2020 qb comparison/talk/debate (merged)

H#ll No.
The only thing we get from this year is that Pruitt/coaches felt JG was less risky due to experience.
Let’s hope they feel having the best talent on the field will give us the best chance next year
As ugly as the QB play was, you’ve got to think that it will end up being a strength. Possibly, Bailey is as good as advertised, but there are worse spots to be in than having a guy on the roster with 25 starts and another that has gotten significant reps and looked dynamic at times.

I said it was MY worst moment, as in me talking like an idiot during a play. I swear. You’ve got one gear. This may be a shock, but not every post is in response to you or a slight to a QB.

What the heck does “consider the source” mean?
It means that I have yet to see you comment on anything that’s not some kind of backhanded criticism of myself or BM within conversations I’m involved in. A good example was last night. You gave me a backhanded compliment only to follow it up with criticism of my screen name being in relation to him. Still waiting for some kind response when you learned the truth of how it came to be. It happens pretty often and it’s cool because you have a way of showing your position with class unlike the others that I’m constantly going round and round with but your position in the overall debate is clear.

It means that I have yet to see you comment on anything that’s not some kind of backhanded criticism of myself or BM within conversations I’m involved in. A good example was last night. You gave me a backhanded compliment only to follow it up with criticism of my screen name being in relation to him. Still waiting for some kind response when you learned the truth of how it came to be. It happens pretty often and it’s cool because you have a way of showing your position with class unlike the others that I’m constantly going round and round with but your position in the overall debate is clear.
You signed up 10 days after the Spring game where Maurer wore 18 and supposedly used Peyton Manning’s NFL number in your screen name instead of his college number like I would expect a Vol fan to do. Forgive me for being a skeptic but I decided to take your word for it. And I literally complimented Maurer 2 posts ago.

What just happened is you thought I was ripping your guy and you got defensive. Hell, I even made fun of a JG throw within 2 or 3 posts lol.
My reaction to the pick 6 was “$&@&! That wasn’t even the Safety that got that. It was the Nickel.”

I mean... if you’re going to throw a pick 6, at least throw it to a DB that you CAN’T see.
...but, consider the source.

Dude... you signed up 10 days after the Spring game where Maurer wore 18 and supposedly used Peyton Manning’s NFL number in your screen name instead of his college number like I would expect a Vol fan to do. Forgive me for being a skeptic but I decided to take your word for it. And I literally complimented Maurer 2 posts ago.

You are clearly obsessed with defending one guy... which is totally fine. As for me, I don’t care who plays. I think Maurer’s 3rd down conversion was a thing of beauty and the way he juked the DE when he pulled it on the read option was something nobody else on the roster could do. I’m not trying to win a debate. I’m also not interested in people crapping on any player. I’ve killed God knows how many posts that I thought went too far on both guys.
I see your point but I carry this screen name on pretty much everything. So I’ve had it a while longer. Maybe that’s why I thought it was well before then because there was also a waiting period. My bad on that one.

And by “position” I didn’t mean pro or anti of any of the qbs themselves. Maybe it’s just me, idk but I’ve felt that way on more than one occasion.

I’m well aware of the reputation I’m building here. I aware it SEEMS I’m here to defend one player. As I’ve tried to explain to others I’m passionate about the qb position and I’m an avid student of the game. But the reason I seem to be talking one player is because that player happens to get the most unfair criticism and due to my defense of him there are 3 people on here that attack me. The result is ongoing debate in his defense. I will not however debate true statements or fair criticisms.

I see your point but I carry this screen name on pretty much everything. So I’ve had it a while longer. Maybe that’s why I thought it was well before then because there was also a waiting period. My bad on that one.

And by “position” I didn’t mean pro or anti of any of the qbs themselves. Maybe it’s just me, idk but I’ve felt that way on more than one occasion.

I’m well aware of the reputation I’m building here. I aware it SEEMS I’m here to defend one player. As I’ve tried to explain to others I’m passionate about the qb position and I’m an avid student of the game. But the reason I seem to be talking one player is because that player happens to get the most unfair criticism and due to my defense of him there are 3 people on here that attack me. The result is ongoing debate in his defense. I will not however debate true statements or fair criticisms.
Your passion is peculiarly focused. Shock us with a breakdown of the OL sometime...if you know any of their names.

Reactions: lexkyvol
I said it was MY worst moment, as in me talking like an idiot during a play. I swear. You’ve got one gear. This may be a shock, but not every post is in response to you or a slight to a QB.

But, we apparently have something to talk about. What the heck does “consider the source” mean?
Beyond our comprehension. Need a parchment from QB Talking Bout Stuff Academy.

Why would I attempt a breakdown of the o line if I have little to no experience doing so?
You don’t get experience by avoiding it. Why attempt it? Shows INTEREST in the program that you purport to be invested m.

You don’t get experience by avoiding it. Why attempt it? Shows INTEREST in the program that you purport to be invested m.
There’s a reason there are “positional” coaches. Ever wonder why I’ve questioned why Pruitt was choosing the qb?

There’s a reason there are “positional” coaches. Ever wonder why I’ve questioned why Pruitt was choosing the qb?
So you don’t grasp why a FELLOW Vol fan questions your lack of interest in any other portion of the program?

So you don’t grasp why a FELLOW Vol fan questions your lack of interest in any other portion of the program?
I’m well aware of my reputation deserved or otherwise. If those that feel a certain way can’t see why it seems that way they’ll never understand the truth of who I am. We all stand for something and I stand for kids unfairly criticized by those with the true agendas.

Buddy, any coach knows about the rest of the game. You’re saying a qb coach knows nothing about o-line play? Everyone sees you love BM but it’s getting absurd. It’s getting to the point where you need to create a new account.

