Mike Leach to Miss. St.

MSU gonna make some noise in a few years but there's a cap at that program

Reactions: alaVOL
Pirate will make it fun for the cowbells. They aren't going to win more than 8 games in West with 6-7 being the norm, so why not have fun. Pirate will lose some he shouldn't and win some he shouldn't. Boring he is not though.

Mike Price had a better run at Washington St, and this record is mediocre at best

he had 1 miracle year at Texas Tech when a hail mary beat Texas and he STILL didn't win any titles, and he had one decent year at Washington St where he played a soft schedule and STILL couldnt win the division because he was 1-6 alltime vs his rival...

2000 - 7-6
2001 - 7-5
2002 - 9-5
2003 - 8-5
2004 - 8-4
2005 - 9-3
2006 - 8-5
2007 - 9-4
2008 - 11-2
2009 - 8-4
then fired

2012 - 3-9
2013 - 6-7
2014 - 3-9
2015 - 9-4
2016 - 8-5
2017 - 9-4
2018 - 11-2
2019 - 6-7
donors pulled donations because of him, on hot seat left for Mississippi State
Looks like years ending “8” are good for him. Let’s hire him in 2027/2028 and then let him go the next year. Pruitt will be ready to retire then anyway after winning 6 NC’s in a row.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Looks like years ending “8” are good for him. Let’s hire him in 2027/2028 and then let him go the next year. Pruitt will be ready to retire then after winning 6 NC’s in a row.
People who pine for an average coach who can’t recruit and is good for one decent season every 8 years or so because he is sometimes funny in interviews? Dumb

Mike Price had a better run at Washington St, and this record is mediocre at best

he had 1 miracle year at Texas Tech when a hail mary beat Texas and he STILL didn't win any titles, and he had one decent year at Washington St where he played a soft schedule and STILL couldnt win the division because he was 1-6 alltime vs his rival...

2000 - 7-6
2001 - 7-5
2002 - 9-5
2003 - 8-5
2004 - 8-4
2005 - 9-3
2006 - 8-5
2007 - 9-4
2008 - 11-2
2009 - 8-4
then fired

2012 - 3-9
2013 - 6-7
2014 - 3-9
2015 - 9-4
2016 - 8-5
2017 - 9-4
2018 - 11-2
2019 - 6-7
donors pulled donations because of him, on hot seat left for Mississippi State
If you think that Mike Leach was on the hot seat, then you’re an imbecile. He was two more losing seasons away from being on the hot seat. And lol at you saying he had one decent season at WASU. The guy took over a trash program and had four years where he won at least 8 games.

Last edited:
If you think that Mike Leach was on the hot seat, then you’re an imbecile. He was two more losing seasons away from being on the hot seat. And lol at you saying he had one decent season at WASU. The guy took over a trash program and and had a four years where he won at least 8 games.
And was 5-3 vs FCS schools while there. A true coaching legend. Washington St had accomplished more the previous decade than he did. He is a coach who
- can’t recruit
- can’t get a major program to sniff him
- has pissed off donors and AD and fans everywhere he has went
- makes excuses
- never has won a division title
- never has won a major bowl
- consistently loses 4-9 games a season even though he plays some of the weakest schedules in the country

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
And was 5-3 vs FCS schools while there. A true coaching legend. Washington St had accomplished more the previous decade than he did. He is a coach who
- can’t recruit
- can’t get a major program to sniff him
- has pissed off donors and AD and fans everywhere he has went
- makes excuses
- never has won a division title
- never has won a major bowl
- consistently loses 4-9 games a season even though he plays some of the weakest schedules in the country
Accomplished more? In the 10 years before him WASU won 48 games. Leach won 55 in 8 years. Paul Wulff nearly destroyed the program. Bill Doba didn’t help matters either.

Last edited:
I did and I’m not ashamed of it! I’m actually an MSU grad. Born and raised here and now raising my family here. I just went to pull out my maroon pants but remembered that I donated them to Goodwill. Oh well I’ll get some more!! #hailstate
There’s a QB headed your way from Fayette Academy in Somerville Tn. His grandfather played at Ms. State and his dad played for Memphis. His name is Rube Scott Rhea. I’ve watched him grow up and followed his HS career. He’s a very smart kid and quick as a cat. Watch for him.

Reactions: azVolFan
I think he can do roughly what Mullen did there. Win 7-8 games, 9-10 from time to time. He'll get the money at Mississippi State to hire a solid DC. I thought they were crazy for firing Morehead 2 years in, but with this hire it makes sense.

I think he can do roughly what Mullen did there. Win 7-8 games, 9-10 from time to time. He'll get the money at Mississippi State to hire a solid DC. I thought they were crazy for firing Morehead 2 years in, but with this hire it makes sense.
Who knows. Saban seems to have lost a step with his constant staff turnover. I have a hard time believing that LSU is sustainable at its present level. Auburn looks like they're about ready to blow themselves up again if Gus doesn't get back to SECCG. The West may be wide open soon.

Reactions: UTwild82

VN Store

Back