SEC Today

Volfan2012

Every SEC team opens play today and here are the games and times:

Missouri at Tennessee 5 EST Taking Tennessee to win this one 75 to 59. Missouri has three five star players in the starting lineup but thus far they have not played up to that level nor has the Missouri team. Hopefully that last for another game.

Kentucky at South Carolina 7 EST This is probably the most competitive game on the schedule today. I think Kentucky will give SC a game but expect SC to win this one 65 to 60 expect a low scoring game usually is when Kentucky plays.

Georgia at Mississippi 7 EST This could be another close game Georgia is 9 and 4 on the season and Ole Miss is 7 and 6 Neither team has looked very good and Ole Miss has played a lot weaker schedule than we have. Georgia lost by 33 to Georgia Tech and 36 to Baylor. Hard one to call but I'll take Georgia by 8 69 to 61 Ole Miss could pull the upset here but I think Georgia wins.

Florida at MIssissippi State 8 :10 EST Easy winner for Mississippi State probably by around 30 points Mississippi State 83 Florida 53

Auburn at Vanderbilt 8:30 EST Vanderbillt at home should win this game Auburn has been terrible this season. Probably not a blow out but Vandy should take this one by around 10 at least. Vanderbilt 75 Auburn 65

Alabama at LSU 8:40 EST LSU at home needs to take this game. Alabama has been weird as usual winning some games not expected to win and losing some they should've won. LSU should take this in a close game 69 to 63

Texas A&M at Arkansas 9:00 EST would love to see this one may look in on it if the after the football game is over. Game is really a tossup but I am taking Arkansas in a nail biter 78 to 75.

Only home team I look to lose today is Ole Miss although I consider it could go either way as could A&M and Arkansas. All the other home teams seem safe but you never know.

SEC Women's Basketball Clubhouse - Latest Headlines, Standings, Schedule, and Leaders

Every SEC team opens play today and here are the games and times:

Missouri at Tennessee 5 EST Taking Tennessee to win this one 75 to 59. Missouri has three five star players in the starting lineup but thus far they have not played up to that level nor has the Missouri team. Hopefully that last for another game.

Kentucky at South Carolina 7 EST This is probably the most competitive game on the schedule today. I think Kentucky will give SC a game but expect SC to win this one 65 to 60 expect a low scoring game usually is when Kentucky plays.

Georgia at Mississippi 7 EST This could be another close game Georgia is 9 and 4 on the season and Ole Miss is 7 and 6 Neither team has looked very good and Ole Miss has played a lot weaker schedule than we have. Georgia lost by 33 to Georgia Tech and 36 to Baylor. Hard one to call but I'll take Georgia by 8 69 to 61 Ole Miss could pull the upset here but I think Georgia wins.

Florida at MIssissippi State 8 :10 EST Easy winner for Mississippi State probably by around 30 points Mississippi State 83 Florida 53

Auburn at Vanderbilt 8:30 EST Vanderbillt at home should win this game Auburn has been terrible this season. Probably not a blow out but Vandy should take this one by around 10 at least. Vanderbilt 75 Auburn 65

Alabama at LSU 8:40 EST LSU at home needs to take this game. Alabama has been weird as usual winning some games not expected to win and losing some they should've won. LSU should take this in a close game 69 to 63

Texas A&M at Arkansas 9:00 EST would love to see this one may look in on it if the after the football game is over. Game is really a tossup but I am taking Arkansas in a nail biter 78 to 75.

Only home team I look to lose today is Ole Miss although I consider it could go either way as could A&M and Arkansas. All the other home teams seem safe but you never know.

SEC Women's Basketball Clubhouse - Latest Headlines, Standings, Schedule, and Leaders

Exciting day! I’m excited to see how everyone looks against SEC competition. The Arkansas/Texas A&M game SC/Kentucky look like the most interesting games today.

I think A&M will beat Arkansas, A&M rebounds the ball better and can play better defense than Arkansas when they choose. Arkansas can flat score the ball this year, but their defense is still a question mark. If you can slow them down on offense you can beat them. Let their shooters get hot and it could be another story though. I’m going with A&M 74-70.

I give SC the win in the Kentucky/SC matchup. They have several players that can matchup with Howard and she’s really their only significant threat offensively this year. I’ll bet SC runs some set plays for whomever she is guarding to try to get her in foul trouble as well. I can’t picture them having much success guarding SC in the paint today. I’m calling it a 15 point victory for SC in the ballpark of 75-60.