Whats so frustrating is the signs of JG play was evident in the spring game..his first 3 passed were a short hook, a late out on 3rd down short of the marker. Then a long pass over thrown to calloway....so from the beginning he did not improve..

I wouldn’t expect you of all people to understand the learning curve a qb when it’s clear you have no idea.
Bro, we know the game of football to, it’s not exclusive to posters with BMs number in their username.

My biggest hope is that Harrison Bailey comes in, grasps the offense quickly and takes over early.
It’s obvious we don’t have the talent on the roster now to get better than 8 games

My biggest hope is that Harrison Bailey comes in, grasps the offense quickly and takes over early.
It’s obvious we don’t have the talent on the roster now to get better than 8 games
Next season we should be flush with huge talent and depth at QB (according to many close to the program on this board). Having four or five great guys at that position should allow CJP to pick the cream as our starter, next year's roster-10+wins. (remember we have 5 Powderpufffffff games)

Buddy, any coach knows about the rest of the game. You’re saying a qb coach knows nothing about o-line play? Everyone sees you love BM but it’s getting absurd. It’s getting to the point where you need to create a new account.
I know enough about the o line to be effective in a hs game. At the college/pro level however you gotta understand the blocking schemes on any given play before you can evaluate how they did as a unit and as an individual. If I were being asked to evaluate them within my own offense I could.

Here’s what I don’t understand about a remark like that. I’m doing the exact same thing for BM as k town, Pulaski and lexkyvol do for JG. Yet I’m called out by those that disagree for being a supporter of his. Meanwhile those 3 are on nearly every thread battling it out with MANY others using FALSE claims, cherry picked stats and stories. Not one time have I posted ANYTHING untrue regardless of who agrees or disagrees. But they’re cool and I’m not? I’m the one that needs to change my account? Naw man..... I’ll stand here just as proud as the next guy and own when I’m right or wrong, unlike those guys.

Reactions: whodeycin85
I know enough about the o line to be effective in a hs game. At the college/pro level however you gotta understand the blocking schemes on any given play before you can evaluate how they did as a unit and as an individual. If I were being asked to evaluate them within my own offense I could.

Here’s what I don’t understand about a remark like that. I’m doing the exact same thing for BM as k town, Pulaski and lexkyvol do for JG. Yet I’m called out by those that disagree for being a supporter of his. Meanwhile those 3 are on nearly every thread battling it out with MANY others using FALSE claims, cherry picked stats and stories. Not one time have I posted ANYTHING untrue regardless of who agrees or disagrees. But they’re cool and I’m not? I’m the one that needs to change my account? Naw man..... I’ll stand here just as proud as the next guy and own when I’m right or wrong, unlike those guys.
I understand there others on the opposite side that are equally biased and I have stated as such. All y’all are more worried about being right to have an objective discussion.

I understand there others on the opposite side that are equally biased and I have stated as such. All y’all are more worried about being right to have an objective discussion.
That’s not entirely true. I’m not a hater of JG. I’ve repeatedly said I want him to succeed and hope he does. I actually really like the kid and have been open in giving him his due compliments. The criticisms of him stem from the choices of Pruitt and the narrative he created in relation to both BM and JTS. I’ve never seen the amount of favoritism for a player at any level that I’ve seen with Pruitt and JG. That being said I’ll admit, due to those choices, that we wouldn’t have reached the bowl without JG. However it’s unfair to assume BM wouldn’t have won at least some of those games himself had he been left in. My stance is had Pruitt showed less favoritism he’d have made the switch at halftime of GAST and never looked back. The result of BM getting his first action vs cupcake teams rather than the best teams in the country could’ve been huge not only for him but the future of the program. Now look at everyone as a result of how it was handled. We’re sitting here after a decent season wondering if we have a an at all and no one truly KNOWS.

Fair enough. I honestly think BM got thrown in too early as it was. Let’s say JG gets benched or is injured against GA St and BM takes over in the second half. The o-line was like revolving door and no running game to speak of. The off was all on the qb that game and I don’t think that would have been the spot for an inexperienced qb. Contrary to popular belief, JG did not play terrible, that loss is on the defense, they were awful.

Fair enough. I honestly think BM got thrown in too early as it was. Let’s say JG gets benched or is injured against GA St and BM takes over in the second half. The o-line was like revolving door and no running game to speak of. The off was all on the qb that game and I don’t think that would have been the spot for an inexperienced qb. Contrary to popular belief, JG did not play terrible, that loss is on the defense, they were awful.
Totally agree. JG should’ve been better, but in the end, it was the defense that gave up 38 to a Sunbelt team. There were problems with JG going through progressions in that game for sure, but I can’t imagine many coaches would’ve made a QB change in favor of a true freshman at the half of that game.

I actually agree with all of what you said although BMs escape ability may have made a difference. JG really didn’t have a BAD game statistically. I think his criticism of that particular game was how many NEAR ints along with actual ints there were (freshman mistakes). Which brings me to the KY game as an example of your defensive comment. Some of the back and forth I’ve been involved in has stemmed from criticism of BM and how he played in that game. But the truth is we were having the same problem with KY as we had with GAST. We couldn’t stop the option and/or QB run. They held the ball for all but 8.5 min of the first half. We got the ball for the first time and over 10 min of the game was already gone in one drive. It was GAST all over again defensively. Given that fact BM was quietly having a good game throwing for 100 and rushing for 20 in less than a qtr. There’s no reason to believe that he couldn’t/wouldn’t have won that game and had the same kind of second half that JG did once the defense started stopping them.

I’m well aware of my reputation deserved or otherwise. If those that feel a certain way can’t see why it seems that way they’ll never understand the truth of who I am. We all stand for something and I stand for ONE kid! Blah blah blah...that’s bout it.

Reactions: chargervol

VN Store

Back