D’Eriq King enters Transfer Portal. Is he a possible grab for the Vols?

he wants there to be legit pressure on everyone in that room. err'body should be looking over their shoulder. and i get that...competition.

siap earlier in the thread....i've been generally against going after a GT or transfer QB simpmly because of numbers, and there aren't a bevvy of elite qb's out there looking for greener pasures...in general, i don't know that there's many out there that would be considered upgrades over anything we currently have.

but this kid is as close to elite as there is, so i would make an exception here....
who loses if we take him? no one, really... JG? no, you had your chance(s), and still could win the job... Shrout? had/still have chances, or transfer for playing time... Maurer? compete, win, wait or transfer for playing time... King? ball out or fail... HB? no way to lose: compete, learn, win or wait

Look, I say we only go after this guy if we want to win a national championship next season. If we are happy losing to Florida and not even winning the east than we stick with who we got.

So we should have 7 scholarship players at a position where only one can play at a time?

So we should have 7 scholarship players at a position where only one can play at a time?
Why do you care? Are you paying for those scholarships out of pocket? Where do you get 7 anyways? We have 5 now, you get this guy makes 6. I'm sure 2 maybe 3 transfer because the cream rises to the top. If they do not transfer, (of course they will) what does it hurt? What difference does it make? Imagine Auburn not taking Cam Newton because the already had 5 scholarship QB's.

There's five at the moment. And I think most would agree there's a decent chance Maurer and/or Shrout transfer out. Also, Holiday is unlikely to stick there.

Well I think you’re wrong about every bit of that. But even if you’re somewhat right, 5 is still too many.

Why do you care? are you paying for those scholarships out of pocket? Where do you get 7 anyways? We have 5 now, you get this guy makes 6. I'm sure 2 maybe 3 transfer because the cream rises to the top. If the do not transfer, (of course they will) what does it hurt? What difference does it make? Imagine Auburn not taking Cam Newton because the already had 5 scholarship QB's.

No dude I’m not paying for their scholarships. You only get 85 and we’re about to be tight on numbers. JG is staying, Mauer is by all accounts staying, Shrout is in a long term relationship with a softball player, Hill sat out last year to play this year so he’s not going anywhere. Bailey and Holliday make 6. But hey the cream rises to the top right? Congratulations on quoting a cliche that your 7th grade coach threw out.....probably the last year you played.

Reactions: Zues1
Well I think you’re wrong about every bit of that. But even if you’re somewhat right, 5 is still too many.
Guys we almost had a Heisman QB and a shot at a national championship but some, like @sonofUT62 felt we had to many QB's on the roster. So we stuck with JG. Enjoy the Outback bowl kids.

No dude I’m not paying for their scholarships. You only get 85 and we’re about to be tight on numbers. JG is staying, Mauer is by all accounts staying, Shrout is in a long term relationship with a softball player, Hill sat out last year to play this year so he’s not going anywhere. Bailey and Holliday make 6. But hey the cream rises to the top right? Congratulations on quoting a cliche that your 7th grade coach threw out.....probably the last year you played.
Hill is not on scholarship. He is a scout team QB.

Reactions: sonofUT62
Soooo now King is a Heisman trophy caliber QB? This gets better.
Wow nice you just proved your ignorance. Why argue or take a stance at all if you do not know what you are even arguing about. Check Vegas odds on next years Heisman winner then get back to me fool.

Wow nice you just proved your ignorance. Why argue or take a stance at all if you do not know what you are even arguing about. Check Vegas odds on next years Heisman winner then get back to me fool.

The guy who won it this year wasn’t in the top 15 preseason this year. Fool.

Reactions: Sleegro
Guys we almost had a Heisman QB and a shot at a national championship but some, like @sonofUT62 felt we had to many QB's on the roster. So we stuck with JG. Enjoy the Outback bowl kids.

I said we didn’t need to have more than 5 qbs on the roster, so that means we have to stick with JG? Straw man argument much?

He would be to UT what Cam was to Auburn. That's not stupid. That is knowing football.

You know that Auburn was over 150-1 favorite in Vegas that year to start the season? It means it was lightning in a bottle, completely out of nowhere and not likely to be duplicated. Yes there have been instances of a transfer QB putting a team over the top. But stop using Auburn as an example.

He would be to UT what Cam was to Auburn. That's not stupid. That is knowing football.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Devo182

VN Store

Back