'18 TN OL/DL Cade Mays (Transfer)

ImperfectWindingAlbatross-size_restricted.gif

I know Kevin is and was supportive of Cade while at UGA like any good Father would be, but I gotta believe that ole Dad is smiling from ear to ear and thinking that all is right and things are as they always should have been with both his boys having that orange Power T on their helmet just like he did.

In some ways. I know plenty of people think he dropped Tennessee because they fired Butch, but he was gone no matter what. He started opening up his recruitment behind the scenes when the season really started to head south. Pittman never quit recruiting him and that relationship alone is what won out. He didn't give Pruitt a chance because he was already heavily leaning to UGA and had got it in his mind that he wanted to play for a Championship contender...hence the Clemson interest.
Because of the performance Butch was putting on the field that season.

In some ways. I know plenty of people think he dropped Tennessee because they fired Butch, but he was gone no matter what. He started opening up his recruitment behind the scenes when the season really started to head south. Pittman never quit recruiting him and that relationship alone is what won out. He didn't give Pruitt a chance because he was already heavily leaning to UGA and had got it in his mind that he wanted to play for a Championship contender...hence the Clemson interest.

Cade and his dad had a really good relationship with Butch.

Apparently he didn’t like the way the fan base treated Butch when he was on his way out the door hence why he tweeted out “f*** Tennessee”.

Reactions: OrangenSC
I’d say he tries. Close to home? Check ...I’d use the coach leaving as the excuse to transfer
the other thing, and i don't necessarily know if this will matter, but on the surface, it probably could....look at how many kids have left that program...is something up that we don't know about? why all the transfers?

i think we think we know the answer, but in the case of Mays...he played. was likely gonna start, so playing time issues probably aren't the real issue with him.

feels like this may be one that the homework has been done on..........

Ready for the people who will conveniently not acknowledge AV being right on this before the next recruit lies to him or the staff.

Not even gonna bother saying anything. Forget insider status.. the guy was a big contributor financially in saving the life of a child thru VN and could do so again.

But some would rather run him off out of pettiness, than to see it happen. There's really nothing you can say to people like that.
Sad more than anything.🙁

Butch had been fired. As VQ guys said, timing of Pruitt's hire was an issue. If Pruitt had any decent time to recruit him, he probably comes to UT.
He opened his recruitment before But h was fired it had a lot to do with the performance Butch was displaying on the field.

VN Store

Back