Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

So visiting relatives in Knoxville (Farragut/Lenoir City area), any good liquor stores around these parts with a good bourbon selection? I see there’s a Total Wine in the Turkey Creek area....
McScrooge's used to be pretty good.

Anyone tried some Peanut Butter Whiskey??

79850049_1265057213686537_4922844252855074816_o.jpg

Finally found some of this yesterday, not bad at all!

A reliably good whiskey. I don’t drink it often at that price. It’s also become very hard to find around here. Last batch I got was called Shiny Batch.
I have seen a few bottles around here, one store has it for $72 another one 10 miles away has it for $90. Is it worth $72?

Final Christmas haul: Buffalo Trace, Weller SR, Dickel BIB, and I found Rebel Yell 100 for $17 so I'll give that a try. I took the Eagle Rare to the in laws for sharing but wound up hiding it as it became far too popular.

Cracked the heavens door, very sweet, vanilla tones, smooth finish with little burn. Perfect to drink straight with a cube.

Reactions: YankeeVol
Initial thoughts on the Rebel Yell 100 is this is a great deal for under $20. I expected a really harsh nose or finish and it’s got neither. And a delightful warming. May pick another one up just to have in reserve.

I mentioned peanut butter whiskey earlier, it was Sheep Dog though not Screwball. Maybe some people have me blocked, lol.

I got to try Weller Special Reserve and Henry McKenna 10 year side by side. Hands down Weller is the winner.
I then scored a bottle of both for Christmas.

I got to try Weller Special Reserve and Henry McKenna 10 year side by side. Hands down Weller is the winner.

I feel the opposite about those two. The great thing about bourbon is that everyone’s palate is different, so there is no right or wrong

I'm mostly a bourbon guy but drink a little scotch now and then. I tried a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue last night for the first time. I must say it was pretty damn good. Is it worth the price? It was for me, I didn't buy it.

Basil Hayden Dark Rye was pretty good. Just tried it at Embers ski lodge in Nashville.

Also had Noah’s Mill 15, which was pretty good but had a little bit more burn than I usually enjoy, but I figured it would going in.

Check out Grist’s bottle release coming up Saturday.

I saw where they were releasing a few BA stouts. I’ll have to get over to the Nations and check them out.

I’m waiting for them to release the Coffee Fluffernutter again. That one was incredible.

VN Store

Back