Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you on this. I see zero "sure things" out there and programs doing better ( like Ga yuck) will get 1st pick among the "fairly decent". Hate it but it's a QB's last shot to shine and I can't blame them for going the established route.

This leaves us with lower end "decently good" that has to learn our offense or needs some work, etc.. which I believe already describes some in our QB room.

With no sure things available, were just burning a spot ala Chryst and raising the potential of a transfer.
But Chryst was actually needed for depth. This cycle, we would just be trading apples for apples but losing a spot, imo.
agreed!

Reactions: chargervol
I couldn't stay interested post Ragnar. Those early seasons though were bitchin.
i was skeptical as well. but i admired the nutz it took to do what they did with several main characters, including Ragnar, and keep going. it's been good still. but i can't get myself to tell you it's AS good......

Reactions: bignewt and Sleegro
Ha. I love a good conspiracy theory. I just prefer the ones that don't throw out awesome human achievements that are so easily verifiable.

There has been a lot written on the matter, and what some with knowledge of the subject have said is that it would have been easier to go there than to fake a film of it with 1960s technology. There are also the thousands who worked on the project, the thousands who witnessed the launches. There are the dozen that walked on the moon and the others that orbited.

And there's also the little USSR problem. The US was racing the Soviet Union at the time. To think the Soviets would have kept silent about a fake landing is absurd. They had the technology and telemetry capability to verify the journey. They would have loved to embarrass the US by catching them in a fake.

And, yes, dangerous from the standpoint that too many people are easily swayed by the tiniest "evidence" despite the overwhelming amount in the other direction. This problem is seen all over the place today.

Question things. Question lots of things, but don't give in to the crap conspiracies. At least save yourself for the good ones.

They don't bother me, may find it a little silly but not bothered.
But I fully understand why someone like Buzz Aldrin, that dedicated so much and earned more respect than that, might rearrange someone's septum when they go too far 👀😅

Respect.

giphy-13.gif

Yes. Kind of fitting that this occurred there :)
great minds think alike...

if it was Rockin' on the River. I was there. Ended up in Marshall County that night. 🤔😬
Good night, ill just leave it there.

Edit: Looking glass: after a long day of fly fishing, fighting the gorge... the place to watch conventional guys school you w/white grub...3 3 lbers within 10 minutes.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
They don't bother me, may find it a little silly but not bothered.
But I fully understand why someone like Buzz Aldrin, that dedicated so much and earned more respect than that, might rearrange someone's septum when they go too far 👀😅

Respect.

View attachment 253403
Buzz suffers no fools.

giphy.gif

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Fascinating tidbit from the Volquest Podcast today: According to one of their sources at Missouri, there is no way that they can fire Cuonzo Martin after this year. Apparently, because he made the NCAA tourney his first year, a clause in his contracts makes it much more costly to fire him. I have nothing against Cuonzo, but I do enjoy proving everyone wrong about his coaching abilities. Honestly, I was shocked that Barry Odom was fired before Cuonzo.

Fascinating tidbit from the Volquest Podcast today: According to one of their sources at Missouri, there is no way that they can fire Cuonzo Martin after this year. Apparently, because he made the NCAA tourney his first year, a clause in his contracts makes it much more costly to fire him. I have nothing against Cuonzo, but I do enjoy proving everyone wrong about his coaching abilities. Honestly, I was shocked that Barry Odom was fired before Cuonzo.
Brought to you from makers of Eli Drinkwitz for $3 million.

Sorry if I'm a little emotional right now. Just watching the Lil Sebastian memorial service episode of Parks n Rec right now. Speaking of some of our favorite screen writers, Michael Schur is another of mine. Parks n Rec, The Office, The Good Place. So good.

I have cried twice in my life. Once when I was seven and I was hit by a school bus, and again when I heard Lil' Sebastian had passed. RIP Lil' Sebastian. A lil 5 thousand candles in the wind for Lil Sebastian.

Sorry if I'm a little emotional right now. Just watching the Lil Sebastian memorial service episode of Parks n Rec right now. Speaking of some of our favorite screen writers, Michael Schur is another of mine. Parks n Rec, The Office, The Good Place. So good.

I have cried twice in my life. Once when I was seven and I was hit by a school bus, and again when I heard Lil' Sebastian had passed. RIP Lil' Sebastian. A lil 5 thousand candles in the wind for Lil Sebastian.

Don't sleep on Brooklyn Nine-Nine either bro.

“When I walked in this morning, and saw the flag was at half mast, I thought "alright another bureaucrat ate it."

But then I found out it was Li’l Sebastian.

Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.”

The word going around is that Kentucky running back AJ Rose is going to possibly enter the Transfer Portal. He would be a nice addition to the depth Tennessee has at running back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back