Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot takes are overrated. I think the Vols will be just fine.
Just wanted to post for discussion. I agree with a previous poster. We will be good with Chaney. It's more of a stylistic preference. I just love the air raid. Cant wait to see Leach try it in Starkville.

As many of you know my mom is in the later stages of Alzheimer's. She's taken a turn for the worse in the last 3-4 weeks. She become lethargic and seems to be in a lot of pain. The hospice nurses think she has a urinary tract infection. She is also severely dehydrated. We've called an ambulance to transport her to the hospital. Please keep her and my family in your prayers if you do that sort of thing.
Prayers sent

Thought ol Atlanta Vol said it made him smile that more change and instability was coming UGA’s way on the coaching front? Reckon he was mistaken.
Actually when i said that I was referring to the fact i knew that Kirby was interviewing folks to take the OC role and demote Coley weeks ago...so in fact no I wasn’t wrong.

KS has decided to give their entire offense an overhaul....which i believe could be sting them in many ways. Let’s see how it plays out.

Actually when i said that I was referring to the fact i knew that Kirby was interviewing folks to take the OC role and demote Coley weeks ago...so in fact no I wasn’t wrong.

KS has decided to give their entire offense an overhaul....which i believe could be sting them in many ways. Let’s see how it plays out.

It very well may sting in the short term but with all the athletes they are pulling, i wouldn’t want monken to work out.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Chill, Ron. Born here. Graduated from here. I think i'll continue to bleed orange. I can still have opinions on the coaching staff, just like every other poster in here. We all ride the rollercoaster, baby.
Baby?

Move over Baby Yoda. VN has Baby Ron.

Untitled-17.gif

Anyone left in the '20 class that we're targeting but maybe haven't heard about?

Let’s hope it does! How do you like this team going into next year? JP getting close to taking this thing to the next level?

I think that was obvious and you were correct. There had to be "change and instability" for them to be in the market for an OC.
Doubt that confused anyone else.

Tbh I'm not sure they could do much worse considering the amount of talent they have

Reactions: Kristy*
I can't remember, did UGA lose a coach already, or are they going to have to lose a coach to make room for Monken?

Reactions: OGbabyaviVol
That offense in 2012 is probably what Chaney really likes, especially if we can get a better running back in there.

So Monken is nothing to worry about, he’s going to be so bad the NFL will snap him up after a year or two?
I didn't say "snapped up" did I? NFL guys typically want to get back to the NFL, even at a lesser position. Most would rather not spend 50 additional hours a week recruiting. UGA is likely a detour/stepping stone for him.

Last edited:
I didn't say "snapped up" did I? NFL guys typically want to get back to the NFL, even at a lesser position. Re: Azzani. UGA is likely a detour/stepping stone for him.

Guy has been a HC and in the league, definitely short term. And that's fine for a built team that can go that route.

Pruitt seems to have preferred solid, proven and some consistency finally. And I agree 110% with that choice for our situation.
But eyeing ye ol neighbors lawn is a proven VN classic.

No need to respond AV. You were correct in what you stated.

Any info on the running backs coach? Will Jay Graham be making another return to Knoxville?

Reactions: drvenner
Guy has been a HC and in the league, definitely short term. And that's fine for a built team that can go that route.

Pruitt seems to have preferred solid, proven and some consistency finally. And I agree 110% with that choice for our situation.
But eyeing ye ol neighbors lawn is a proven VN classic.
The Clemson method (as much as I hate to utter that), but long-term consistency works over rotating "elite" mercenary coaches, in general. Even with umpteen #1 classes by Bama, they are beginning to reap what they have sown with these mercenary staffs and starting to see some drop off.

I guess one could counter with Brady and LSU, but I would take something built to last over the next decade over a one year SHOT (most shots will not be as successful, they are the exception).

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back