D’Eriq King enters Transfer Portal. Is he a possible grab for the Vols?

How did I not know that King won the 2020 Heisman? I have seen virtually no reporting on this and am shocked.

Reactions: Devo182
You know that Auburn was over 150-1 favorite in Vegas that year to start the season? It means it was lightning in a bottle, completely out of nowhere and not likely to be duplicated. Yes there have been instances of a transfer QB putting a team over the top. But stop using Auburn as an example.
You know I was wanting Cam to UT so we could be instant national champs that year. Weird people are to stupid to see obvious game changing talent.

How did I not know that King won the 2020 Heisman? I have seen virtually no reporting on this and am shocked.
2020 NCAA Heisman Trophy - Odds to Win
Justin Fields +175
Trevor Lawrence +550
Adrian Martinez +1200
Spencer Rattler +1200
D'Eriq King +1600
Jamie Newman +1600
Sam Ehlinger +1600
Bo Nix +2000
Kedon Slovis +2000
Mac Jones +2500
Myles Brennan +2500
Ian Book +3500
Kellen Mond +3500
KJ Costello +4000
Sam Howell +4000
Chuba Hubbard +5000
Kyle Trask +5000
Micale Cunningham +5000
Najee Harris +5000

Reactions: Lane Train 4
giphy.gif

If you do not want D'eriq King to UT you're an idiot. It really is that simple.

Doesn't matter what fans want. What do the coaches want? Are we even pursuing this kid? I've seen nothing to suggest we are. Ranting on a message board does nothing to change that. I'll agree the kid is talented, but it means little if the staff isn't pursuing him. And even if they are(which we may never know given how tight lipped Pruitt and his staff are), who's to say he wants to come here?

Nothing is that simple.

Reactions: Devo182 and Sleegro
I trust Swain here ......let’s ride and let’s win
You all trust Swain? That's great and all but do you not watch football outside of UT? It should be blatantly clear to anyone in the country. This guy changes everything for wherever he ends up.

Doesn't matter what fans want. What do the coaches want? Are we even pursuing this kid? I've seen nothing to suggest we are. Ranting on a message board does nothing to change that. I'll agree the kid is talented, but it means little if the staff isn't pursuing him. And even if they are(which we may never know given how tight lipped Pruitt and his staff are), who's to say he wants to come here?

Nothing is that simple.
It's as simple as trusting our coaches are not incompetent morons.

It doesn't matter how many QBs you have on the roster if none of them can execute. I'm glad I don't have to be the one to tell them, but if they can't win the job or come close (or work to get better), they should probably find a place where they can. It does get old watching bad QB performances. I will be *HAPPY* if JG is able to put together a successful season next year, but I would also be thrilled if someone came in and snatched that ball from his hands, whether it's BM, HB, Shrout or King or Hill or Holliday for that matter.

Reactions: Lane Train 4
It's as simple as trusting our coaches are not incompetent morons.
Or they may not value him as much as you do. Or, as I said previously, they reached out and there was no interest from him. Both things we don't know, and may never know.

If either Oklahoma or LSU come calling, I could see that being attractive to this kid.

If either Oklahoma or LSU come calling, I could see that being attractive to this kid.
Oklahomanwould be a good fit except they have Spencer Rattler and said they have no interest in taking a transfer this year. LSU would seemed likely but LSU is falling apart right in front of our eyes. It will be a rebuilding year at LSU.

Oklahomanwould be a good fit except they have Spencer Rattler and said they have no interest in taking a transfer this year. LSU would seemed likely but LSU is falling apart right in front of our eyes. It will be a rebuilding year at LSU.
Depends on who Coach O hires. They still have talent.

Kinda crazy how the only team that has been reported to be targeting next year's Heisman winner is Arkansas. All these other teams must be idiots.

Reactions: Zues1 and sonofUT62
Kinda crazy how the only team that has been reported to be targeting next year's Heisman winner is Arkansas. All these other teams must be idiots.
Where do you find this "fact"? I would say you are full of it moran. Morans everywhere!

VN Store

Back