Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
so next year is what matters then..........?

No jake, every season should matter. He's making almost 5 million a year in a soft basketball conference...

We can't fire him anytime soon though, because we just buried our self into a new contract with a huge buyout (naturally).

2 under-performing years in a row, with one stacked full of top 40 players though...puts Fulmer in an awkward situation, one I hope we're not in. I just think this year's team needs to win more so that there isn't anymore pressure on next year's squad than is already present with the incoming talent.

Man he looks so much smaller then Trey. It’ll be nice to see what our strength and conditioning program does for him in the next 7ish months. I expect him to be much more toned and have a bit more muscle mass.
UGA OL was heavy and slow last year. It’s a good thing cafe has lost weight.

He couldn’t build the program with one and dones when he got here. He had to build a program and develop players. He did it with 2 classes that all went pro. Programs like UT will have some down years and aren’t like UK, Duke, and Kansas.

The Durant argument is so lazy. As I’ve said many times, look at that roster. It was dominated by true freshman and a sophomore Augustin. They had no senior or junior contributors.
Certainly losing Williams and Bone didn’t help when they had eligibility remaining. Then, Turner goes down. Those three guys would have made this season look entirely different. All starting 5 from last season are gone.

No jake, every season should matter. He's making almost 5 million a year in a soft basketball conference...

We can't fire him anytime soon though, because we just buried our self into a new contract with a huge buyout (naturally).

2 under-performing years in a row, with one stacked full of top 40 players though...puts Fulmer in an awkward situation, one I hope we're not in. I just think this year's team needs to win more so that there isn't anymore pressure on next year's squad than is already present with the incoming talent.

Agree just about all of this. Say we only win 16 games and miss the tournament this season. Next year people are gonna fully expect a top 10 team, top 3 in the league, 1-3 seed in the tournament. Couple that with most are gonna expect at least a Sweet Sixteen. Springer and Keon are probably going to have to be elite for that to happen. If both are like JJJ I would be hard pressed to believe we meet those expectations.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
And had his usually good regular season.... with nothing in the post season to show for it. Lost in conference tournament and lost in elite 8.

But also because a team isn’t an upperclassman led means they shouldn’t be successful? Lol. Have a hard time buying that in basketball.

Then you haven’t followed the roster construction of many of the past championship teams. Cal’s championship team at UK, and even K’s championship teams had “veteran” contributors. Virginia, UNC, and Nova all developed high level talent that weren’t one and dones and stayed at least 2-3 years. Stick to the NFL.

i just don't know what you want to do about it at this point?

we're coming off two really good years that were comprised of rosters that he developed and sent 4 guys to the NBA. we're looking toward next year that will have a huge influx of what looks to be more NBA prospects, coupled with some solid returning experience and talent.

this year isn't gonna be good, and there's no big run in our future this season most liekly.....i don't see how this season puts any additional pressure on him given that we already knew this year wasn't gonna be like the last two and doesn't have the talent on the roster like next year's will? the contract he got was to keep UCLA's mugs off him and secure the future of the program....that's it. and imo, it's one of the reasons he was able to secure the signatures he got for the 20/21 season.....

i guess my thing is, why are we discussing the plan for his failure, a year (or two) out?

get thru this year. and get TO next year and let's see what happens before we start putting FUlmer in awkward situations on what he should about Barnes?

Agree just about all of this. Say we only win 16 games and miss the tournament this season. Next year people are gonna fully expect a top 10 team, top 3 in the league, 1-3 seed in the tournament. Couple that with most are gonna expect at least a Sweet Sixteen. Springer and Keon are probably going to have to be elite for that to happen. If both are like JJJ I would be hard pressed to believe we meet those expectations.
shouldn't we expect that anyway though? i mean, you add that kind of talent to what is returning.....

i mean, that's what i expect....right now. w/out knowing how this season turns out.

shouldn't we expect that anyway though? i mean, you add that kind of talent to what is returning.....

i mean, that's what i expect....right now. w/out knowing how htis season turns out.

There's where my expectations are as well. Hell, I'm sure some will expect more.

There's where my expectations are as well. Hell, I'm sure some will expect more.
and it's not unfair to do so imo.

@MoCo_Vol i don't have any issue with putting big expectaitons on the program. the money we're spending, the talent we're collecting....they should be high.

i just don't see how this season affects next season given what we already knew about this season going, coupled with what's happened since the season started roster wise.

siap, our roster next year should dicate an expectation that looks like top 4 seed in conf tourney, top 3 seed NCAA's and capable of making a run in both and competing for the reg season.

if we don't do any/all of those things next year, it will be a disappointment.

but let's worry about it, if it actually happens....next year....lol.

i just don't know what you want to do about it at this point?

we're coming off two really good years that were comprised of rosters that he developed and sent 4 guys to the NBA. we're looking toward next year that will have a huge influx of what looks to be more NBA prospects, coupled with some solid returning experience and talent.

this year isn't gonna be good, and there's no big run in our future this season most liekly.....i don't see how this season puts any additional pressure on him given that we already knew this year wasn't gonna be like the last two and doesn't have the talent on the roster like next year's will? the contract he got was to keep UCLA's mugs off him and secure the future of the program....that's it. and imo, it's one of the reasons he was able to secure the signatures he got for the 20/21 season.....

i guess my thing is, why are we discussing the plan for his failure, a year (or two) out?

get thru this year. and get TO next year and let's see what happens before we start putting FUlmer in awkward situations on what he should about Barnes?

