Staff member
SIAP.

Coaches Poll Top 25 Projection: Final 2019 Prediction

25. Tennessee Volunteers 8-5 (NR)
24. Texas Longhorns 8-5 (NR)
23. Kentucky Wildcats 8-5 (NR)
22. Air Force 11-2 (24)
21. Navy Midshipmen 11-2 (21)
20. Appalachian State Mountaineers 12-1 (20)
19. Cincinnati Bearcats 11-3 (22)
18. Utah Utes 11-3 (10)
17. Memphis Tigers 12-2 (15)
16. Auburn Tigers 9-4 (13)
15. Iowa Hawkeyes 10-3 (19)
14. Michigan Wolverines 9-4 (17)
13. Baylor Bears 11-3 (8)
12. Minnesota Golden Gophers 11-2 (16)
11. Notre Dame Fighting Irish 11-2 (14)
10. Wisconsin Badgers 10-4 (11)
9. Penn State Nittany Lions 11-2 (12)
8. Oklahoma Sooners 12-2 (4)
7. Alabama Crimson Tide 11-2 (9)
6. Florida Gators 11-2 (7)
5. Oregon Ducks 12-2 (6)
4. Georgia Bulldogs 12-2 (5)
3. Ohio State Buckeyes 13-1 (2)
1/2. Clemson Tigers 14-0 (3)
1/2. LSU Tigers 14-0 (1)

SIAP.

Coaches Poll Top 25 Projection: Final 2019 Prediction

25. Tennessee Volunteers 8-5 (NR)
24. Texas Longhorns 8-5 (NR)
23. Kentucky Wildcats 8-5 (NR)
22. Air Force 11-2 (24)
21. Navy Midshipmen 11-2 (21)
20. Appalachian State Mountaineers 12-1 (20)
19. Cincinnati Bearcats 11-3 (22)
18. Utah Utes 11-3 (10)
17. Memphis Tigers 12-2 (15)
16. Auburn Tigers 9-4 (13)
15. Iowa Hawkeyes 10-3 (19)
14. Michigan Wolverines 9-4 (17)
13. Baylor Bears 11-3 (8)
12. Minnesota Golden Gophers 11-2 (16)
11. Notre Dame Fighting Irish 11-2 (14)
10. Wisconsin Badgers 10-4 (11)
9. Penn State Nittany Lions 11-2 (12)
8. Oklahoma Sooners 12-2 (4)
7. Alabama Crimson Tide 11-2 (9)
6. Florida Gators 11-2 (7)
5. Oregon Ducks 12-2 (6)
4. Georgia Bulldogs 12-2 (5)
3. Ohio State Buckeyes 13-1 (2)
1/2. Clemson Tigers 14-0 (3)
1/2. LSU Tigers 14-0 (1)
th9JJQ7H3J.jpgth6I2QM4TJ.jpg

Heh, Freak, look what you've started. Lots of folks here seem to be thinking we're actually ranked now. :)

For everyone else who've posted thus far: this is no different than me, or Behr, or anyone else saying, "I think we're gonna be #25 when the Coaches' Poll comes out". That's all this is, is someone's guess at what might happen. The polls haven't been updated, and won't until after the NCG.

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
Heh, Freak, look what you've started. Lots of folks here seem to be thinking we're actually ranked now. :)

For everyone else who've posted thus far: this is no different than me, or Behr, or anyone else saying, "I think we're gonna be #25 when the Coaches' Poll comes out". That's all this is, is someone's guess at what might happen. The polls haven't been updated, and won't until after the NCG.
I think Tennessee will be ranked in the Top 25 when the Coaches Poll comes out:cool: Tennessee should be ranked ahead of Kentucky whom they beat in Lexington:rolleyes:

Here's a bit of analysis on the poll voters' options.

First, let's save spots for all teams in FBS who have 2 or fewer losses, no matter how hard or weak their schedule. Getting to 11-2 or better is certainly worthy of getting into the polls:

0-loss teams: LSU and Clemson
1-loss teams: Ohio State and Appalachian State
2-loss teams: Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Oklahoma, Penn State, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Oregon, Memphis, Navy, Boise State, Air Force

So that's 16 of the 25 top spots taken by those programs.

From here on, we eliminate the Group of 5 programs because their schedules are relatively speaking so much weaker than the Power 5 teams--with one exception. We need to include 3-loss Florida Atlantic, because they both won their conference championship AND won their bowl game. They will almost certainly be ranked.

So 17 spots taken.

Now let's add the Power 5 programs who only had 3 or 4 losses:

3-loss teams: Baylor, Iowa, Utah
4-loss teams: Auburn, Michigan, Wisconsin

That's 6 more. Now we're up to 23 spots filled. Only two spots available. So who do we pick among these 5-loss teams?

ACC: Virginia, Virginia Tech, Louisville, Wake Forest, Pitt
B12: Texas, Oklahoma State, Kansas State
B10: Indiana
PAC: Washington, California, USC, Arizona State
SEC: Tennessee, Kentucky, A&M

If it's me, I'm picking A&M for sure. They were solid in their bowl win. The other spot could be Tennessee, but more likely will be Washington, who ripped #19 Boise State apart in their bowl.

Yeah...I remain doubtful the Vols will be ranked by the AP or Coaches. Though the opportunity is there.

Go Vols!

First, let's save spots for all teams in FBS who have 2 or fewer losses, no matter how hard or weak their schedule. Getting to 11-2 or better is certainly worthy of getting into the polls:

2-loss teams: Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Oklahoma, Penn State, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Oregon, Memphis, Navy, Boise State, Air Force

From here on, we eliminate the Group of 5 programs because their schedules are relatively speaking so much weaker than the Power 5 teams--with one exception. We need to include 3-loss Florida Atlantic, because they both won their conference championship AND won their bowl game. They will almost certainly be ranked.

So 17 spots taken.

That's 6 more. Now we're up to 23 spots filled. Only two spots available. So who do we pick among these 5-loss teams?

If it's me, I'm picking A&M for sure. They were solid in their bowl win. The other spot could be Tennessee, but more likely will be Washington, who ripped #19 Boise State apart in their bowl.

Yeah...I remain doubtful the Vols will be ranked by the AP or Coaches. Though the opportunity is there.

Go Vols!
Learn to enjoy something! I think Tennessee will probably be ranked #25.

So 17 spots taken.

Go Vols!

I would choose Washington, and then I think you could flip a coin for A&M/Tennessee to get the last spot. I think your analysis is pretty spot on.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
The team will be the same if we are in top 25 or just outside.
I mean it would just be mythical bragging rights and with UK in front of us not sure it would be legit.
Lets buckle up win the East next year that is a undeniable ranking.

I wouldn't be so quick to eliminate Cincinnati. Sure they had 3 losses but two were to the same team (Memphis), once in a playoff game that most teams didn't have to play. Admittedly their Bowl opponent mailed it in

Reactions: GoBigOrangeVols
I wouldn't be so quick to eliminate Cincinnati. Sure they had 3 losses but two were to the same team (Memphis), once in a playoff game that most teams didn't have to play. Admittedly their Bowl opponent mailed it in

You're right, Ray, they could make the Top 25. They are Group of 5, though, and didn't win their conference championship. With 3 losses, that would normally be enough to knock them out of the rankings. We'll just have to see.

They barely lost to us. Did they lose to an FCS team?
Dude...that was the first game of the year ....we've had 12 since then....totally different team....but you go ahead and keep deepthroating and regurgitating that loss...you obviously like doing that.
Also...please remind me what FCS team UT lost to this past year? I'll wait...

Reactions: lexkyvol

VN Store

Back