CFN Projects the Vols ranked 25th in the coaches poll

They barely lost to us. Did they lose to an FCS team?

No, and neither did UT.

UK lost to UT at home. UK also lost to Miss State and South Carolina. UK didn't beat anybody that UT lost to. UK played Arkansas and Miss State from the SECWest while UT played Bama and Miss State, yet UT finished ahead of UK in the conference standings.

I don't think the Vols will be ranked in the final polls. Just outside the Top 25.

Last edited:
Dude...that was the first game of the year ....we've had 12 since then....totally different team....but you go ahead and keep deepthroating and regurgitating that loss...you obviously like doing that.
Also...please remind me what FCS team UT lost to this past year? I'll wait...
Lol. My bad. They arent FCS. I assumed a team with only barely over a decade of actually having a team would be an FCS school.

Like previously stated, you might want to pretend that loss didn't happen but it did and it factors into this pretend ranking your drooling over. Wins and Losses..that determines your ranking, not your feelings.

Lol. My bad. They arent FCS. I assumed a team with only barely over a decade of actually having a team would be an FCS school.

Like previously stated, you might want to pretend that loss didn't happen but it did and it factors into this pretend ranking your drooling over. Wins and Losses..that determines your ranking, not your feelings.

Actually you’re arguing that W-L doesn’t really matter that much. You say UK deserves to be ahead of UT, but:

UT 8-5, 5-3 SEC
UK 8-5, 3-5 SEC

So this pretend ranking isn’t actually based off W-L.

Really! Six teams from that crappy little 10 conference in the top 15 despite ANOTHER poor bowl showing winning only 4 of 9 games while the SEC gets only four teams in the top 15 after having won 7 of 9 bowl games ... BS!

Some biases never change.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Actually you’re arguing that W-L doesn’t really matter that much. You say UK deserves to be ahead of UT, but:

UT 8-5, 5-3 SEC
UK 8-5, 3-5 SEC

So this pretend ranking isn’t actually based off W-L.
I'm not saying UK deserves to be ahead of UT, those are your words not mine. I'm saying this MIGHT be why they are ahead of UT. Good lord.

Again, look at who beat UK, then look at who beat UT. I'm amazed that some of yall think losing to BYU and GA State wasn't going to haunt this team all year.

I'm not saying UK deserves to be ahead of UT, those are your words not mine. I'm saying this MIGHT be why they are ahead of UT. Good lord.

Again, look at who beat UK, then look at who beat UT. I'm amazed that some of yall think losing to BYU and GA State wasn't going to haunt this team all year.
Byu is not a bad team and they both went bowling.

Reactions: lexkyvol
Well, Tennessee will always be no.#1 in my book. Yea, yea, yea I know, we’re talking about the top 25.🤔🙄

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Meh, who cares? There real news is Florida going 21-5 in the 2 years since Mullen was hired is pretty amazing!!!!!

Lol.

Reactions: rocytop2624
Not sure how Kentucky would be ranked ahead of us. We beat them and they lost to two common opponents that we beat.

Nonetheless if this can come to fruition that's great momentum heading into the spring.

Reactions: lexkyvol
This us how a team is ranked as of the end of the yr....not how they were in Sept. Clearly we're the better team as of January

Looking at the bowl games, coming from behind in the last 5 mins and winning by 1 point does not show that.

Tennessee & Ky played the same SEC schedule except Tennessee played Alabama, one of the best teams in the country & Ky played Arkansas, one of the worst teams in the country. Tennessee had a better SEC record than Ky despite that.

Its BYU and GSU..they should always get curbed stomped by any SEC team.
GSU yea we should have won. BYU has history and we should have won but the team learned from both those games. The BYU loss helped the Vols beat Kentucky at the end and it helped against Indiana. I would say historically Byu is better than Indiana.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
GSU yea we should have won. BYU has history and we should have won but the team learned from both those games. The BYU loss helped the Vols beat Kentucky at the end and it helped against Indiana. I would say historically Byu is better than Indiana.

How did losing to BYU affect the Kentucky and Bowl games?

So? They didn't lose an FCS team. As much as yall want to pretend the Ga State game didnt happen, it did, and that factors into things like this ranking.

Yeah but they were dominated by 4-8 SCAR who we beeotch-slapped!
They also received an arse whippin from MissSt who we spanked.
They were only 3-5 in SEC; we were 5-3.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
The polls are fluid. This isn't September, its January, poll is to reflect the top 25 teams at this time, not 3 months ago. I believe UT is one of the best 25 teams playing now. Is there anyone that thinks Ga State would come into Neyland stadium next week and beat Tennessee? If coaches and media think we are now a top 25 team, after 6 straight wins, it's fine by me! GBO

VN Store

Back