'18 TN OL/DL Cade Mays (Transfer)

My last word (I hope) in this recruitment is people do not realize how hard it is to recruit a kid that grew up in the shadow of a university. Kids want something different whether they grew up in a paradise like Hawaii or a dump like Columbus. Its far easier to recruit the state in an area like Nashville because it is a few hours drive and for a kid that is getting away and being their own man while still playing for the state. Who truly wants to go to college in the town they grew up in? That would suck. A man needs to blaze his own trail. I do not fault Cade, nor Tee for wanting something different, heck I bet I would too if I was raised here. Cade picking Georgia is kinda nasty but hey, its only football so whatever just expect the Vols to come after him a little harder when he finally sees the field.

In conclusion, I want Volunteers if they are from Tennessee great, if not, great. I do not expect a Knoxville kid, especially a blue chip prospect who has offers from everywhere, to stay in the town he grew up in to experience college. Newt out.

Don’t disagree, but said kid don’t commit and remain committed for his entire HS career and even help recruit others to the said university and then all of a sudden in the 12th hour have a drastic change of heart and then flip bat **** crazy on the once beloved university!! But that’s just my opinion

Reactions: 5 people
My last word (I hope) in this recruitment is people do not realize how hard it is to recruit a kid that grew up in the shadow of a university. Kids want something different whether they grew up in a paradise like Hawaii or a dump like Columbus. Its far easier to recruit the state in an area like Nashville because it is a few hours drive and for a kid that is getting away and being their own man while still playing for the state. Who truly wants to go to college in the town they grew up in? That would suck. A man needs to blaze his own trail. I do not fault Cade, nor Tee for wanting something different, heck I bet I would too if I was raised here. Cade picking Georgia is kinda nasty but hey, its only football so whatever just expect the Vols to come after him a little harder when he finally sees the field.

In conclusion, I want Volunteers if they are from Tennessee great, if not, great. I do not expect a Knoxville kid, especially a blue chip prospect who has offers from everywhere, to stay in the town he grew up in to experience college. Newt out.

It's not what he did, it's how he did it.:hi:

Reactions: 2 people
And don’t worry errbody. I’ll bump this thread when it’s time to burn off the thatch from your zoysia

Let me know if you get the itch to get rid of some. I’m going to try to burn it, think late February/early March? Starts turning green around mid to late March.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

VN Store

Back