Coaching Staff Changes (David Johnson leaving for FSU)

A lateral move to coach under a HC he left to come coach at Tennessee? That makes a lot of sense for a career choice.
He's not exactly been good on the recruiting trail, nor developing our backs. Won't hurt us much, if any at all imo.

I wouldn't mind dropping him and going after Harry Hiestand, who was here during Dooley years. He was a solid OL coach. Recruiting would be a concern, but not like Friend is some master recruiter. HH was also here with Chaney.

Wasnt really a HH fan myself. Interesting that his name would come up right now, when he was let go by an NFL team in the last few days.

You lost me at Harry Hiestand.

I honestly wouldn't mind him teaming back up with Chaney. We still had NFL caliber linemen on the team and they got better in Dooley's last two years.He also put 6 guys from Notre Dame in the NFL

I honestly wouldn't mind him teaming back up with Chaney. We still had NFL caliber linemen on the team and they got better in Dooley's last two years.He also put 6 guys from Notre Dame in the NFL
They could pass block but run blocking left a lot to be desired. Don't think he would be an upgrade over Friend.

Reactions: VolDC
Seriously? We had refs actually showing Tiny how to properly line up during timeouts under Heistand

His time since UT days with Chaney have been days that are more good than bad. His Notre Dame days were lightyears ahead of his time at UT. He's also been in the Pro's for a while. I don't see how he would be worse than Friend.

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
Him leaving sucks. His leaving for the same job sucks even more. If he leaves for a promotion that can be spun positively. A lateral move does not look good no matter how you spin it. Hopefully this is just rumor

Him leaving sucks. His leaving for the same job sucks even more. If he leaves for a promotion that can be spun positively. A lateral move does not look good no matter how you spin it. Hopefully this is just rumor
He Gone

I don’t think $$ would have been an issue had Pruitt wanted him here. Odd though, since his forte is WRs. I could see him leaving to get back in that role. I think theres a chance Tee gets promoted to QB coach and Weinke gets moved or fired. I don’t think Chaney is in sync with this staff.

VN Store

Back