Our game against MIZZOU should be a win for the Lady Vols. MIZZOU has struggled both offensively and defensively this season but I still expect them to come out and play tough. We should kill them on the glass, should be able to get plenty of second chance points this afternoon. I also look to see us getting out in transition and scoring some easy buckets, overall MIZZOU has poor foot speed this year. They also lack a true point guard. I’m guessing we will throw some pressure at them, I like the 3/4 court trap we’ve been using off and on. Our trapping zone also looked pretty good last time out. Really need our bench to continue to step up, hoping to see some consistent shooting start to develop for our team over the next few games as well.

Exciting day! I’m excited to see how everyone looks against SEC competition. The Arkansas/Texas A&M game SC/Kentucky look like the most interesting games today.

I think A&M will beat Arkansas, A&M rebounds the ball better and can play better defense than Arkansas when they choose. Arkansas can flat score the ball this year, but their defense is still a question mark. If you can slow them down on offense you can beat them. Let their shooters get hot and it could be another story though. I’m going with A&M 74-70.

I give SC the win in the Kentucky/SC matchup. They have several players that can matchup with Howard and she’s really their only significant threat offensively this year. I’ll bet SC runs some set plays for whomever she is guarding to try to get her in foul trouble as well. I can’t picture them having much success guarding SC in the paint today. I’m calling it a 15 point victory for SC in the ballpark of 75-60.

Our game against MIZZOU should be a win for the Lady Vols. MIZZOU has struggled both offensively and defensively this season but I still expect them to come out and play tough. We should kill them on the glass, should be able to get plenty of second chance points this afternoon. I also look to see us getting out in transition and scoring some easy buckets, overall MIZZOU has poor foot speed this year. They also lack a true point guard. I’m guessing we will throw some pressure at them, I like the 3/4 court trap we’ve been using off and on. Our trapping zone also looked pretty good last time out. Really need our bench to continue to step up, hoping to see some consistent shooting start to develop for our team over the next few games as well.
You never know how a game where the two teams have talent but in different ways is gonna go. A&M usually depends on what kind of game Carter has when they are playing someone of equal talent. If she has a great game I agree A&M should win usually on the road she is less than great this is a great game best of them all in the SEC as far as matchups. A&M needs rebound points and Arkansas needs an efficient game shooting the three.

South Carolina absolutely beat down Kentucky. I figured a 15 point win would be about right, 27 points is demoralizing. They have great chemistry. I don’t see anyone beating them in the SEC this season. At least not easily.

This A&M/Arkansas game is getting interesting. Late fouls are costing A&M, really not executing the last minute or so when they had a comfortable lead. 22 seconds 3 point game.

Arkansas had an efficient game shooting the three, but you can really pound them on the boards. Our game plan must is second chance points against them. Get those offensive rebounds and stick backs. This is what A&M did in this game and Carter started out hot as A&M hit five threes in the first quarter. After seeing all the teams yesterday and before yesterday I feel like we have a very good shot of being in the top three in the league. Of course we'll have to become far better than we were yesterday defensively as that is where we could be great. Right now were great in some parts of the game and average to much of the other parts.

SEC on Sunday:

Vanderbilt at Florida 12 noon est Think Vandy goes to 2 and 0 with a win down there 70 to 60.

Arkansas at Auburn 2 pm est Arkansas should have enough fire power to top Auburn 75 to 63

LSU at Missouri 2 pm est This could be an upset but I have to stick with LSU in a close game 65 to 60

Tennessee at Kentucky 4 pm est I still haven't got a complete handle on our team they play well in spurts but not 40 minutes. I probably would be correct in picking Kentucky in this one but I feel we can take them if we just come with 40 minutes of energy. Tennessee 65 Kentucky 60

Mississippi State at Georgia 4 pm est This should be another win for Mississippi State they seem to have to much for Georgia to handle even at their place. I think it will go about 75 to 60 in this one as Mississippi State gets a road win.

South Carolina at Alabama 6 pm est South Carolina doesn't play as well on the road as at home but they have plenty to beat Alabama but weird things sometime happen down there. South Carolina 80 Alabama 65

Mississippi at Texas A&M on Monday at 7 pm est want be that close I look for a huge win for A&M of at least 30 something like 80 to 50.

Hopefully with every game we get better our intensity gets better and we put together a game where we compete for the entire 40 minutes. In every game thus far there has always been a part of the game where we play sloppy making unforced errors or fail to play with the intensity and effort that we need to be giving. Were a lot better at that than we were last year, but still a ways to go to make me happy with how much effort I would like to see.

I’m feeling pretty nervous today, I feel like this Kentucky game today will tell us a lot about our trajectory in the SEC.

They could come out one of two ways after their beat down from South Carolina. They’re going to be really hungry and play super tough or they’re going to have the hangover from that loss.

