Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atlanta might be the most interesting show out there and one of the best. But I get from interactions that not many know about it, which is a shame. A bit similar to Curb in that regard.
It ended.

All we need is a QB to hit them in stride. 👀

Yeah but a few folks on here already making excuses and propping up JG for next year... ridiculous... the kid will be a RS Senior and looked like a wide-eyed frosh in the freakin bowl game... over-threw half a dozen or more wide open players and F'd it up in the redzone three times... not to mention the completely forced interception against a vanilla Indiana team...
sorry guys but I haven't forgotten a single F'up this year each game from him and with Hill, a second year Maurer, and a stud like Bailey coming in, if JG sees the field then what ever happens is all on Pruitt and he should get blasted for it... If the kid has not developed by now, he never ever will. He plays his heart out and I certainly appreciate it, but with the talent a pieces of the puzzle we will now have going into next year, it simply cannot be all wasted by putting this kid in and letting him sling it... No more JJ and Calloway to bail him out...

Any smoke to the rumor we get another transfer from Bama ya’ll?
Someone said that was just a VQ rumor. Tbh, with the prospects of Wideman, Hardy, Beckwith, and Jones visiting, I would be happy to hold on and shoot for the big fish. If we finish below 25, meh.

I'm also going to say this...and most of you will probably say I'm crazy.

By no means am I discrediting the seniors leaving either. But at least on paper I think the WR group in 2020 might end up with better numbers.

WRs as a unit had 138 receptions for 2322 yards (16.8 YPC) and 17 TDs. Callaway/Jennings accounted for 89 receptions 1604 yards & 14 TDs. You return Palmer who was 2nd in receptions on the team, having 4 more than Callaway. You also return Johnson who had a great sophomore year with Jennings out.

You add in Gibbs who has a year in the system, you also add in Jones who Tee coached up for 3 seasons at USC, you bring in the incoming freshman who all have one thing in common SPEED and you also have good young guys who got quality reps last season in Keyton/Tillman.

I don't know if any one WR next year breaks out to have a JJ type season, but I could definitely see the WRs catching more than 138 balls for 2322 yards and 17 TDs.
With the speed we will have at wr I think they will be able to create separation and make things easier for whoever is at QB

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Unless HB is elite I think 8 is a safe bet. JG won't get us 9 wins tbh
Agree. I think it’s wishful thinking for people to expect Bailey to come in here and lead this team to 9 or 10 regular season wins next year. We’re certainly headed in the right direction but the overall talent and depth just isn’t there yet IMO. Now if the coaches bring in a proven grad transfer qb, I might be singing a different tune.

Reactions: Catbone
I know but that's mainly for night fights, maybe Shoney's for morning fights. Someone should do a poll. I will abide by the results of the populace on this site, that's my policy.
There's nothing about Shoney's that says fight. Waffle House is the perfect place morning noon or night Waffle House

Does shoneys exist anymore. Don't think I've seen one in 20 years.
Yeah, They still exists. I got the nickname in high school when Shoney’s and Big Boy’s were the same thing and they had the Big boy as the mascot. My baseball teammates in high school said I looked like the Big Boy at Shoney’s and gave me the nickname, it stuck through college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back