The Official Tennessee @ Georgia Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPNU

Can’t wait to see how the 5*’s match up against each other. I think Bowden being on the road forgets(at least for this game) about his shooting struggles and the Vols get another road win.

GBO!!!

Reactions: goldvol
Pons or Bowden. But, probably won't make much difference in their minutes.

I wouldn't mind seeing Vescovi, James, Pons, Fulkerson, Plavsic start and Bowden come off the bench to see if we can get him in his groove, but I doubt Barnes would do that. Bowden still brings alot to the table defensively, and Barnes values defense more than offense.

I wouldn't mind seeing Vescovi, James, Pons, Fulkerson, Plavsic start and Bowden come off the bench to see if we can get him in his groove, but I doubt Barnes would do that. Bowden still brings alot to the table defensively, and Barnes values defense more than offense.
probably right. Barnes stated they'll platoon AE, so I'd expect JJJ, Bowden and Pons to share the load of slowing him down. Plavsic's minutes will be determined by how effective he is.

I’m going to the game and considered making a sign that says: “Thanks for Cade Mays.”
giphy.gif

Only possible different starting lineup would be if we use this as an opportunity to bench Bowden. But against UGA, defensively I’m not sure I like a starting lineup of Vescovi, JJJ, Pons, Fulky, Plav

It's a hard one to call. I can't see Barnes benching Fulk for Uros which is the only easy way to put him in the starting lineup. The lineup you don't like above is the only other way I see him as a starter, and while I don't hate it, I don't really love it either. I do think it is the only likely option besides no change to the starting 5. Our current roster (at least with Bowden not scoring) is going to leave you weak somewhere.

I would hate to see Fulky get benched, but if Uros is as good as advertised, we could see that in a game or 2.

Reactions: feathersax
It's a hard one to call. I can't see Barnes benching Fulk for Uros which is the only easy way to put him in the starting lineup. The lineup you don't like above is the only other way I see him as a starter, and while I don't hate it, I don't really love it either. I do think it is the only likely option besides no change to the starting 5. Our current roster (at least with Bowden not scoring) is going to leave you weak somewhere.

I would hate to see Fulky get benched, but if Uros is as good as advertised, we could see that in a game or 2.

Fulkerson has arguably been our best player this year. He will not be benched, he will just move to the 4 instead of the 5. Bowden should be coming off the bench like Turner did last year.

I'll be interested to see if they have Plavsic step out and shoot the 3. Shows a pretty nice stroke in his fiba videos. Can we pull our first win at GA in what, 9 years? Fingers toes everything crossed here.

Why are we on ESPN U. Ima call and have it added tomorrow I guess. My spectrum package does not include it 😞
Makes me crazy... I have to go to the highest all-inclusive tier on TDS to get U, which has exactly zero other channels I give a crap about. ESPN really needs to include U programming in the ESPN+ subscription.

Last edited:
Tennessee Volunteers: 10-5 (2-1 SEC)

EOBpSokU0AAmILM

@

Georgia Bulldogs: 10-5 (0-2 SEC)

image.php

GAME 16 | TENNESSEE at GEORGIA - Jan. 15, 2020 | 7:05 p.m. ET | Stegeman Coliseum (10,523)

Line: UT: +3
O/U: 136

TV: ESPNU / Watch
Radio:
Vol Network / Listen
Satellite Radio:
Sirrius: --- / XM: ---
Online: ESPN App

Georgia Game Notes

Lr2rBp8d
I have a question I’ve long since wondered. On espn site they have us as 3 point underdogs but give us a 58 percent chance to win. Mathematicaly I just don’t understand this. I’ve thought about this before as espn does that all the time across all the different sports but I just can’t ever think of the solution. What am I missing? How can a team both be the underdog and have a higher percentage chance of winning the game?

I have a question I’ve long since wondered. On espn site they have us as 3 point underdogs but give us a 58 percent chance to win. Mathematicaly I just don’t understand this. I’ve thought about this before as espn does that all the time across all the different sports but I just can’t ever think of the solution. What am I missing? How can a team both be the underdog and have a higher percentage chance of winning the game?
It’s their stupid power index. The line is a Vegas/betting thing. They aren’t dependent on one another

If we shoot around 40% from three we will win. Uros will play 25mns and will get two rebound put back baskets and prevent three from Georgia which gives us a 5 point Victory.

Because made up statistics are meaningless.

Pons or Bowden. But, probably won't make much difference in their minutes.
heard that Edwards is a little behind defensively. maybe that'll help bowden. don't limit pons minutes. just less time from the guys coming off the bench

Teamrankings gives us a 46.5% chance to win and spread Ga -2.5
Sagarin GA -1 rounded off

VN Store

Back