Isn’t it amazing that

Thank you for pointing that out...has anyone ever thought he left to get away from that which had been had UT prior to his arrival??

Every school had hostesses. Some had sex with recruits. I’m sure it happened at Tennessee. I’d never heard of hostesses driving 150 miles one way paid for by the coaches, to visit recruits.

I swear if some of you caught Kiffin banging your 18 year old daughter, you’d ground her and get him a beer.

Every school had hostesses. Some had sex with recruits. I’m sure it happened at Tennessee. I’d never heard of hostesses driving 150 miles one way paid for by the coaches, to visit recruits.

I swear if some of you caught Kiffin banging your 18 year old daughter, you’d ground her and get him a beer.
Just because you havent heard of it doesnt mean it doesn't happen....
I suppose you'd rather have the years after Kiffin...then possibly have been good with him...

What your theory on why he hasnt had issues at the other schools??

I can’t believe how many still like the dude. How’s the story go...He wouldn’t take his brother with him to USC and his dad was reluctant to say the least but probably felt obligated since he followed him to Tennessee. Yet his own MOM wouldn’t leave Florida.! HUH 🤔 OH they name there child Knox but then denied that the name had nothing to do with Knoxville or Tennessee 😳...People if that’s not enough right there to see in a persons character then there’s something wrong with your own

Reactions: 08Vol
Let's get over it. Wish Kiffin the worst at poor MSU. Al Davis was right when he said UT made a bad choice hiring him. He'll bolt at the 1st opportunity and MSU, like us, will pay a price. Wish them best of luck for their AD's choice.
That would be hard to do because he's at Ole Miss. Leach is the MSU coach.....

Reactions: 08Vol and Ratvol
Our downfall started by hiring Mike Hamilton and allowing the Haslams to have ANY say is coaching hires/fires. Both are absolute dumb arses.

It sucks that a program can go off the rails by forces outside the team itself. I’d like to blame a single coach too but this was systemic. We had to pull the cancer out and now we have to keep it out and keep on recovering.

Let's get over it. Wish Kiffin the worst at poor MSU. Al Davis was right when he said UT made a bad choice hiring him. He'll bolt at the 1st opportunity and MSU, like us, will pay a price. Wish them best of luck for their AD's choice.
He's going to at least be there long enough to coach Cooper Manning's son.

What NCAA hot water are you talking about? Exaggerate much?

Your anger towards Kiffin needs to be directed at Mike Hamilton for scratching out that weak ass contract and buyout. Kiffin would have been a world beater with Tennessee.

Why did he get fired at USC?

I suspect the NCAA penalized USC WORSE because Mike Garrett hired Kiffin than if Garrett would have hired a more respected coach to replace Pete Carroll. Remember the AA penalized USC extremely harsh after Kiffin was hired. I realize the Kiffin hire shouldn't have influenced the severity of the penalty, but I think it did!

As for UT, I'm glad we finally have a real football coach.

Not sure what year that was, but what were you expecting?
It was 2012, and I think any team that begins the season ranked number 1 expects better than 7-6. After all, scholarship restrictions didn't prevent them from going 10-2 the year before. Kiffin never stays in one job long enough to know what he really is as a head coach. The one constant is that he never meets expectations. He either exceeds or falls woefully short. As for why he had violations here and not at his other stops, I think it's simply that he didn't believe that the Tennessee brand was strong enough, so he was reckless in his attempts to persuade teenagers who had seen multiple losing seasons since our last conference title.

After barely 12 months at Tennessee, Kiffin and Orgeron have us in NCAA hot water and later on minor probation but not a single wimper of trouble while they’re at USC, Alabama or LSU?

Let it go. Why can't whimper ticks just focus on what's good for us in the here and now and leave what was and no longer is alone? We're in a good place now, try to appreciate that.

Reactions: whodeycin85
I moved on from K a few years back. I wish him the worst luck when it comes to playing TN, but other than that, I wish no ill will toward the man.

We should all, not that I'm telling ya'll what to do, move on and look ahead. For the first time in a long time, it feels good around the TN program. GBO!

Reactions: whodeycin85
I'll say it again. Kiffin leaving is not what caused our decade of misery. It was how our horrible administration RESPONDED to Kiffin's departure that caused it. In short, they panicked. Instead of allowing Kippy Brown to serve as interim for one season and conducting a proper coaching search, they went out and made a desperation hire in Dooley, based solely on his family name! If we had had real leadership in our athletic department, all of this could've been avoided! After seeing how quickly Penn State managed to get back up after the Sandusky scandal, that's when I finally realized who was to blame for all this. Because after what went on in Happy Valley, I thought they shouldve shut that program down.

The mere fact Kiffin was hired started the misery.

The mere fact Kiffin was hired started the misery.
Easy to say in hindsight but at the time, Kiffin was unquestionably the "rock star" hire. He brought a lot of buzz and excitement here, dont deny it. Most of us were excited about his brashness and his attitude because he was the antithesis of Fulmer whom I must admit, I was just tired of looking at. I was ready for new blood on the sidelines. At the time I didnt recall talking to very many Vol fans who didnt like hire. Plus you have to admit, despite only winning 7 games, that season under Kiffin was FUN!

Easy to say in hindsight but at the time, Kiffin was unquestionably the "rock star" hire. He brought a lot of buzz and excitement here, dont deny it. Most of us were excited about his brashness and his attitude because he was the antithesis of Fulmer whom I must admit, I was just tired of looking at. I was ready for new blood on the sidelines. At the time I didnt recall talking to very many Vol fans who didnt like hire. Plus you have to admit, despite only winning 7 games, that season under Kiffin was FUN!

No he wasn’t a rock star hire. Let’s be honest, it was because of his dad. Kiffin was a proven loser who should have never been given the opportunity to coach at UT. We had a proven winner who wanted the job. Muffins name should have never been on our board.

Tennessee got in hot water over Hostess gate and gave up a couple scholly if I’m not mistaken.

It doesn’t take much to google Tennessee Hostess Gate.
Kiffy recruited a bunch of thugs that robbed stores, drugs, guns etc... then he bails in the middle off the night. How soon everyone forgets what a douche bag he really is!

VN Store

Back