'18 TN OL/DL Cade Mays (Transfer)

Not even gonna bother saying anything. Forget insider status.. the guy was a big contributor financially in saving the life of a child thru VN and could do so again.

But some would rather run him off out of pettiness, than to see it happen. There's really nothing you can say to people like that.
Sad more than anything.🙁
Don't let them bother you, @chargervol.

Ima just sit back and...

source.gif

You can talk about it all you want, but he's hasn't graduated yet.

Now that he already transferred, we don't even have to bring up graduation now. We just have to discuss hardship waiver. Position coach leaving, family, and a whole host of other factors we don't know about are currently being looked at by UT Athletics Compliance.

Proof AV isn't some nobody and is very connected to UT

Don’t count out the bigger coming back as well.
Is there a Cade mays thread somewhere still? If so can someone bump it so I can find it.
Transfer is realistically in play. Heard it straight from the horses mouth...Our Clydesdale.
Its over.....we win.
Oops...bad info there
Making a major push to but I believe the Oregon pull will be too much to overcome here regardless.

Further proof he is connected and that he is a very generous person and a true VFL:

Taking all three of my girls (4, including Mrs. ob79) to the game this weekend, courtesy of @Atlanta VOL. First game for my middle and youngest. Just FYI, for those who doubt him...don't.

Prepare for cuteness overload because I'm taking a lot of pictures and posting them here.
I have been looking forward to the moment when I could finally meet Ashlee for quite some time now. It will be an honor and a privilege to host you and your family this weekend. Rest assured I have a few things up my sleeve for this momentous occasion.
Just met, shook hands with Neids and Sherrer. On the field.

I'm in heaven.
Me and Ashlee, just before meeting the coaches.
Y'all. Y'all. Y'all.

Y'all.

Holy crap. Today has been awesome.
She's too young to fully understand but she knows all too well about her surgeries and doctor visits and how sick she was. We have told her all about what (and it feels weird referring to them as their screen names on here, since I know them personally) @volatil, @Atlanta VOL and all of VolNation did for us.

Her sisters understand a lot more than she does, especially my oldest, she was the only one old enough to remember. She had a great time, they all did. I don't want to go in specifics but, suffice to say I get asked all the time when we're getting a boat now 😂.

I don't know if we were able to completely articulate just how grateful we were for everything to AV, but we tried to make sure the girls did. We were in awe all day. I've attended games every year for over 20 years, including 2 of them as a student....first time I've ever set foot on the field. I was on cloud 9. My mind exploded when we went through the tunnel and walked onto the field. The girls just thought it was normal to go to a game like that, it was my youngest two's first game--how would they know any different?? AV was just hanging out with coaches like it was normal and introduced us to them like longtime friends.

Mind. Blown.

I'm pretty sure I embarrassed myself. The whole day was surreal. I've been in Neyland 100's of times...but not like that. We felt completely undeserving of all of it. We're still able to kiss our little girl every. single. day. That's more than enough and more than we deserve.

Also...

Ashlee just had her annual checkup with her cardiologist...and actually showed improved numbers from last year!

My girl's a tough, tough fighter.

AV...thank you again for everything.

Last edited:
Sorry boys. This just is not going to happen. Just like it didn't happen last spring when you had deluded yourselves into thinking Mays was transferring to the vols.
200.gif
OOPS

VN Store

Back