Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fromm will go first rd. He is going to kill white board sessions with teams. Someone will fall in love and take him. He will be solid nfl qb. Coley just sucks period as an OC.
Wouldn't mind the Packers taking him. Sit behind Rodgers a few years. Don't really think he has the it factor, but he could maybe be a Goff type / system QB with the right coach.

Come on, Bru, u know we didn't let him go to Ole Miss. Can't win 'em all, especially when u already have two 5-star guards and now, Vescovi

Sure we let him go. Meaning we passed. He was a guy we were in on and didn’t have room. I like his quick release more so than VS.
Time will tell who ends up being better

Wouldn't mind the Packers taking him. Sit behind Rodgers a few years. Don't really think he has the it factor, but he could maybe be a Goff type / system QB with the right coach.
Fromm reminds me of another career backup AJ McCarron. good in college surrounded by all 5 stars and mediocre with equal talent on the opposite team.

Much rather GA get him than the Houston QB

From Wake Forest Vol on VQ:

Wake and UT season ticket holder here.
Jaime’s a solid QB but no where near Fromm. It took him until midway through fall practice to beat out Hartman as a starter. Jaime played his worst against Wake’s best opponents. He does move much better than Fromm or any of their recent QBs (except Fields).

6/14 for 41 yards against Clemson
16/35 for 238 against VT
12/27 for 175 against Mich St
14/26 for 214 against UNC

In ACC play he only threw 12 tds and 9 ints.
He’s an above average QB but not the savior they are making him out to be for UGA.

Last edited:
Much rather GA get him than the Houston QB

Wake Forest Vol:

Wake and UT season ticket holder here.
Jaime’s a solid QB but no where near Fromm. It took him until midway through fall practice to beat out Hartman as a starter. Jaime played his worst against Wake’s best opponents. He does move much better than Fromm or any of their recent QBs (except Fields).

6/14 for 41 yards against Clemson
16/35 for 238 against VT
12/27 for 175 against Mich St
14/26 for 214 against UNC

He’s an above average QB but not the savior they are making him out to be for UGA.
How do you rate his running ability?

574 rushing yards. Almost half of that came in two games though, BC and Duke.
admittedly I am basing most of my opinion on him being upgrade on the running aspect. I didn’t watch many of his games but I think a QB that can use his legs some is what GA will need with the new OL next season

Fromm reminds me of another career backup AJ McCarron. good in college surrounded by all 5 stars and mediocre with equal talent on the opposite team.
i don't disagree. His only shot is to sit behind one of the current HoF bound vets and soak up as much knowledge as he can. Packers need somebody for Rodgers to pass the torch to. Getting close to that time. If he wins another SB i think he retires. From interviews i've listened to he doesn't have the same drive and desire to play til he's 40+ like Brees and Brady

Watching the Gator bowl again...🤦‍♂️ JG is soooo..freaking...bad 🤬 I love the kids physical toughness, and that he tries so hard...but for petes sake man..🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Maybe it would be more accurate to say he was really bad in that game?

if not maybe I can say I just rewatched the mizzu game and he was soooo freaking good. Maybe the next Joe Burrow.
Or maybe the Kentucky game and say he was sooooo freaking good

Reactions: Sleegro
admittedly I am basing most of my opinion on him being upgrade on the running aspect. I didn’t watch many of his games but I think a QB that can use his legs some is what GA will need with the new OL next season
Definitely more of a running threat than Fromm, but he's not going to be a Lamar Jackson or anything. Looking at individual games he had 9 carries for 17 yards vs Elon, 12 for 23 vs Syracuse, 9 for 13 against Louisville. In ACC play he only threw 12 tds and 9 ints.

JG has arm talent, he's a tough SOB, and he has a good attitude. I dont believe he has accuracy issues from mechanics. He has timing issues because he appears to hitch and second guess himself prior to a lot of throws.

He's gun shy and he doesn't have the dual threat athleticism to offset that. When things go sideways he typically spirals down and he's not capable of resetting himself mentally barring some external intervention.

He could learn some incredibly difficult skills to acquire and fix his problem or it could persist and his football career will end after next year. Everything I've seen about him would indicate that he's going to try to do his part to get better. That may just not be enough.

Regardless he's a VFL, he did things the right way, and his acquired toughness will weigh to his benefit for whatever comes next for him in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back