I want this year's team to be coached up and finish better than 500. It's not an outrageous expectation. He still has 4 players who are healthy and have been here 3 years now. 3 of those 4 players were in our 8 man rotation last season and getting around 12 minutes a game. Bowden nearly 28 minutes a game.

Sure we lost 4 guys (5 with Turner) but JFC I'm just saying "be better than 500" and the talent/players are there right now regardless of inexperience or youth to be a 16+ win team.

THAT'S IT, that's all I'm saying, he's making almost 5 million a year, he can't roll out a 12 or 13 win season and it not be a problem.

I want this year's team to be coached up and finish better than 500. It's not an outrageous expectation. He still has 4 players who are healthy and have been here 3 years now. 3 of those 4 players were in our 8 man rotation last season and getting around 12 minutes a game. Bowden nearly 28 minutes a game.

Sure we lost 4 guys (5 with Turner) but JFC I'm just saying "be better than 500" and the talent/players are there right now regardless of inexperience or youth to be a 16+ win team.

THAT'S IT, that's all I'm saying, he's making almost 5 million a year, he can't roll out a 12 or 13 win season and it not be a problem.
We will win 15 to 18 games. Hes a good coach just alot of new faces on the court.

We will win 15 to 18 games. Hes a good coach just alot of new faces on the court.

That's my expectation as well.

Me saying "if he doesn't" isn't crazy talk. This is a TN forum, discussion is part of it.

I just don't get the "next year" mentality. There is enough talent on this roster right now that if they start clicking we can win more than 6 games, especially with the chance to add some in the SEC tournament.

Gotta beat Vandy on Saturday, I wasn't expecting us to beat Georgia. How we played was more alarming. South Carolina bounced back and knocked off Kentucky, Alabama upset Auburn. We're as good as those teams if everyone is playing hard and smart.

Me saying "if he doesn't" isn't crazy talk. This is a TN forum, discussion is part of it.

I just don't get the "next year" mentality. There is enough talent on this roster right now that if they start clicking we can win more than 6 games, especially with the chance to add some in the SEC tournament.

Gotta beat Vandy on Saturday, I wasn't expecting us to beat Georgia. How we played was more alarming. South Carolina bounced back and knocked off Kentucky, Alabama upset Auburn. We're as good as those teams if everyone is playing hard and smart.
Good post.We are so young I figured that we would struggle on the road early in our sec schedule. That game last night was hard to watch for sure.Just gotta show some improvement the next few weeks .

And it's like "realism" is supposed to make everyone not notice timing.
Simulation

😅😅😅

"Realistic" fans point out all the flaws of "their" team but only have glowing comments about rivals. So old. If you wanna stroke our rivals go to the Around the NCAA forum and stroke away.

giphy.gif

Hey folks, sorry for being so tardy with my comments about last night's game. I was waiting on Plavsic to finish running from free-throw line to free-throw line.

Honestly though, what was weird was that there were times in the half-court offense where he seemed pretty nimble setting screen and releasing to the basket. But, man, when UGA got the ball and started back up court, he looked like he was running through quicksand with concrete shoes.

And, as someone else said, Basilio had it pegged (they said that he's really slow and doesn't have any kind of offensive arsenal). You may not like him, but I think he has some legit sources.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol

i don't disagree. it's just not a sure thing that they get the chemistry going in time...if the do, we can make a run. if they don't, we won't.....

the next year mentality is just a recognition that it will be wholly different than this year from a talent perspective...and the expctations for next year are going to be different than they are this year, or at least they should be.....

i don't disagree. it's just not a sure thing that they get the chemistry going in time...if the do, we can make a run. if they don't, we won't.....

the next year mentality is just a recognition that it will be wholly different than this year from a talent perspective...and the expctations for next year are going to be different than they are this year, or at least they should be.....

Agree completely with all that.

I just ain't guaranteed to be here next year (none of us are). So I'd rather the team I am able to watch just play better.

Santiago drops 18 and we shoot as well from 3 as we did against LSU against most the SEC teams, we win.

James has drastically improved in his 16 games. Went from having an inconsistent ugly shot, to being able to sink 3s and score outside. I hope he gets more aggressive and starts driving to the rim, same for Santiago (I expect he's a bit further behind only having played 4 games now and not having the off season conditioning like the other guys).

I think Gaines needs to be used more, confused why he didn't play against Georgia. He's a great defender already, has plenty of length (twss) and will push/play aggressive going to the basket.

Georgia is a lazy team on defense, they seem to be willing to watch Edwards on offense and really don't force the issue with rebounding. Things we would have absolutely punished them for last year (and hopefully will next year).

Reactions: jakez4ut
RB coach news is slow or non existent. Pruitt already have his guy?

Eric and Brian had Callahan on their show this morning and they asked him about this. Callahan said that the job is definitely not Osovets to lose and that Graham and Hardesty are real options right now. Didn't really give any info on a true RB Coach Board.

Reactions: Dooby15
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back