We need to control the tempo from the tip.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I’m feeling pretty nervous today, I feel like this Kentucky game today will tell us a lot about our trajectory in the SEC.

They could come out one of two ways after their beat down from South Carolina. They’re going to be really hungry and play super tough or they’re going to have the hangover from that loss.

Right on the tempo thing especially on the defensive end,,,,can't let em get comfortable on offense
..SC exposed a few weaknesses in KY,,,we can exploit them bc we're similar in height and skill to SC

Holly Warlick one of the tv announcers Vanderbilt vs Florida ESPNU

Holly Warlick one of the tv announcers Vanderbilt vs Florida ESPNU

The male announcer said something about Vandy already having more SEC victories than all last season. All I could think about is that we lost to them at home last year lol. Holly was silent. Awkward.

Reactions: mcannon1
I'd predict her broadcasting career will be about as shortlived as Fulmer's based on the verbal skills/vocabulary of each.

Reactions: VolBall09

Finishing high in the SEC is always about winning the home games and hopefully at least .500 on the road. The game is much more important to Kentucky than Tennessee in regards to their hopes of a high SEC finish. We could put a huge block in any hopes they have by beating them on the road. The key will certainly be defense and if we can score enough. Some games all your layups and shots just seem to go in we need that kind of game today. You figure that they have one player that will score over 20 and your goal is to hold the rest of the team to as few points as you can. I look forward to the game would be a lot more nervous if it was a home game. When I looked at the schedule this is one of the games I expected to lose and it might still happen, but I feel much better about us winning this one than I did at the beginning of the season. If we can play the defense that I've seen us play in stretches of other games and have a decent showing on offense I feel great about a win today.

she doesnt seem comfortable at all calling a game..kinda awkward

Not her calling. Feels too soon. I remember Amanda Butler trying the same thing after she was canned at Florida, just did not translate well. She got back into coaching right quick, as I suspect Holly will do also.

Somewhat surprised with the Florida/Vandy outcome. I thought Vandy would likely take that one with some ease. Florida really played tough and just flat out hustled them.

Somewhat surprised with the Florida/Vandy outcome. I thought Vandy would likely take that one with some ease. Florida really played tough and just flat out hustled them.
Were finding out about league play every game is a battle and it certainly appears that Vandy is far more talented than Florida they couldn't match their energy today. The bigger surprise is how Missouri is pummeling LSU at their place today. This is quite a shocker. Makes me think no game is out of reach and no game is certain you have to come to play.

Were finding out about league play every game is a battle and it certainly appears that Vandy is far more talented than Florida they couldn't match their energy today. The bigger surprise is how Missouri is pummeling LSU at their place today. This is quite a shocker. Makes me think no game is out of reach and no game is certain you have to come to play.

Yes I absolutely agree! Missouri is shooting lights out from the 3. They started that way against us but then we ran them off of there pretty good for 2.5 quarters. LSU can’t answer that many shots from deep.

everybody had a clean slate on Wednesday.

Early in the standings it is more important to stay in the hunt...it is twice as hard to play from behind the standings and play to get back into the hunt...once you accumulate more than a couple of losses, you're for the most part, out of the hint

It's all about the home court advantage. Year ago I did a little analytical study and came to the conclusion that -- on average -- the home court advantage was worth 12 to 15 points, depending on conference. I'm not sure it's that different today.

But in Mizzou's case, it's just that LSU let them shoot 3's unmolested. That won't happen in the second half. And I look for LSU to just flood the lane and get second and third shots while puttin Mizzou in foul trouble. Missouri is very bad at boxing out and rebounding. I'm not sure that they'll hold on, even at home.

everybody had a clean slate on Wednesday.

Early in the standings it is more important to stay in the hunt...it is twice as hard to play from behind the standings and play to get back into the hunt...once you accumulate more than a couple of losses, you're for the most part, out of the hint
Especially losses at home really put you in a bind because you lose one there hard to make it up playing on the road. Most teams will lose half their road games unless they are elite and usually junior and senior dominated.

It's all about the home court advantage. Year ago I did a little analytical study and came to the conclusion that -- on average -- the home court advantage was worth 12 to 15 points, depending on conference. I'm not sure it's that different today.

But in Mizzou's case, it's just that LSU let them shoot 3's unmolested. That won't happen in the second half. And I look for LSU to just flood the lane and get second and third shots while puttin Mizzou in foul trouble. Missouri is very bad at boxing out and rebounding. I'm not sure that they'll hold on, even at home.
Down to 13 gonna have to hit some shots to get it down they did bring the defensive intensity in the third and if again in the fourth this could turn out to be a down the wire nailbiter.

VN Store

Back