Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know but that's mainly for night fights, maybe Shoney's for morning fights. Someone should do a poll. I will abide by the results of the populace on this site, that's my policy.
There are no polls. It's Waffle House or nothing. Ironclad agreement. Frank gets a cut of the proceeds.

If we got Elite QB play, I think we would have a legit shot to go 10-2 and be in Atlanta.

I think as a team with similar QB play 8-4 is more likely. I think the staff and team grew a lot this past year so I don't see another Georgia State situation happening. The OL even if Cade isn't eligible will be better, Wright and Trey didn't even go through spring camp last year.

Yeah, definitely not apologizing for how we won but can't downplay the extra factor we're losing either.

QB is by far a more important position but Calloway's incredible catches and the dawg factor is a miniature version of losing things Dobbs masked. Without those 2, we NEED the ball to go to someone at/ahead of the marker and placement has to be more catchable to the average receiver.

Watching Tannehill this year, he has impeccable ball placement and it has made such a huge difference over Mariotta. I think our D will be stout enough, but you are correct we need much better QB play.

My theory:

Our solar system is an atom. Galaxies consist of solar systems making them molecules. Planets rotating around suns (nuclei) are electrons.

We, our bodies are made up of atoms (tiny solar systems). Our bodies are made up of billions of tiny galaxies.

Our planet, solar system, galaxy, universe is a molecule/compound of another huge organism.

Hot Take: electrons don't rotate around the nucleous.

Does shoneys exist anymore. Don't think I've seen one in 20 years.
I know there's one on Alcoa Hwy, and one on Chapman Hwy that's currently getting overhauled. They closed the one on Kingston Pike.

If we got Elite QB play, I think we would have a legit shot to go 10-2 and be in Atlanta.

I think as a team with similar QB play 8-4 is more likely. I think the staff and team grew a lot this past year so I don't see another Georgia State situation happening. The OL even if Cade isn't eligible will be better, Wright and Trey didn't even go through spring camp last year.

I'm not much for prognostication, but even if Cade is not awarded immediate eligibility, with the OL that we will have, if we don't have a consistent, punishing rushing attack, it will be the fault of the RBs.
And with the speed that we will have on the perimeter, it will be a real gamble for defenses to sellout to stop the run. Provided we have proficient QB play, of course.
I may be wrong, but I look for us to really maul some defenses next year.

I'm also going to say this...and most of you will probably say I'm crazy.

By no means am I discrediting the seniors leaving either. But at least on paper I think the WR group in 2020 might end up with better numbers.

WRs as a unit had 138 receptions for 2322 yards (16.8 YPC) and 17 TDs. Callaway/Jennings accounted for 89 receptions 1604 yards & 14 TDs. You return Palmer who was 2nd in receptions on the team, having 4 more than Callaway. You also return Johnson who had a great sophomore year with Jennings out.

You add in Gibbs who has a year in the system, you also add in Jones who Tee coached up for 3 seasons at USC, you bring in the incoming freshman who all have one thing in common SPEED and you also have good young guys who got quality reps last season in Keyton/Tillman.

I don't know if any one WR next year breaks out to have a JJ type season, but I could definitely see the WRs catching more than 138 balls for 2322 yards and 17 TDs.
if the qb gets better......agreed. and it's gonna be really hard not to love where Palmer is....that kid really improved imo this season.

the great unknown is gibbs. we've all "heard" about him.........we think we have reason to be excited about him...and if he is what we think he is.....to go a long wiht Tillman and Johnson and Palmer and Keyton.......and V. Jones and any of the young guys that step up...yeah....there's a definite path.

but Palmer's never been the 1....does he step up or kinda go "jordan bowden" on us?

reason for excitement...yes. a question mark til proven otherwise...yes.

Reactions: chargervol
I take everything seriously...because it is. 😠
I picture you as Cameron. :)

GIF-time-ferris-bueller-23235718-500-205.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back