Quarterback

Which qb realistically gives us the best shot to win games in 2020?

• Jarrett Guarantano

Votes: 132 22.8%
  • Harrison Bailey

Votes: 329 56.7%
  • Kasim Hill

Votes: 61 10.5%
  • Brian Maurer

Votes: 134 23.1%
  • JT Shrout

Votes: 22 3.8%

• Total voters
Of course no one knows how HB really is at this juncture. I would love for Jarrett to have the Ah Ha phenomenon and things start clicking but from what we have all seen, his head is all aflutter and unless that changes drastically it will be another year of hoping it will change.

I voted for Bailey just because of the unknown. However, I’d be willing to bet JG transfers and BM starts most of the season.

Which qb realistically gives us the best shot to win games next season?
until proven differently, JG w/ support from BM. To me, 6 QB's on the roster says there's gonna be good opportunity for someone to take the reins 100%. QB by committee (by need and not desire) is not ideal.

Reactions: norrislakevol
Jimmy Holiday
I'd love to see him line up at WR and hit Palmer or Johnson with that jet sweep-pass trick play Chaney had J. Jennings try a few times last year.

Or....

BM/JG/HB under center. Hill & Holiday in the backfield. Triple option flea flicker!!!

Reactions: Ratvol
I think the two transfers will be JG and Shrout but who knows. BM may see the writing on the wall as well.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Whoever the coaches believe will give us the best chance to get the WIN.

It might be a different QB from week to week depending on who we play that week.

Nobody really knows but it's going to be fun watching all these QB's work to get better and prove that they deserve to be given playing time to prove what they can do in a real game.

I just want more and more WINS!

VFL...GBO!!!

I would have voted for the combo of (No particular order):
Harrison Bailey
Jarrett Guarantano
Brian Maurer

But Maurer has not shown:
A) Accuracy - 46% completions, 2 TD vs 5 INT ratio
B) Ability to not get hurt when on the field for anything approaching a full half, little less an entire game.

Just went HB, JG even though Jimmy Holiday or Kasim Hill could make the competition very interesting.

That is a tought question. On opening day, JG. From week 4 on, HB. Holiday might be a good enough runner to confuse some defenses and all he needs is a step to go all the way. If he can throw a lick, he could surprise lot of people. Both he and HB are EEs so they have the off season, Spring practice and Fall practice to learn the offense. I realize that they will not learn the speed of the game until they face the real firing squad, but one can get a pretty good idea of how they are progressing by mid October.

Whoever Pruitt picks is the real answer. Still, in my heart of hearts, I think we are going to be pleasantly surprised when the Kasim Hill of beans is the top mound.

Reactions: FLVOL_79

VN Store

Back