Jeopardy

I've thought Brad Rutter would be ideal for a while now. With how game shows work currently we'll get a washed up comedian instead.

I don't really like Brad for it. I'm a fan of his as a player simply because he's the GOAT but he comes across a little douchey to me.

I think James would be a great choice.

Ben Stein wouldn’t be bad, you need someone that isn’t going to make it about themselves and Jeopardy presents itself as a bit more austere than other game shows. I think Alex is a great host because he doesn’t get in the way and to me growing up it seemed like he was smart enough to know most of the answers. So a thinking man’s game with an intelligent person hosting. I hope identity politics don’t pollute the selection but they probably will. Maybe Alex will make a statement that he’s been a trans lesbian Pacific Islander this whole time.

I think James would be a great choice.

Ben Stein wouldn’t be bad, you need someone that isn’t going to make it about themselves and Jeopardy presents itself as a bit more austere than other game shows. I think Alex is a great host because he doesn’t get in the way and to me growing up it seemed like he was smart enough to know most of the answers. So a thinking man’s game with an intelligent person hosting. I hope identity politics don’t pollute the selection but they probably will. Maybe Alex will make a statement that he’s been a trans lesbian Pacific Islander this whole time.

For God's sakes, can we talk about the next Jeopardy host without everybody weighing in on how much they bemoan pushes for inclusion? People cry about this **** so much that the complaining has become more unbearable than the actual problem. We gotta hear the complaints (multiple ITT) and it's not even an issue in this case.

Relax. It's a show for old white people. They're not going to rock the boat. They'll find someone that fits the brand

For God's sakes, can we talk about the next Jeopardy host without everybody weighing in on how much they bemoan pushes for inclusion? People cry about this **** so much that the complaining has become more unbearable than the actual problem. We gotta hear the complaints (multiple ITT) and it's not even an issue in this case.

Relax. It's a show for old white people. They're not going to rock the boat. They'll find someone that fits the brand
I can’t relax, I’m so infuriated all the time wondering how NBC will screw up this show with their SJW agenda.

My money is on James

Definitely possible, especially given that Brad hasn't actually played James yet. My assumption was based on Brad consistently usurping Ken and my perceived superiority of Ken's knowledge base relative to that of James.

In any event, I'm glad that ABC approached Jeopardy! about this quickly so that Alex would be able to host this challenge.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol and MAD
Definitely possible, especially given that Brad hasn't actually played James yet. My assumption was based on Brad consistently usurping Ken and my perceived superiority of Ken's knowledge base relative to that of James.

In any event, I'm glad that ABC approached Jeopardy! about this quickly so that Alex would be able to host this challenge.

I feel like James is the Kobiyashi of Jeopardy. He's not the most talented, but his methods are superior. The problem with Kobiayshi is his methods could easily be copied by Joey Chestnut, who is more talented. James' tactics can easily be copied by Ken and Brad. He can still beat them, because everybody is rolling the dice more and that can create wonky results, but I believe they have more talent.

I feel like James is the Kobiyashi of Jeopardy. He's not the most talented, but his methods are superior. The problem with Kobiayshi is his methods could easily be copied by Joey Chestnut, who is more talented. James' tactics can easily be copied by Ken and Brad. He can still beat them, because everybody is rolling the dice more and that can create wonky results, but I believe they have more talent.
You made an analogy of Jeopardy strategy and contestants to a hot dog eating contest. You get a like.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
What a battle! I don't think anyone missed a question in the first match. Bittersweet show, really, knowing Trebeck's condition.

Brad's getting left in the dust. Ken needs this the most for his legacy, and he's bringing it.

I feel sick seeing Trebek. He looks bloated and they put so much makeup around the lower half of his face. It looks like they're covering up purple skin. It makes me cringe looking at him.

VN Store

Back