Candidates to replace David Johnson?

Just saw where another TxAM RB is hitting the transfer portal...leaves only 1 back on the current roster...wonder if this is a symptom of sitting behind a good/great back with two decent freshmen incoming OR are there issues with Jay Graham and his style not fitting ???
Good question, but they did sign two RBs during early signing and may potentially get Z. Evans.

Throw the bank at Dennis Johnson (LSU DLine Coach) or (Karl Scott Bama defensive backs coach) both are excellent recruiters and are working there way up. My number one would be Brian Hartline. He is the WR coach at Ohio State and reals in only huge fish! If I’m not mistaking he also used to be a WR for the Miami Dolphins.

Back the Brinks truck up to the best recruiter we can lure away from where they are now.

As long as he's also a good coach too.

Top priority is a ace recruiter to keep this rebuild going well.

I don't care who that might be as long as he can help bring in the stud recruits that fill our needs.

VFL...GBO!!!
Brian Hartline. Big time WR’s!!

Throw the bank at Dennis Johnson (LSU DLine Coach) or (Karl Scott Bama defensive backs coach) both are excellent recruiters and are working there way up. My number one would be Brian Hartline. He is the WR coach at Ohio State and reals in only huge fish! If I’m not mistaking he also used to be a WR for the Miami Dolphins.
Hartline’s a Buckeyes alum...won’t get him in a lateral move.

Reactions: UTwild82
Top Choice - Frank Wilson
Alternative* - Jay Graham (respectfully speaking... still homerun hire)

Promote Nieds to RB Coach / Recruiting Coord

Promote Osovet to TE Coach

Go after people Pruitt has familiarity with such as John Lilly, Tim Brewster, Bobby Williams (As TE Coach, if we promote within*)
Wilson if we can get him. Nieds if he wants it . Graham if we can't get either of the other two. All of these would be a home run hire but Graham has already turned us down once. I realize that things have been changed and he may be highlu interested this time. However, if he isn't chomping at the bit to come here, he may not be the best choice.

Reactions: onevol74
With Joe Brady leaving LSU and a coaching spot open, would Orgeron go after Frank Wilson to bring him back to the LSU staff? If so, would Wilson choose Tennessee or LSU if both were after him?

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
With Joe Brady leaving LSU and a coaching spot open, would Orgeron go after Frank Wilson to bring him back to the LSU staff? If so, would Wilson choose Tennessee or LSU if both were after him?
Betting LSU.

I thought I heard that JB Cooter’s goals were pretty much focused on the NFL .
I refuse to accept our university employing a JIM BOB Cooter. Is he gonna go in recruits houses playing a Banjo too? Telling recruits what a purty mouf they have? JB cooter is slightly better but still.

secret blue font applied

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
VQ podcast said that Pruitt isn’t in any hurry to hire anyone. Hubbs alluded to a few more coaches leaving. He said that would probably have an effect on who Pruitt hires. He and AP said Graham is at the top of the list.

What’s needed more? Recruiter or player development. Hard to get one that’s great at both.

What’s needed more? Recruiter or player development. Hard to get one that’s great at both.

If the discrepancy between the two is minimal, then I go with player development. In other words, if one guy recruits 4 and 5 star players but can't coach'em up and the other guy brings in 3 and 4 star players and they improve each and every year in the program, then IMO it's better off with the coach and not the recruiter. But gap in talent can't be too great, can't coach speed or plain ol' natural ability.

Meh depends on the position. Development is huge or OL, QB, WR etc, but besides teaching the pass scheme blocking and such, you dont really teach a guy to run. Get a recruiter for that position.

Reactions: sonofUT62
If the discrepancy between the two is minimal, then I go with player development. In other words, if one guy recruits 4 and 5 star players but can't coach'em up and the other guy brings in 3 and 4 star players and they improve each and every year in the program, then IMO it's better off with the coach and not the recruiter. But gap in talent can't be too great, can't coach speed or plain ol' natural ability.
Keep Rocker!!!!!😁

A guy thats not been mentioned that i would be interested in is....

John Wozniak RB Coach for Oklahoma State... they have had some really good running backs the past few years... He has been a part of 2 National Championships One with Les Miles... and the other with Nick Saban at Bama as Special Teams Coach same time Pruitt was there.

A guy thats not been mentioned that i would be interested in is....

John Wozniak RB Coach for Oklahoma State... they have had some really good running backs the past few years... He has been a part of 2 National Championships One with Les Miles... and the other with Nick Saban at Bama as Special Teams Coach same time Pruitt was there.

Wozniak is a fine coach, but there are better out there and I doubt TN tries to do any coach snatching in Stillwater again for quite some time.

Can’t believe Cut brought him on staff at Duke.
Really surprised, especially after all of his recruiting shenanigans at The Barn.
I was friends with a guy that played at Auburn when Trooper and Cam were there. He told me some real “bag $$$” stories. True stories or embellished? Who knows.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I was friends with a guy that played at Auburn when Trooper and Cam were there. He told me some real “bag $$$” stories. True stories or embellished? Who knows.

I think there are too many “bag man” stories for it to be completely fabricated. I swear we’ve been on the losing end to Auburn on so many 50/50 recruits that it’s too much for it to be a coincidence.

VN Store

Back