USC Grad Transfer WR Velus Jones Jr a Vol

Wow...what is going on around here?
A bunch of the receivers and a few of the special teams guys got together at a secret meeting over lunch with Jones at Wendy’s on Lovell Rd and convinced him to come. This was actually a done deal the day after our bowl game last week where the players that attended the lunch meeting above flew back to Knox on a red eye and got Jones to buy in. That’s what I was hearing with my updates.

P.S. You deserve that. 😎

Seems to me, with the new transfer portal it's going to be hard to keep 85 on scholarship. I mean you lose too many to transfer and you're not getting your numbers back in a year's time. Something needs to give there.

Seems to me, with the new transfer portal it's going to be hard to keep 85 on scholarship. I mean you lose too many to transfer and you're not getting your numbers back in a year's time. Something needs to give there.
It balances out.

How? Will this Tennessee team next year be at the 85 or less? I don't follow it closely enough..
There will be some juggling to get us under 85. It’s a subject every season.

He was extremely non-productive during his many years at USC. Did they really have so much depth at the position for multiple years that he was never able to get into the rotation?

Reactions: RockyTopTexas
Velus Jones finished his career at USC with the same amount of kick returns as Adoree Jackson, but finished 200 yards behind him in career total. Just goes to show yall how capable he is as a KR. He's 2nd in USC's total career KR yards w/ 1900+ yards. Took one 100 yards in 2019.

Reactions: Lane Train 4
Whoops. Doesn't surprise me. Can you point me in the right direction?
See my post above you. 1900 yards as a KR at USC. Took one 100 yards this yr, had another one that game that was called back. He's pure straight line speed - not *quite* Evan Berry fast nor the same wiggle Adoree Jackson had but if he gets a crease he's gone. This is a guy you want on your team.

Reactions: VolforFootball
See my post above you. 1900 yards as a KR at USC. Took one 100 yards this yr, had another one that game that was called back. He's pure straight line speed - not *quite* Evan Berry fast nor the same wiggle Adoree Jackson had but if he gets a crease he's gone. This is a guy you want on your team.
Very nice! Thank you

VN Store

Back