifted by Clinton.
was actually 70%, increased some exemptions and lowered some capital gains. Decreased to 50% under Reagan in 1984
The oil embargo
oil embargo was from 1973 to 1974, second oil crises, 1979-1981, Carter started energy deregulation and wisely ignored calls for rationing as had been done in 73-74.
Billy Carter
He gave us Billy Beer
Any Carter
He can keep her.
The Mustang II
Don’t know much about Mustangs but I’m not a Vin Diesel fan.

Reactions: TNVOLNAVY
Love when libs blame George W Bush for hurricane Katrina. Takes a special kind of idiot to believe that. Democrat governor and Mayor Ray are the fools who should get that blame
For the personal attack, I now condemn you to have all of your personal affairs run by Mayor Nagin, Gov. Blanco, and Mike Brown. May God have mercy on your soul.

Images.

Here's pictures of what we saw back then.

In the first picture, your country men were being held hostage in Iran and Carter couldn't handle a good jog.

Now look how Gorby looks like a pygmy next to Reagan. And from what I remember, the Russians noticed that, also.
jc rr.jpg

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Images.

Here's pictures of what we saw back then.

In the first picture, your country men were being held hostage in Iran and Carter couldn't handle a good jog.

Now look how Gorby looks like a pygmy next to Reagan. And from what I remember, the Russians noticed that, also.
View attachment 256017

You’ll have to remind me where I praised Carter’s handling of the hostage crises. In fact, I believe I said “ he screwed the pooch”. That means I think he didn’t do a good job. Is it possible to, I don’t know, have a view of pros and cons for individual actions one takes instead of a cult of personality, binary view of “all in” with my party or president?

Carter had:
The hostage crisis
Desert One
The malaise speech
The oil embargo
Billy Carter
Any Carter
The Mustang II
LOL on the Mustang II. As a lover of Mustangs I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Conservatives usually backed up whatever garbage republican presidents fed them. Hell, Reagan blew up fiscal restraint and grew the gov. The only president that could remotely be considered conservative is Jimmy Carter and conservatives hate him because Rush Limbaugh says he was bad. Conservatives also defend GWB whom was by far the worst president in my life (and it’s not even close). I agree with it being dangerous with a single party.
I pretty much agree.

Reactions: midnight orange
Never gonna happen. Just imagine having to go through 3 presidential elections like Israel because they have a bunch of small parties. Hard Pass
I still think we do it as now. One primary. One general. Get the primary down to 2 or three candidates, then still apply the electoral.

I would be interested to hear on the root causes and eventual alleviation of this period of inflation.

High interest rates and huge budget deficits certainly did not help. Economic growth was not existent because top tax rates (confiscations is a better term to use) were in the 70% range.

I still think we do it as now. One primary. One general. Get the primary down to 2 or three candidates, then still apply the electoral.

Nice try that's not even close. This would only be applicable if whoever is elected President garnered over 50% support from 435 House members and 51 Senators. Or there is another election and that same attempt is made again

Nice try that's not even close. This would only be applicable if whoever is elected President garnered over 50% support from 435 House members and 51 Senators. Or there is another election and that same attempt is made again
If the primary got down to two it would be the exact same as we have now...

But instead of having the Ds in their own little world and the Rs in theirs, they have to primary against each other. So in my world the top two could be Rs, or two Ds

If the primary got down to two it would be the exact same as we have now...

But instead of having the Ds in their own little world and the Rs in theirs, they have to primary against each other. So in my world the top two could be Rs, or two Ds

We will agree to disagree.
Evidenced by Ross Perot. That's quite possibly where national politics went off the rails. Not the only reason but definitely is where the point of no return was passed.

High interest rates and huge budget deficits certainly did not help. Economic growth was not existent because top tax rates (confiscations is a better term to use) were in the 70% range.

Nope, top marginal rates were in the 90 percent right after ww2, which coincided with one of the biggest economic booms in US history. I’ve seen evidence that the confiscation rate averages about 19% no matter the tax rate.

Could there have been fallout from others things, like LBJ, Nixon and Ford trying to monetize the Viet Nam war, The Great Society, the first oil embargo, withdrawal from Breton Woods?

What was the solution that ended the inflation?

Do you think any leaders today would initiate the same solution?

Nope, top marginal rates were in the 90 percent right after ww2, which coincided with one of the biggest economic booms in US history. I’ve seen evidence that the confiscation rate averages about 19% no matter the tax rate.

Could there have been fallout from others things, like LBJ, Nixon and Ford trying to monetize the Viet Nam war, The Great Society, the first oil embargo, withdrawal from Breton Woods?

What was the solution that ended the inflation?

Do you think any leaders today would initiate the same solution?

The economic boom happened when people started working during and after WWII

The economic boom happened when people started working during and after WWII
With a 90% marginal rate that boom should not have happened because according to your own statement, economic growth does not exist with a 70% marginal tax rate. I didn’t see any qualifiers.

What about the other questions?

VN Store

Back