'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

I wasn’t intending you were kidding yourself, btw. Just the OP I replied to. You are blowing this out of proportion. I didn’t mean it as a sweeping generalization and I don’t wish to defend it any further. Count me in with the “it ain’t over til the ink hits the paper” crowd!

View attachment 254983
Sorry you responded to me with words like silly and idiocy so maybe I blew it out of proportion. I'm just not seeing him as that much better than the ones we got and certainly not "elite" enough to fret about. Not like if we didn't get the QB we needed.

I have no doubt he was. Just wondering if AV will give any kind of explanation on all the false info. 1. D. Washington (still no explanation on that)
2. Ratledge -AV said he was going to push his commitment to Feb
3. And now Hardy
The explanation? Ratledge just decided he looked Luke and trusted Kirby.

The other two...He got lied to.. Just like price did, and our coaches...

Can we save those numbers for EE's next class? We used to be able to count EEs towards either the next or the previous class. Is that still the case?
If you can backcount, yes. Not sure we are there yet, unless we got McBride's back, which no one knows. Otherwise we are at 24 + 1 blueshirt just to reach 25 this class. So...if we didn't take another single kid, we could take a straight 26 next year. Don't see that happening with need at WR/TE. Staff still wants to flip as much as possible. Just sucks we can't do like Butch used to and blueshirt over 25 and into oblivion. Otherwise Pruitt would have been taking 30 a year to start off and flip this thing.

Good point. We have done as good as any team at keeping our in-state talent. It’s partly because people in Tennessee are so passionate about our school. It’s what makes volnation so special (the community not website). But the website is great too. Lol. But separately, uga fans are upset with Kirby about in state recruiting. It’s been a huge deal down there
Oh, good... A couple of GA fans on here said it didn't matter because he was national. That works when you make the playoffs, but he's missed the last two years while burning bridges in GA. Hope it comes back to bite him and soon.

Reactions: chattavol420
So let me get this right. Hardy continues to seek attention from us. There was an article a couple of weeks ago where he said something like he was still considering Tennessee and that what he needed from us was to get to know some of the older players better to get comfortable. Then today Austin price puts out that he’s learned the kid is actually already signed. Then the weasel (what I’ll always refer to jay Hardy as from now on)...tweets out that’s not true he hasn’t signed. But then price releases evidence of it and then auburn goes ahead and confirms it. OMG. There’s cowardly/attention starved little drama queens every year. We’ve seen it for sure. But this takes it to a whole new level. And then funniest part of it all is auburn absolutely threw his ass under the bus. Hilarious! It’s obviously that even auburn was over his drama queen/lying bs and choose to do this. He has to be embarrassed as hell and also pissed off at auburn. What a great way to start the most important chapter of your life weasel. He’s now likely lost all trust with auburn for doing that to him. Seems like they’re a pretty good match.
Here’s the funnies thing of all...a drama queen like him that craves attention so much has absolutely been on this thread reading about himself. I’d bet the house he’s reading every post that pops up on this thread today. Hope he’s proud of himself. Things always work out the way they’re supposed to. Thank god this weasel didn’t choose us. Truly will prove to be a blessing.

There needs to be though because those were really crazy times :cool::cool:
Crazy doesn't begin to describe it. I still remember the entire airport reporting. It was a new twist on following airplanes by tail number.b instead we have a reporter at the airport and Gruden is about to step off this plane....

Reactions: Batman1948
I'm still confused. Not unusual for me. Do schools where a recruit DIDN'T sign have visibility to that recruit signing and sending his LOI to another school when he submits the LOI? In other words, should a school know when a guy they're recruiting is officially off the market. If so, the bigger story is why did the UT staff trip down to Chatt?
That's the question. Some have said there is a database, not public. But at least compliance should be able to check...pretty bad if we could have checked.

The first thing I thought was that the trend of this kid getting weird advice from those around him had continued and maybe he didn’t actually know what he had signed, or that auburn has tricked him into signing something. Otherwise it was just a weird, pointless lie. But lol nope, just a weird pointless lie.

NEXT.

This kid will be on Last Chance U.... a team killer. 99% of kids that handle recruiting so poorly either end up trouble or are just terrible.

Absolutely. I posted earlier that there’s a couple of kids that do this type stuff every year and I can’t remeber a single one that went on to become a great player. Great players carry themselves in a respectable manner almost always.

I agree that any signed LOIs must be made public in that respective period. Sign early, announce early.

Basically the All American games would be to announce they are “committed but not signed” or early enrollees.

The first thing I thought was that the trend of this kid getting weird advice from those around him had continued and maybe he didn’t actually know what he had signed, or that auburn has tricked him into signing something. Otherwise it was just a weird, pointless lie. But lol nope, just a weird pointless lie.

NEXT.
Would be legitimately wild if he seriously did not know that he had signed. Wouldn’t put it past AU.

VN Store

Back